Auburn 24 LSU 19 | Post Game Thread

Maverick.AU

5 minutes ago, bootskii said:

I'll take Andy any day over announcers like Eli Gold. Everytime I hear that guys voice on the radio I wish I were deaf.

I used to love to listen to Stabler doing color for Ala. After he got canned I never listened anymore. Snake was the best. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Say what you want, Eli is gold.

Lol I'm going to guess you been hittin grandpa's cough medicine after that awesome win tonight.

• Haha 2

Just now, gulftiger66 said:

I used to love to listen to Stabler doing color for Ala. After he got canned I never listened anymore. Snake was the best. 

I liked Stabler but if truth be told my favorite was Larry Munson. He kept it real. If UGA was sucking he would come out and just say it. 

5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I said Gus played not to lose. It cost us at LSU twice. 

Typo...left out a word because my cat was trying to walk on my keyboard.

And playing "NOT to lose" is just one of those trite phrases that probably came from the media. Gus wanted to win every game just like every other SEC coach. Nobody at that level plays NOT to lose. It's way past time to move past Gus and just let him be. He's a decent man even if he didn't always deliver as a coach so that's where it needs to end.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

Y'all quit b****ing at each other. This win hasn't happened in 22 years. Enjoy it and argue later.

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

@cole256does his share of goading…he’s no saint.

yeah but he isn't in here cursing another poster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

I don’t know how much of the second half was defensive adjustments and guys just doing more and putting more effort, but I appreciate it either way. Maximus was definitely feeling it and caused a few errant throws 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

YES!! Shivers is one tough kid and he is so valuable to the team. He just has that way of being hell bent to succeed at the time Auburn needs him the most. It's uncanny....

Watching LSU’s complete lack of a running game, it just seemed like Auburn had so many more weapons on the O side then LSU. Call me crazy, call me drunk, but I think we could possibly upset Georgia at home next week!

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

And playing "NOT to lose" is just one of those trite phrases that probably came from the media. Gus wanted to win every game just like every other SEC coach. Nobody at that level plays NOT to lose. It's way past time to move past Gus and just let him be. He's a decent man even if he didn't always deliver as a coach so that's where it needs to end.  

Gus is the reason the offensive line is in the terrible shape its in. It's gonna be a reoccurring topic.

• Facepalm 1

49 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

We’re beating Georgia. WDE. 

Can I have what you are smoking?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

You mean they’re the same except that one coach had 8 years to the other coach’s 5 games to get it right? Gotcha. 

Did you see the "so far"part? Apparently not. And don't tell me what I mean. I meant exactly what I said. You just didn't get it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bootskii said:

All I'm going to say is Shivers is freaking clutch. That beautiful little bowling ball is really the unsung hero of this team. 

Personally not a fan of the whole scramble for your life and throwing it but I'll take it. Especially against one of our most hated rivals and in BR. I'm proud of Bo for showing true grit tonight and showing that competitive spirt. WAR EAGLE!

The left side of that OL needs 4 more tenures in college before they figure it out 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cbo said:

This is so wrong. If the mods have any balls, you will be permanently banned. 

Do yourself a favor and put me on ignore.

6 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I don't think Gus played to lose but he made a looooot of questionable calls and made some very odd decisions. One can look at the UCF vs. Navy game tonight and see it. Not Gus bashing he just made me scratch my head sometimes and throw things at the tv.

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Gus is the reason the offensive line is in the terrible shape its in. It's gonna be a reoccurring topic.

We were discussing coaching decisions and play calling OF THE CURRENT COACHING STAFF. Gus has nothing to do with what any of that. 

It's like a reverse bammer Bear Bryant thing. He'd been dead for 20 years and they kept digging up his grave. 

7 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Watching LSU’s complete lack of a running game, it just seemed like Auburn had so many more weapons on the O side then LSU. Call me crazy, call me drunk, but I think we could possibly upset Georgia at home next week!

Let’s don’t spoil this win talking about Georgia because that’s an entirely different animal that will be discussed throughout the week. War Damn Eagle

22 minutes ago, cbo said:

This is so wrong. If the mods have any balls, you will be permanently banned. 

concurred.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

You are drunk. there, I called it,

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This is a strange post

facts.

7 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

We were discussing coaching decisions and play calling OF THE CURRENT COACHING STAFF. Gus has nothing to do with what any of that. 

It's like a reverse bammer Bear Bryant thing. He'd been dead for 20 years and they kept digging up his grave. 

hahaha, good point. You are right,

You come on here after a great win, expecting to read a fun thread. You see several people attacking @cole256 when he said nothing at all here.

It gets worse when you see @AU-24 with a clearly racist post.

@augolf1716 @bigbird I like and respect you guys. Do the right thing and take care of this. 

Edited by cbo
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 3