Auburn 24 LSU 19 | Post Game Thread

Maverick.AU

7 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Pro tip: if you don’t like a poster don’t engage them. It’s literally that easy. There’s even an ignore function for it.

The constant back and forth with Cole is just so ******* annoying. I’ve never seen another poster on any other message board that rustles as much jimmies as he does. It’s comical.  And the cherry on top is that he’s just speaking his mind. 

There are dozens that end up going back and forth with this same guy. Sorry, but you're blind as a bat on this one. There is always one common denominator when this happens, and it's that same person that always whines and wonders why it always happens to him. He's the same one that eggs it on and eggs it on, and doesn't stop the argument either. You're way off base. It's like the one idiot in the room of 100 complaining that something is wrong with the other 99. Yes, put him on ignore, but it's blatantly obvious who has had this issue over and over and over for literally years.

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

lets not forget liberty spanked the auburn hating coach named bill in the ham and did it first game in their new stadium. i hate pulling against uab but i cannot stand their head coach. the fact an ex auburn player lit him up makes it even sweeter.

I know what you mean.

It's not that I hate Clark, its just that I got tired of seeing fan's of his coaching constantly recommending him for our Coaching job.

I never understood that. He just didn't have the cred, and if it WAS true how he handled the press, when he supposedly said he turned the job down, then we know he's also a BSer....

• Like 1

Last YEAR we completed 28 passes for 179 yards and 0 TDs to backs.   We completed 20 passes for 188 yards and 0 TDs to tight ends.   Through 5 games this year have completed 17 passes for 131 yards and 1 TD to backs.  We have completed 21 passes for 276 yards and 1 TD to tight ends.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I know what you mean.

It's not that I hate Clark, its just that I got tired of seeing fan's of his coaching constantly recommending him for our Coaching job.

I never understood that. He just didn't have the cred, and if it WAS true how he handled the press, when he supposedly said he turned the job down, then we know he's also a BSer....

man he hates auburn. when he was a coach at prattville i think he would not allow auburn coaches to talk to his plyers. do i have proof? no but i have heard a whole bunch of folks say it. i used to like uab when bama was giving them a hard time but until they get a new football coach i could care less if he ever wins another game. as some guys about him. clark is not auburns friend.

• Like 1

Just now, aubiefifty said:

man he hates auburn. when he was a coach at prattville i think he would not allow auburn coaches to talk to his plyers. do i have proof? no but i have heard a whole bunch of folks say it. i used to like uab when bama was giving them a hard time but until they get a new football coach i could care less if he ever wins another game. as some guys about him. clark is not auburns friend.

How can I professional completely make up sorties is beyond me

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the gameplan, she's just a closet Gus-Apologist. If you can read between the lines, see how many of them (they're very obvious) have this peculiar reaction to the first road win against LSU in 21 years wherein the entirety of their post is opining about mistakes or our coaches making "stupid decisions". Its literally as if they're upset that we won, such that they're grasping to try to make it seem like we got lucky or something. Her post literally implies that we played like s***, but that Bo Nix's broken plays won the game for us (this didn't happen).

Her recollection of the game doesn't even match reality. Apparently we "played like a middle school team for 2 quarters". In reality, LSU scored 7 points in the first quarter on a 50+ yard breakaway from their best player (a great play-call by them) and then a freakishly perfect throw and catch to the same receiver for the long TD. That entire scoring drive was essentially two plays. We won the 2nd quarter 10-6, and the first half INCLUDED a missed field goal by us. It was 13-10 LSU at halftime and realistically should have been at least 13-13. We played hard and obviously won the 2nd quarter, so to imply that we played like a "middle school team" is a joke.

We flat out outplayed them in the 2nd half. 14-6 for us including two long TD drives, whereas LSU could only manage field goals. The 2nd half also included ANOTHER missed field goal by us on a blocked kick. We actually left 6 points on the board in the game on missed field goals alone, not even taking into account drops haunting us again.

Offensive play-calling was there all game long. We converted 3rd and 4th downs all night - revolving around great utilization of the RB's on swing passes, and the TE's. Bo Nix was given and utilized his safety valves, and they unleashed designed QB runs to introduce an added wrinkle. He pulled some plays out of his ass as well, but we had LSU's defense playing on their heels. By the way, they were #1 in the country going into this game in sacks - and our OL actually handled them incredibly well given the limitations there. The talk going INTO this game was that LSU's DL would abuse us in passing situations.

This was the epitome of a strong team win. We handled their early haymakers and never broke. 

Thanks. I see what you mean. I don't know this poster that well.

It reminds of another poster on here that dogs Bo (and there are times he deserves all the criticism)m but gives him credit for last night's game like this....

On that miraculous scramble, and perfect throw to Fromm while he is getting mauled, and this poster says... "It was nice".

Nice? That was one of the greatest plays Nix has ever had, and it hands down is a ESPN play of the game. But, if your agenda is you don't like someone as a player and coach, then they are going to die on that sword....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

The coaches have a lot of work to do before they get a pass....

Why hold this staff to a standard that was ignored for 8+ years

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Just now, cole256 said:

How can I professional completely make up sorties is beyond me

i have no idea what you are saying? honest and not a slam.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i have no idea what you are saying? honest and not a slam.

Didn't he make up he turned us down?

• Like 2

Just now, cole256 said:

Didn't he make up he turned us down?

yes he did. they never even talked to him. the guy might be a decnt coach but he is a joke......

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

image.gif.8b6125c5b0f72fcb075c704c2b1fbf77.gifall of this 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thread Over 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, metafour said:

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the gameplan, she's just a closet Gus-Apologist. If you can read between the lines, see how many of them (they're very obvious) have this peculiar reaction to the first road win against LSU in 21 years wherein the entirety of their post is opining about mistakes or our coaches making "stupid decisions". Its literally as if they're upset that we won, such that they're grasping to try to make it seem like we got lucky or something. Her post literally implies that we played like s***, but that Bo Nix's broken plays won the game for us (this didn't happen).

Her recollection of the game doesn't even match reality. Apparently we "played like a middle school team for 2 quarters". In reality, LSU scored 7 points in the first quarter on a 50+ yard breakaway from their best player (a great play-call by them) and then a freakishly perfect throw and catch to the same receiver for the long TD. That entire scoring drive was essentially two plays. We won the 2nd quarter 10-6, and the first half INCLUDED a missed field goal by us. It was 13-10 LSU at halftime and realistically should have been at least 13-13. We played hard and obviously won the 2nd quarter, so to imply that we played like a "middle school team" is a joke.

We flat out outplayed them in the 2nd half. 14-6 for us including two long TD drives, whereas LSU could only manage field goals. The 2nd half also included ANOTHER missed field goal by us on a blocked kick. We actually left 6 points on the board in the game on missed field goals alone, not even taking into account drops haunting us again.

Offensive play-calling was there all game long. We converted 3rd and 4th downs all night - revolving around great utilization of the RB's on swing passes, and the TE's. Bo Nix was given and utilized his safety valves, and they unleashed designed QB runs to introduce an added wrinkle. He pulled some plays out of his ass as well, but we had LSU's defense playing on their heels. By the way, they were #1 in the country going into this game in sacks - and our OL actually handled them incredibly well given the limitations there. The talk going INTO this game was that LSU's DL would abuse us in passing situations.

This was the epitome of a strong team win. We handled their early haymakers and never broke. 

I agree. The game thread was a whine fest... literally people were commenting and complaining about others about celebrating a good play.  The only thing people want to post is negative comments without any context or nitpicking plays. 

Anyway... what are your thoughts about Georgia after this game? 

• Like 1

The melts on tigerdroppings are epic.  Anytime we can ruin a corndog season is a good season.  

Bo gets all the props I can give.   He balled out when we had to have it.   All credit to the young man.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

The melts on tigerdroppings are epic.  Anytime we can ruin a corndog season is a good season.  

Bo gets all the props I can give.   He balled out when we had to have it.   All credit to the young man.

i mean everyone wanted to fire our entire staff last week?? Glad its them and not us this time around. 

8 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

The game thread was a whine fest... literally people were commenting and complaining about others about celebrating a good play.

It has taken me years but I finally stopped looking at the game threads. There are too many agendas. I find I am much happier, even when losing, if I do not read it. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Bingo.

I'm seeing the same posters who couldn't find a single fault when the last coach blew the game against teams like: the worst South Carolina team in forever, Minnesota, UCF, etc, etc. now ALL OF A SUDDEN demanding perfection in Year 1 of a rebuild with an obviously incomplete roster. Oh we beat LSU in their stadium for the first time in 21 years? Not good enough! We didn't blow them out or dominate for 4 quarters LOL. The same posters were happier than a pig in s*** when the last coach barely won the game on absolute fluke miracles. We absolutely controlled LSU and outcoached them.

For those that apparently all of a sudden don't find a 24-19 come from behind win at LSU impressive...let me remind you of a few recent games:

2018 game (in Auburn) vs LSU:

We were winning 21-10 in the 3rd quarter. Ended up losing the game 22-21 after LSU scored 9 points to our ZERO in the 4th. We were the higher ranked team going into this game.

2017 game at LSU:

We were up 17-0 in the first quarter, and were up 23-14 at halftime. Ended up losing the game 27-23 after LSU completely blanked us in the 2nd half. We scored zero points in the 2nd half and managed just 6 points after dropping 17 on them in the 1st quarter. One of the most mismanaged and poorly coached collapses you'll ever witness. Oh yeah, and we were the higher ranked team going into this game.

But please, continue to tell me how absolutely reprehensible it was for us to lose by 8-points against a Top 5 team (Penn State) on the road. In the 1st year of a complete overhaul on both sides of the ball.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

57 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think you know why

32 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Who ignored it? IIRC....there was a successful run in 2013 so people were not unhappy.  The hate came later and got loud enough that Gus lost his job. Leath was mixed up in all of that mess of course so that money was an issue. And one of the complaints was that Auburn should not settle for mediocrity. Does that not hold true these days? 

Are you proposing that Auburn should try that formula again.....wait 8 years to see if Harsin gets it? 

I think Harsin will catch on a lot quicker and I hope he does. He seems to be able to address problems and find solutions. But if not then move on a little faster this time or don't expect things to get better. You can't have it both ways. 

I've seen enough in my life as an Auburn fan to not jump all in on the Harsin era just yet. I'm in a wait-and-see position. I hope he's the one but who knows how this will all turn out. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, metafour said:

Bingo.

I'm seeing the same posters who couldn't find a single fault when the last coach blew the game against teams like: the worst South Carolina team in forever, Minnesota, UCF, etc, etc. now ALL OF A SUDDEN demanding perfection in Year 1 of a rebuild with an obviously incomplete roster. Oh we beat LSU in their stadium for the first time in 21 years? Not good enough! We didn't blow them out or dominate for 4 quarters LOL. The same posters were happier than a pig in s*** when the last coach barely won the game on absolute fluke miracles. We absolutely controlled LSU and outcoached them.

For those that apparently all of a sudden don't find a 24-19 come from behind win at LSU impressive...let me remind you of a few recent games:

2018 game (in Auburn) vs LSU:

We were winning 21-10 in the 3rd quarter. Ended up losing the game 22-21 after LSU scored 9 points to our ZERO in the 4th. We were the higher ranked team going into this game.

2017 game at LSU:

We were up 17-0 in the first quarter, and were up 23-14 at halftime. Ended up losing the game 27-23 after LSU completely blanked us in the 2nd half. We scored zero points in the 2nd half and managed just 6 points after dropping 17 on them in the 1st quarter. One of the most mismanaged and poorly coached collapses you'll ever witness. Oh yeah, and we were the higher ranked team going into this game.

But please, continue to tell me how absolutely reprehensible it was for us to lose by 8-points against a Top 5 team (Penn State) on the road. In the 1st year of a complete overhaul on both sides of the ball.

You might be seeing some hypocrisy too if you look close enough....

• Like 1

I was concerned about our run blocking, especially in the first half. 

Everyone says LSU was stacking the box, but it looked to me like they were stoning our runs with their front four.  We did better in the second half by attacking the edges and swing passes.