Auburn 24 LSU 19 | Post Game Thread

Maverick.AU

This team and staff have a lot of flaws and rightfully deserve some criticism. However, they just did something I’ve personally haven’t seen in a very, very long time. Hats off to you boys, enjoy yourselves tonight as this team will now always will be remembered for putting an end to that awful curse. Bo Nix, even though most of us gave up on you, thank you for not giving up on Auburn tonight. A win in Red Stick… wow!

There is a lot to like about this win. Bo played the game of his life when we were backed up in 3rd quarter he used his legs to get the 1st down. We used Shivers really well getting him the ball in space. In 1st half we used Shenker a lot, LSU must have made some adjustments as he wasn't seen much in second half and we also didn't give up on the run game so we eventually got the big run play. Defense only gave up two field goals in second half and both were on short fields one after the onside kick and one on the blocked field goal.  

I love the win but we still have issues O-line pass protection was not great only Bo's legs and elusiveness allowed some of our plays. WR's didn't get much separation but did a  better job of helping Bo when he got in trouble.  DB's were bad in 1st half and the D was giving to big of a cushion but this week we finally adjusted and I saw a huge improvement by the DB's in second half. The D-line got pressure with 3 and 4 man rushes and still stopped the run. There were multiple plays where LSU O-line could have been called for holding.  There were multiple passes touched by the D and one almost was a turnover but their QB did a great job of spiking it. 

Bottom line is Bo won this game for us.   

In the 1st quarter to many people were calling for Harsin's head basically because of how bad the D was on the first drive and a couple of dumb plays by individual players.  What they didn't notice is even though we didn't score in 1st quarter we had some decent drives and picked up some yardage. The people bad mouthing the coaching staff did not seem to notice what the O was doing, utilizing TE's and RB's in passing game, moving Bo in the pocket to help the O-line, spreading the ball around to different receivers, The OC called a good game as he recognized that LSU was determined to stop the run game.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 4

War Damn Eagle!  Great job by Derek Mason and the Defense to totally turn the game around and by Bo Nix and the offense to execute two touchdown drives in the 2nd half to get the W.  Well done.  Special kudos to Shaun Shivers and Jarquez Hunter for making big plays on the final drive.  Eku Leota should get DL of the game for his two big sacks tonight.

• Like 3

Just now, DAG said:

So happy for Shivers as well. I have criticized the coaches but three big things they are doing: Make adjustments , use the freaking TE and utilize all of their players. So in that regards, they are light years ahead. I am still sick of the undisciplined stuff and late adjustments but Rome wasn't built in a day. 

Shenker had over 100 yards receiving and Fromm caught a touchdown. Shenker’s the first TE to have over 100 yards receiving in a game since like the mid 90’s

• Like 1
  • Love 1

That Auburn D, with 2 picks in back-to-back games to seal the victories!

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I haven't changed my mind about the terrible coaching. 

They have their moments for sure but at least we're better off than we were. I do not think we win if Gus was the coach. At least this staff is looking for ways to win instead playing not to lose. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

That was the battle of 2 bad teams and Auburn won.  First game since 2019 Iron Bowl that Bo carried the team.  Those throws were stupid Ausome but also stupid.  You can scramble like that against everyone.  AUsome moment.  Big win for Harsin.  Probably a nail in the coffin of O.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Guys, guess what we get for this gutsy amazing win?!!! 

Georgia…

image.gif.620e501749d3026e5c354d2ccc93e01d.gif

If we have a first half like we did tonight there will be no coming back from it. Our chance of a win is extremely slim as it is. I almost dread that game.

Guest MustardSeed
4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I haven't changed my mind about the terrible coaching. 

Sure. But it’s less than halfway thru the first season of a new staff, many of whom have never worked together before. We saw growth this week. We can appreciate that and celebrate it. We don’t have to be perfect right now. Just take steps forward regularly. Today was one of those days. 

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

Shenker had over 100 yards receiving and Fromm caught a touchdown. Shenker’s the first TE to have over 100 yards receiving in a game since like the mid 90’s

That is crazy

• Like 1

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

If we have a first half like we did tonight there will be no coming back from it. Our chance of a win is extremely slim as it is. I almost dread that game.

Oh, I have no misconceptions of how bad next week could get.

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

@DAG @cbo @McLoofus  @W.E.D

I want everybody to see this so if I bring it up later it won't be any problems. When I talk about this stuff happening nobody ever knows what I'm talking about and all of that. 

This is what I deal with. Clowns like this. I have no idea what he's talking about but I do know if it goes the other way and I was to say something it's a problem. 

You complain so much about so many on the board, you complain everyone is so unfair to you,  you are so unhappy etc. if you hate it so bad, why do you continue to post?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 4

2 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

That Auburn D, with 2 picks in back-to-back games to seal the victories!

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

And the O: Game winning drives of over 90 yards, 2 weeks in a row!

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, dilligas said:

War Damn Eagle!  Great job by Derek Mason and the Defense to totally turn the game around and by Bo Nix and the offense to execute two touchdown drives in the 2nd half to get the W.  Well done.  Special kudos to Shaun Shivers and Jarquez Hunter for making big plays on the final drive.  Eku Leota should get DL of the game for his two big sacks tonight.

I was cussing his azz in the 1st half, tho…

19 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Last time we won in Death Valley:

Brady was at Michigan

Rock and Stone Cold was feuding

Mike Price was the coach at Alabama

…..

Hope coach O don’t get fired 

DuBose but yeah.

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Both you and @PowerOfDixieland are acting like drama queens and would be better suited to be posting on a girlie site…geez.

On this thread the only person acting like a douche is PowerOfDixieland.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

They have their moments for sure but at least we're better off than we were. I do not think we win if Gus was the coach. At least this staff is looking for ways to win instead playing not to lose. 

Gus had like 4 or 5 tries. We already know the answer 😉

We are pretty evenly matched with this LSU team. The environment at Tiger Stadium gave them the edge, no doubt. To gut out a win like that, is something to build on, and not an easy accomplishment. Hats off to Bo. He was a baller tonight.

• Like 1

I'm happy. LSU lined up and said you aren't beating us with the run. Bo stepped up and beat them. Lots of short passes to the backs and tight ends.  That was fun. And kudos to the Defense in the 2nd half. It was nice. Thinking of lighting up a cigar, and I don't smoke.

• Like 1