Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

14 minutes ago, au302 said:

Just personal opinion, but I don't think Brahms or Trox are enticing to a QB like him. With all due respect to them, especially Brahms, they are average at best SEC linemen. Now, if we get Brooks/Nourzard, whom I believe could be above average in this league, then I completely agree. I also agree about Davis. Hope he's working the phones non-stop

What about USC’s line is enticing?  They were pretty bad this year.  

I get its USC and name recognition and all that, but they have been a dumpster fire for years, no where close to Carroll’s USC.  Riley has a rebuilding project on his hands and that is something he has yet to prove he can do in his career….he was handed the keys to a Ferrari at OU and all he needed to do was keep it gassed and not crash it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Both Auburn and USCw are in the process of rebuilding, albeit Auburn with a slight head start. Caleb Williams is essentially making a very similar decision if we're speaking strictly from a program standpoint.

Call it a hunch, but we're very much in this even if we don't come out on top. 

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

Both Auburn and USCw are in the process of rebuilding, albeit Auburn with a slight head start. Caleb Williams is essentially making a very similar decision if we're speaking strictly from a program standpoint.

Call it a hunch, but we're very much in this even if we don't come out on top. 

Major difference is the PAC12 itself is a dumpster fire and will continue to be so.

7 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

386F6A8E-7F83-433B-B4A9-6378A45162F5.jpegSome interesting news from fly war eagle 

I think that is coming from this post.   I'm not sure where the OP of "weren't impressed" came from though.

unknown.png

3 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Has anyone mentioned that CW & his fam are looking for the best NIL deal he can get & this has turned into a bidding war?  

Yep. Well, I haven't seen it said that it's a straight up highest bidder deal, but the NIL discussion has been a constant since he hit the portal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Has anyone mentioned that CW & his fam are looking for the best NIL deal he can get & this has turned into a bidding war?  

If it is entirely legal and proper to get paid to do something, I would hope my family would be weighing which deal made the most sense as well.   Maybe not a bidding war but certainly a prominent consideration.  

2 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Maybe not a bidding war but certainly a prominent consideration.  

This is how I've seen it stated, more or less.

A floor has been set for what he'll sign for. (Who knows, but I've heard $1 million.) Beyond that, it's more about fit, it seems. The kid is almost certainly going to be in the NFL very soon and his primary goal is to get the best rookie contract he can, because no college offer is going to make up for falling in the draft. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This is how I've seen it stated, more or less.

A floor has been set for what he'll sign for. (Who knows, but I've heard $1 million.) Beyond that, it's more about fit, it seems. The kid is almost certainly going to be in the NFL very soon and his primary goal is to get the best rookie contract he can, because no college offer is going to make up for falling in the draft. 

What’s your gut feeling on where he lands? 

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

What’s your gut feeling on where he lands? 

I'm afraid I don't have one. I have zero inside anything. 

There are folks here who might have a better idea than I do. They haven't spoken really today so hopefully that means that, at a minimum, things haven't changed since "we're still in this". If he did make the visit then I have to think we very much are. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm afraid I don't have one. I have zero inside anything. 

There are folks here who might have a better idea than I do. They haven't spoken really today so hopefully that means that, at a minimum, things haven't changed since "we're still in this". If he did make the visit then I have to think we very much are. 

Has anyone else besides this Lawyer cat confirmed CW is on Campus today?

2 hours ago, TJRanger175 said:

I am cautiously optimistic about the Oline due to one more offseason with Pittman.

Pittman is legit.

Guys should all be bigger, faster, stronger.

If it improves the run offense just slightly, it will be a huge improvement in offensive output.

Brahms just had knee surgery again.  Might be another offseason with little workout time for him.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

As @bigbird pointed out, the highest rated tackle in the last cycle was...

...Prince Sammons.

If folks are going to piss and moan, they need to provide names. And if they want to talk about blue chip guys, they've got literally 7 names to choose from, OT or IOL. Other than those 7 guys, it's nothing but 3*s and below. I'm curious which ones folks are so certain would immediately be better than our multi-year starters. 

That's not true.

I counted 20+ OT in the transfer portal ranked higher than Sammons.  Kentucky had one of the best OLs in the conference and got a summer transfer Left Tackle from LSU who will be a 2nd day draft pick.  The idea that there weren't quality OL is silly.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/TransferPortalPositionRanking/?positionkey=16

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

That's not true.

I counted 20+ OT in the transfer portal ranked higher than Sammons.  Kentucky had one of the best OLs in the conference and got a summer transfer Left Tackle from LSU who will be a 2nd day draft pick.  The idea that there weren't quality OL is silly.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/TransferPortalPositionRanking/?positionkey=16

I can't help but feel sad that #1 we have to rely on the portal so much and #2 it appears can't even pull the *'s in the portal at a desperately needed position group.  WTH is wrong with playing oline for the O&B?  

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but AU classes start tomorrow so I think if CW, or any other player, wants to be here for Spring training they have to commit today.

4 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but AU classes start tomorrow so I think if CW, or any other player, wants to be here for Spring training they have to commit today.

I would guess there is more leeway than this. Probably a later drop/add date.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

The last day to add/drop classes is Jan. 19th, so that’s the last day they can enroll for Spring Semester.  Miss that and they would not be able to participate in Spring ball, but could still enroll for the Summer.

8 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

true, but it was reported that he was stopping by Georgia to hear their NIL offer I think, which is not till end of this week.

Unless other schools have later enrollment dates, he either is deciding tonight or by a later date if there is a later drop/add date, or now plans to just show up in the fall where he wants to transfer to.

Edited by steeleagle