Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not even close. 

I guarantee you there are at least 75 FBS head coaches who would jump at the chance to trade places with Bryan Harsin. 

Well you and I completely disagree. The expectations that come with this job are high as they should be, but the fact that both of our biggest rivals are dominating college, recruiting, etc makes it ridiculously hard. 
Name another college football team that has had to watch both of their biggest rivals play and the national championship game against each other? How about twice in the last five years? Name another college football team that has watched their 2 biggest rivals bring in top five classes every year for the last five years?

None of the other SEC teams consider Georgia and Alabama their biggest Rivals (even ten). None of the other SEC teams play the schedule that we play against them. There is not another team in the country that has had to watch their 2 biggest rivals dominate like this. 
I am not saying that Auburn is a bad job. Of course other people would want this job. But I am saying it is the toughest college job in America at the moment. 
The expectations at Auburn are that we will beat Georgia and or Alabama. Also that we will recruit Georgia and pull in the top prospects. 

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not even close. 

I guarantee you there are at least 75 FBS head coaches who would jump at the chance to trade places with Bryan Harsin. 

I think both can be true. Auburn can be the toughest job and still have that many coaches who would kill to have it. 

It's a tough job, but if you succeed, it means you've won big. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

None of the other SEC teams consider Georgia and Alabama their biggest Rivals (even ten).

May want to ask a few Vol fans what they think of those two schools being rivals

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well you and I completely disagree. The expectations that come with this job are high as they should be, but the fact that both of our biggest rivals are dominating college, recruiting, etc makes it ridiculously hard. 

Every other team in the West has to play bama and will have to play uga if they make it to Atlanta. Having one game on the regular season schedule that is tougher doesn't even begin to offset the inferior resources that Arkansas and the Mississippis have. And expectations don't make it harder for Harsin to sell Auburn to recruits than it is for Sam Pittman to sell Arkansas. 

Name another college football team that has had to watch both of their biggest rivals play and the national championship game against each other? How about twice in the last five years? Name another college football team that has watched their 2 biggest rivals bring in top five classes every year for the last five years?

And a massive reason that both have been able to do that is because they're located in the exact same region we are.

That still doesn't make it harder for Auburn to win than it is for the vast majority of FBS schools. In fact, quite the opposite is true.

The expectations at Auburn are that we will beat Georgia and or Alabama.

Except they're not, really. Literally all anyone talks about is how amazing those programs are and how we're lucky to have taken 3 skins off saban in the last 10 years. Beating them is a badge of honor currently, not an expectation. 

Also that we will recruit Georgia and pull in the top prospects. 

Straight up beating uga for GA kids is tough, no doubt. But the thing is, there are more blue chip kids in GA than they can take. Add in AL, FL, MS and now LA- because we are suddenly killing it there- and we have an embarrassment of riches at our fingertips. That's what the "toughest job" talk ignores. We are in, by far, the most fertile recruiting soil in the country. 

Don't let the fact that we have historically hired no-name bums fool you. You need to pay more attention to the fact that every coach going back 40 years had a national title, a national title-caliber season, and/or an undefeated season. Dye was straight up robbed, Bowden was on probation, Tubs was screwed out of a chance by sheer bad luck, Chizik won the thing, and Malzahn was one play away. And I just listed a bunch of *nobodies*. Dye was nobody before he came here. Bowden, Chizik and Malzahn are nobodies, period.  Tubs was a nobody as soon as he left. The Boise guy is, by far, the most pedigreed of the bunch. 

We've already seen more groundwork laid in the last year than we did in the 10 years prior combined. All we needed was a normal, modern coach to come in and do things the right way. It's happening. Enjoy it!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

May want to ask a few Vols fans what they think of those two schools being rivals

My brother-in-law is the TN fan ever. Most Tennessee fans I know consider Alabama and Florida their biggest Rivals… 

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

My brother-in-law is the TN fan ever. Most Tennessee fans I know consider Alabama and Florida their biggest Rivals… 

Don't doubt it but many consider uga and turds.... just pointing it out Vols play turds and uga yearly just like us

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Don't doubt it but many consider uga and turds.... just pointing it out Vols play turds and uga yearly just like us

Thank you. Tennessee is easily a more difficult job than Auburn. A lot harder to get FL and south GA kids to Knoxville than it is to *an hour east of Atlanta. 

And they've got all the tradition and expectations that we do. 

*an hour west of Atlanta

Thanks @MCPeePants for pointing out my mistake. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thank you. Tennessee is easily a more difficult job than Auburn. A lot harder to get FL and south GA kids to Knoxville than it is to an hour east of Atlanta. 

I agree. And year in and year out there isn’t a lot of top level instate talent for Tenn to recruit from either.

Edited by PigskinPat

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thank you. Tennessee is easily a more difficult job than Auburn. A lot harder to get FL and south GA kids to Knoxville than it is to an hour east of Atlanta. 

You have some great points but Tenn. has some fertile ground in Tenn.  NC, and some areas in the Midwest that we don't recruit. In addition to playing bama and UGA like Tenn. we also play LSU every year and the next big boy A&M who because of the NIL is tearing it up in recruiting. 

This is a tough job and because of level of competition we play in SEC West plus UGA I think we have it worse the Tenn. That said I have been impressed by how Harsin has put together a professional staff behind the coaches to aid in recruiting. Prior to NIL this professional staff was going to put us on par with the bama's and UGA's of the world. NIL takes recruiting in a different direction. The question is will Auburn be able to compete with the big boys year in a year out with some teams being able to outbid us. 

4 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Tenn. has some fertile ground in Tenn.  NC, and some areas in the Midwest that we don't recruit.

Not even close to the talent levels in the deep south. 

https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/florida-leads-the-way-in-producing-the-most-nfl-players-on-kickoff-weekend-rosters/

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

True but we compete with so many others in the deep south in Florida we compete with Miami, FSU, UF, UCF plus the big boys bama, UGA, and Ohio State that recruits nationally. In Ga we compete with bam UGA, Georgia Tech, Clemson and some of the Florida schools.  Tenn recruiting ground is not as fertile as deep south but the usually get first choice on top talent in Tenn and they also compete in North Alabama and Georgia.  I do want to emphasize one thing depending how NIL shakes out in next few years a lot will depend on how Alumni step up and help on NIL deals. So far we have seen what A&M has done and Texas with O-Linemen this could change the whole dynamic.

37 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

next big boy A&M who because of the NIL is tearing it up in recruiting. 

I agree this Aggie class is elite, but TAMU has been recruiting very well prior to NIL. According to Rivals, their 2019, 2020, and 2021 classes were all ranked 6th. 

Edited by Gowebb11

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Someone get this man a map.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

None of the other SEC teams consider Georgia and Alabama their biggest Rivals (even ten). None of the other SEC teams play the schedule that we play against them. There is not another team in the country that has had to watch their 2 biggest rivals dominate like this. 
I am not saying that Auburn is a bad job. Of course other people would want this job. But I am saying it is the toughest college job in America at the moment. 
The expectations at Auburn are that we will beat Georgia and or Alabama. Also that we will recruit Georgia and pull in the top prospects. 

Tennessee says hi. 

9 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

JT Daniels next on radar?

Hoping we throw the NIL package we had for CW at Dart first, and if/when he says no, throw it at JT then Brock. If all else fails then take a Robby Ashford or Jack Sears lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

Hoping we throw the NIL package we had for CW at Dart first, and if/when he says no, throw it at JT then Brock. If all else fails then take a Robby Ashford or Jack Sears lol

Dart is young with no experience I believe. I think we need some playing experience.

JMHO.  I truly believe that I/we remember our victories over Alabama & Georgia more than they remember their vctories over us. Beating those 2 schools means more to me than beating anybody else. I just don't think they (especially UA) think in those terms and I like it when their worst nightmare is their loses to us. wde

36 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Dart is young with no experience I believe. I think we need some playing experience.

Hopefully we don't pass up on 5* transfers cause they haven't played yet.

2 minutes ago, WarEagle2 said:

Hopefully we don't pass up on 5* transfers cause they haven't played yet.

They would definitely be good recruits, but I assumed we were talking about starting. Not sure they are favorable for that.

So you’re statung the obvious. What are you really trying to say? To expect less? Fold the tent? That’s not the way of the Creed.