AU Women Beat Belmont

all4AU

1 hour ago, all4AU said:

The Tigers went to Nashville and won 71-62. For the record, Belmont came to Auburn last year and crushed us 78-57.

There is no comparison between last year's team and the current team. I just wish we had made the coaching change before Coach Flo ran most of our good players off.

• Like 5

four straight wins? wowie. Can't spell her name but Coubilialy is a great talent. Saw her in person a couple times, very skilled individual around the rim, mid range, even three. You get 2-3 more of her and you're doing something special 

• Like 2

Tiger Scratched

I liked this image from the Belmont site.  Annie had 10 rebounds and seemed to frequently be in the right place at the right time; she played the entire 40 minutes.  Coulibaly continues to impress as does Scott-Grayson.  Team just seems more organized and disciplined.   I think our defense made a big difference and we know this is a point of emphasis for this staff.  AU had 7 steals to 3 for Belmont.  During the last quarter, when Belmont was trying more 3's it seemed we were more aggressively in not allowing them to get their feet set.  We were able to keep our fouls at a minimum.  We shot 17-25 (68%) from the line while Belmont was 6-6.  That alone was an 11 point difference.  Now if we can just win some games when conference schedule begins. Will mention that Belmont beat Ol 'Miss on the road during the early season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's interesting is the ladies team have some really good players that Flo actually brought in. But as it was shown year after year, her x's and o's part of her game just didn't work. 

Now in a new system, these same players are exceling and helping this team be competitive with any team. Cudos to Coach Harris. 

And yes, they kept Flo 2 years too long.

• Like 1

So proud of having Coach Harris and the job she's doing with these young women. Competing hard, winning this early on in her tenure when she's really doing foundation work on what she's trying to build. Future looks extremely bright!

Edited by tigeraddikt
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

What's interesting is the ladies team have some really good players that Flo actually brought in. But as it was shown year after year, her x's and o's part of her game just didn't work. 

Now in a new system, these same players are exceling and helping this team be competitive with any team. Cudos to Coach Harris. 

May have worked to our advantage.  She had been with Vic Schaefer for many years and just promoted to Associate HC.  When Schaefer departed Mississippi State for Texas she "hung around" thinking she might become HC at Mississippi State.   Did not happen and Schaefer hired her again as Associate HC at Texas  I wonder if she would have left coach Schaefer while he was at Mississippi State for another SEC school?  As it turned out the coach hired by State resigned after 1 year. A lot of speculation on my part but the above events took place over the last 2 years.  Do you think CJH will be motivated when we play Mississippi State on Feb. 3 at Auburn? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Yep. I'll never understand why AD Greene gave her an extension instead of firing her. Mind blowing decision.

6 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Tiger Scratched

I liked this image from the Belmont site.  Annie had 10 rebounds and seemed to frequently be in the right place at the right time; she played the entire 40 minutes.  Coulibaly continues to impress as does Scott-Grayson.  Team just seems more organized and disciplined.   I think our defense made a big difference and we know this is a point of emphasis for this staff.  AU had 7 steals to 3 for Belmont.  During the last quarter, when Belmont was trying more 3's it seemed we were more aggressively in not allowing them to get their feet set.  We were able to keep our fouls at a minimum.  We shot 17-25 (68%) from the line while Belmont was 6-6.  That alone was an 11 point difference.  Now if we can just win some games when conference schedule begins. Will mention that Belmont beat Ol 'Miss on the road during the early season.

IMO - Annie's basketball IQ is high - Flo didn't know how to use her.  She anticipates extremely well.  Glad she stayed.....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, eaglenest said:

as mind blowing as Gus extension??

💩 = 💩

10 hours ago, eaglenest said:

as mind blowing as Gus extension??

At least Gus had some big wins and the 2017 SEC West championship to back him up. Flo had nothing.