Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

21 minutes ago, soblfly said:

At some point we need patience to rebuild the program. If not under CBH then who? CBH is being judged by his ability to win with the leftovers from Gus. I think we should, at least, give him the opportunity to succeed or fail with his players and his staff. 

Patience and ignoring red flags is different. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, e808 said:

The main talking point of liking the Calzada get was if AD and CBH liked him then believe in the process. Does that change how people feel now.

Nope. Not for me in the least.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DAG said:

There is no way to spin this if true. It all started back with the WRs coach who everyone tried to vilify..I've never seen a season with so much instability.

Let's not blame "everyone" for this. Let's blame CBH.

59 minutes ago, e808 said:

The main talking point of liking the Calzada get was if AD and CBH liked him then believe in the process. Does that change how people feel now.

True, and does that change how Calzada feels now?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

ESPN is saying it’s for personal reasons. I’ll wait and see before joining the mob. 

“Allergic to potatoes”

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, soblfly said:

At some point we need patience to rebuild the program. If not under CBH then who? CBH is being judged by his ability to win with the leftovers from Gus. I think we should, at least, give him the opportunity to succeed or fail with his players and his staff. 

I mean ideally someone who is actually rebuilding the program? What would be the point in riding out 4 years with someone who is not taking us in a positive direction? That would be very damaging to us with the current SEC landscape. 

We had a great defense, and needed a new offensive philosophy/identity. Right now, the offense might be worse than it was under Gus. (Actually did break a record for futility at A&M this year) 

• Like 2

In my opinion if we have a losing season again next year we need to move on from BH. There is no reason to let him dig us into a deeper hole. It has been one disappointment after another since halftime of the Ms. State game.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 3

24 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Sigh, this has gotten to stupid levels. Wow. 

Are we becoming UTK south?

Edited by grandpajay
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

After reading statement from Davis, not sure u can lay it all at Harsin feet. Seems Davis has personal issues away from field. Not sure Harsin could have know that unless he made Davis go thru a psych evaluation B4 hiring him. Better to know now than Davis going off the rails during the season

• Like 2

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

After reading statement from Davis, not sure u can lay it all at Harsin feet. Seems Davis has personal issues away from field. Not sure Harsin could have know that unless he made Davis go thru a psych evaluation B4 hiring him. Better to know now than Davis going off the rails during the season

Do you have link for statement from Davis?

23 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

CBH vilified Cornelious? The fans total made major assumptions on how it went there to the point of saying coach corn was insubordinate.

• Like 2

So AD is apparently getting out of coaching. Still frustrating regardless because this just compounds everything else. Bad optics if nothing else for an already frustrated fan base. 

12 minutes ago, Dshep4au said:

In my opinion if we have a losing season again next year we need to move on from BH. There is no reason to let him dig us into a deeper hole. It has been one disappointment after another since halftime of the Ms. State game.

With the garbage state of our offensive line going into 2023 season who is gonna want the job? Auburn is going to he infor a long long rebuild.  Rip the Harsin bandaid off and begin the process. 

This is all of your faults . If we would have only hired turner gill . None of this would be happening. Can’t believe this board. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Taco said:

Patience and ignoring red flags is different. 

True but it still comes down to wins and losses. Have to wait until the fall

6 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

So AD is apparently getting out of coaching. Still frustrating regardless because this just compounds everything else. Bad optics if nothing else for an already frustrated fan base. 

I'm sure he's taking time off just like Mason was taking time off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

The most auburn thing to happen is all this turnover and somehow, someway we have a successful season next year. This is such a weird scenario though. It is bizarre too because Pete Carrol and RW praised this guy. It would look weak as hell, if he ran now.

I am honestly still pumped for next season. This has been an awful offseason but I could very well see this happening if our defense is just as good as last year or a little worse and the offense is just three smidgens better then last year.

• Like 2