Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

18 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Some of y’all are a little too happy this is happening. 🤔

Nobody is happy about it.  It would be so much fun if Auburn was in a good place right now...like men's BB. Nobody is enjoying the unraveling of Auburn football. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

Correct . Promote Eric to OC and move on. CBH against some of the fans, donors and the rest of the world tbh. Got a lot to prove.

Can Eric develop Trovon as a WR coach? Someone needs to recruit like the dickens.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

They've had a lot of staff turnover with no statements and players transferring.... Just saying

I seen differing numbers on Bama transfers. How many?

18 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Then don't expect a cure because more than likely there won't be much winning. It will take a miracle to win 5-6 games at this point. 

Just like all it would've took last season to win 9 games was a not hurt Bo Nix?  With everyone we have coming back from last year's team, with slightly better QB and Oline play paired with the defense from last season (or slightly worse defense since we lose two studs) we could feasibly win 8-9 games next season.  So, no, not a miracle but it was a good try on your part.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, wcware said:

Dude if he somehow pulls this thing off it will be the ultimate middle finger to everyone 😂 I’m not sure how he does it but if he does…….

I mean as putrid as Auburn was on the oline and wr positions, Harsin’s team showed up every Saturday and competed in every game. One good Bo Nix ankle away from having a winning season. If he can keep the team, he will definitely have a chance to shut all of us up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Can Eric develop Trovon as a WR coach? Someone needs to recruit like the dickens.

Might as well try. We need to really start thinking outside the box and just get a staff solidified. Gracious. I think once that occur and we get football again, things will go back to positive fever. Right now, it is just a whole lot of nothing mixed with uncertainty leading to unrest, tbh. I am still going to remain cautiously optimistic. It is in my nature. I was like that for Gus. I will do the same for CBH. I just hope this doesn't take weeks on end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

I mean as putrid as Auburn was on the oline and wr positions, Harsin’s team showed up every Saturday and competed in every game. One good Bo Nix ankle away from having a winning season. If he can keep the team, he will definitely have a chance to shut all of us up.

with a healthy Bo, we beat Bama, USCe and Houston. Bo's feet gives us at least one TD in the redzone in all of those games.

• Like 4

On 1/31/2022 at 9:28 AM, McLoofus said:

I love that the gymnast appeared to get a chuckle from it.

Just great to see these students having so much fun, man. Seems like they've been through a lot and deserve to just be happy being college students. Gotta admit, even though I was a freshman in '93 I'm a little jealous of the vibe on campus right now. 

Not me.  Was a FR in '80 and what we got away with then as compared to now isnt. even. close.

So glad I grew up in the 70s-80s. 

Edited by EagleEye67
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

There's little expectation that the OL is going to get anything fixed. 

Elite supporting staff? Not enough time to tell. 

How's his batting average with an elite staff so far? We will know after next year. The work done on fixing the problem on the offensive line has left it looking like a catastrophe is in the offing for 2023

43 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Another point that I believe is being missed. A "personal issue" and a "family situation" have both been mentioned. And "being overwhelmed with the job/recruiting" has been mentioned.

Is it not possible the two are related? That Davis has a "family situation" right now, at this moment, and because of that the prospect of doing the job right, right now, at this moment is "overwhelming"?

What if the "family situation" is a medium-term or longer situation, and not something that can be addressed in a week or two?

That to me, makes a lot more sense of the "overwhelmed" comment, which may have been taken out of context.

That makes as much sense as anything else.  The family situation could easily be one of his parents has a terminal illness, and he wants to spend as much time with them as possible.  A personal issue could be that he has a girlfriend or fiance from Washington that did not like it in Auburn, and wanted to go home.  It could be so many things, and we have no way of knowing, unless Harsin or Davis decide to clarify it for us.  I will not be holding my breath for that one.

I do believe that he did not resign without knowing that he was not sabotaging his career.  People are talking about it not being a good look for Auburn, and they are right.  It is also not a good look for him either, and he would know that, so I doubt it was a decision made on a whim.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Not me.  Was a FR in '80 and what we got away with then as compared to now isnt. even. close.

Very good point. Social media alone... yikes. 

But with regards to sports... these kids are having some fun. 

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

with a healthy Bo, we beat Bama, USCe and Houston. Bo's feet gives us at least one TD in the redzone in all of those games.

I think Calzada (if he sticks around) will surprise some people next year. 

10 minutes ago, Didba said:

LMAO, WELL YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENED WAS...

I'm a DUMB*ss with a malfunctioning brain

I’m confused. Am I supposed to agree or disagree with you on this. Just trying to be supportive.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Taco said:

I think Calzada (if he sticks around) will surprise some people next year. 

Straight facts, Calzada is a good fit for Harsin's system. Still would have liked to get one more guy like Calzada but beggars can't be choosers and we are definitely beggars when it comes to QB rn,

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Hhmmm...stepping away from coaching after moving the family 3000 miles.  My two cents is the wife went ape-s*** leaving Seattle and said you're not leaving me in this red-neck hell hole while you spend all your time traveling the Southeast.  

"The last week has been difficult for me as I've made the decision to step away from coaching football," Davis said in a statement. "Auburn University and Coach Harsin have been tremendous through this whole process. I am grateful for the opportunity that was presented to me from a coaching standpoint and equally as important, the way Coach Harsin has handled my current situation. My decision to resign is 100 percent based on personal reasons. After more than a decade in the NFL with the daily grind as a player and coach I've realized how much I miss my family and my desire to spend more time with them. While I need to step away from coaching, I can't say enough about the first-class way I was welcomed into the Auburn family and the way this football program is run with a championship mindset and a focus on developing these young men into winners on and off the field."

He's not married.

Good effort tho

Edited by W.E.D
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m confused. Am I supposed to agree or disagree with you on this. Just trying to be supportive.

shhh bb, its okay... you are here and that's all that matters...

8 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I agree, I kind of see him as the underdog now and for some reason I can’t help but pull for the underdog. We were definitely a healthy Bo away from 9 wins

8 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

My dad was at Auburn from 79 to 85.  He said it was wild, just another world compared to today.  The frat parties alone...

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Nobody is happy about it.  It would be so much fun if Auburn was in a good place right now...like men's BB. Nobody is enjoying the unraveling of Auburn football. 

People might not be happy about the fact that Auburn is a sinking ship but people are definitely happy they were right that Auburn was a sinking ship. There’s been a weird dynamic on this board since Harsin was hired. The same people claiming that they have been chastised for harping on Harsin in the last few months are the same people that chastised others for simply being excited and having faith in a new head coach in the beginning of all this. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

People might not be happy about the fact that Auburn is a sinking ship but people are definitely happy they were right that Auburn was a sinking ship. There’s been a weird dynamic on this board since Harsin was hired. The same people claiming that they have been chastised for harping on Harsin in the last few months are the same people that chastised others for simply being excited and having faith in a new head coach in the beginning of all this. 

She and a couple of others were down on the hire even when it happened . Low key they have been floating, hoping he fails it seems, which is bizarre seeing as it would hurt Auburn in the long run.

• Like 2

If Davis does step away from football, then this situation falls back on him, & we'll look less like a program in turmoil (though I agree with the poster who said that Harsin should only have hired a young & unproven coach for OC at Auburn if he was chomping at the bit to have the job, which today's statement does not indicate). On the other hand, if he takes another football job in a couple of weeks, then we look more like a program in turmoil since we've had 2 coordinators in a month "step away from football" only to take other football jobs quickly. Regardless of the truths of the situations, that looks like coaches getting the heck out of dodge, & we look like a program that coaches are running from. Sigh.

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I truly believe there are a solid contingent of people on here that were very, very angry when Gus was fired bc he was a white good ole southern christian boy (WASP), who walked the walk and talked the talk, while toeing the line.  They loved Gus to death and couldn't see the fault in his schemes, roster mismanagement, etc.

The poster you replied to said as much in one of her posts last month about "why the auburn family doesn't like Harsin".   This contingent hated Harsin since day 1 so they are loving the fact that they could be right.

• Like 2

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

The narrative on this hire changes almost daily, CBH hasn't turned it into a positive narrative in 3 months!  It's been spiraling downward since November.

When you lose 5 straight at a place like Auburn how can anyone expect fans to be excited and positive?  When you fail to address the most deficient position group on the roster and proceed to lose seasoned skill players (QB/WR), now the coordinator carousel and rumors of you drawing the ire of the PTB $$ folks, the faith in the HC just lessens.