Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

1 hour ago, wcware said:

It’s beautiful. Fairways are friendly for the most part and the greens are really challenging. Have to be on the right level of the green to have any chance of holing a putt. Can’t really be above the hole with any pin location.

did the tornados in 11 wipe out most of the trees?

10 minutes ago, Taco said:

I know we like to boast on Phillip Marshall (I know I love to), but he finally made a good post in a long time. 

PM basically said that Harsin and the coaching staff has stonewalled all the reporters who cover the FB program since the Birmingham Bowl so they actually don’t have much info on anything going on. — Which I thought was a nice step in telling people “we don’t know **** either.” 

FWIW, I think Harsin isn’t built to be a head ball coach in a part of the country where football is everything. He doesn’t “owe” it to anybody to keep insiders or give inside info, but there’s a part of building relationships as a football coach in Auburn, Alabama and he doesn’t seem to have done well in this aspect. Part of the job is “playing the game”; he doesn’t seem to want to “play the game” but just go about his business, which doesn’t seem to be going the right direction. 

I personally hate this comparison as well, but CBP did a fantastic job of building relationships and laying down the groundwork of getting the town, the university, and the reporters getting behind him (I.e Hokanson for the basketball program)

I don't disagree with your conclusion, but this sounds like PM crying b/c there are a lot of other reporters with information and getting it out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Have u heard anything concrete on what happened with Davis or us it still just rumors?

Seems the most consistent is the recruiting aspect.

12 hours ago, Didba said:

I guess you are right but I meant eat crow on being such an ardent supporter of Harsin.  I guess I don't really have too but this is just very very weird.  This is a very puzzling turn of events to me. 

Yeah, I've been basically "offline" since Saturday afternoon. I'll go ahead and start marinating my serving of crow.

I really liked where CBH wanted to take the program and the vision he was selling but...yeah, this is less than ideal.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

There's just too much good going on in the world of sports elsewhere, Auburn and beyond. The contrast is actually startling. 

It's true. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hate to say it but I'm right back to Gus levels of apathy. There's just too much good going on in the world of sports elsewhere, Auburn and beyond. The contrast is actually startling. 

My confidence has been downgraded to hope. 

I am not there yet. With Gus we knew he wasn’t gonna improve as a manager or offensive scheme.    I will give Harsin the chance to right these wrongs, but the leash is shortening.  He can be his best PR guy right now and that means showing up at bball games, gymnastics meets, the ball parks.  Kill it at qb club meetings.  Kiss the right asses and give a couple of interviews.  

• Like 2

The main talking point of liking the Calzada get was if AD and CBH liked him then believe in the process. Does that change how people feel now.

8 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Pick a school's OC and lets get 'em2022-01-31 (2).png

Keep scrolling down until you find Boise State.  Then you will find our likely OC.  :bananadance:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

It's funny on the recruiting board ppl are lamenting why Auburn is never a dream school for kids.

I mean, just look at us?  Look at how bad we fumble, implode, destroy ourselves.  In the last 20 years we have just as many "top" years as any school no named Bama.  04, 05-07 "good run", 2010 then 2013.  2017 was good too.

But the problem we have is the other 15 years are horrendous embarrassment that wipes away any good done.

Wonder what the common denominator is?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I am not there yet. With Gus we knew he wasn’t gonna improve as a manager or offensive scheme.    I will give Harsin the chance to right these wrongs, but the leash is shortening.  He can be his best PR guy right now and that means showing up at bball games, gymnastics meets, the ball parks.  Kill it at qb club meetings.  Kiss the right asses and give a couple of interviews.  

Yeah, I should say that I won't be at that level when the season starts. That will be the difference. I do believe in Harsin's ability to maximize the available talent, which obviously Gus couldn't do. 

It's just hard to imagine this offseason offering less to be excited about. 

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

The main talking point of liking the Calzada get was if AD and CBH liked him then believe in the process. Does that change how people feel now.

Not me. I don't think any of this means that AD has a less qualified opinion of quarterbacks. And I still believe in Harsin's. 

I'm not wowed by Calzada but I believe he can be a serviceable QB and better than we've had since Stidham. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, cbo said:

It's true. 

I love that the gymnast appeared to get a chuckle from it.

Just great to see these students having so much fun, man. Seems like they've been through a lot and deserve to just be happy being college students. Gotta admit, even though I was a freshman in '93 I'm a little jealous of the vibe on campus right now. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Just great to see these students having so much fun, man. Seems like they've been through a lot and deserve to just be happy being college students. Gotta admit, even though I was a freshman in '93 I'm a little jealous of the vibe on campus right now. 

Seems like a great time to be an AU student right now.  The #1 bball team in the land, a gymnastics program with an Olympic gold medal champion, etc.  The only bad thing is the football program appears to be in the shitter.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, woodford said:

Overwhelmed haha

You gotta love these people with fantasy jobs complaining about how bad it is. 

“Oh no I hate flying on a private plane talking about a kid’s sport. It’s so bad.”

There is that too, lol. Obviously we don't know for sure but the thing that adds a kernel of truth to it is that we have seen this before with NFL hires. In general, they seem to work their way back to the NFL as soon as they can anyway. Many look at it as a stop gap with more than one saying they don't like the recruiting aspect. 

At some point we need patience to rebuild the program. If not under CBH then who? CBH is being judged by his ability to win with the leftovers from Gus. I think we should, at least, give him the opportunity to succeed or fail with his players and his staff. 

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

So what’s next?

Are we going to wait until NSD to make a move?

Is our next OC already on staff?

Will it take several weeks to hire someone?

Hire one of your own guys and get on with it.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Exactly. Auburn Arena seems like magic right now. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, soblfly said:

At some point we need patience to rebuild the program. If not under CBH then who? CBH is being judged by his ability to win with the leftovers from Gus. I think we should, at least, give him the opportunity to succeed or fail with his players and his staff. 

Patience is one thing but u can’t ignore if things are unraveling right in front of u. Most times issues are early indicators on how something might turn out in the end. For example a regular 9/5 has probation to try and get a feel is the new hire is gonna work or do they need to move on. I know there are other circumstances involved in coaching hires but just my half a cent example.

• Like 1