Called It

kennypowers

What are some wild predictions you feel will come true in this year's NCAA tournament?

I'll start

UConn and Arkansas both lose in the first round.  

Not a big limb I'm going out on but UAB beats Houston. 

• Like 3

Murray State beats Kentucky in their first ever meeting. 

2 of the 10 seeds make the sweet 16 ....Davidson and Loyola (that means Duke, Kentucky, and Nova do not make it)

Gonzaga is the only 1 seed in Final 4.

• Like 1

My underdogs are North Dakota State, Wyoming. Vermont, and Montana State.

Just sayin'.

Edited by AURex
  • Like 1

A few years ago the Jacksonville ST. women's team beat AU's Lady Tigers. We've lost to their baseball team. Not a prediction but it could happen.

• Like 1

Auburn beats Kansas AGAIN.

The following Monday 3/28, Jesse Newell ranks Auburn 9th.

BTW...here's his latest on his bitter rival...

https://gazette.com/ap/sports/jesse-newell-did-kansas-jayhawks-get-lucky-or-unlucky-with-ncaa-tournament-draw-s/article_cc356585-12b9-5c9d-b29e-ec1d7a246dfc.html

KU’s potential Elite Eight opponent (if Vegas favorite holds): 2 seed Auburn

Lucky or unlucky draw? Lucky.

KU’s 2 seed Auburn joins Villanova (South) as the weakest of the No. 2 seeds, and the NCAA selection committee gave KU an added favor by putting overseeded Wisconsin on the 3 line in the Midwest.

Elite Eight games aren’t easy. But I’m confident KU — no matter which team it would face in that spot — would be at least a two-point favorite to make the Final Four if it got there.

Overall

If an “A” grade was the most favorable draw and “F” was the least, I’d grade KU’s path at an “A.”

The Jayhawks also couldn’t ask for a better 2/3 seed pairing with Auburn and Wisconsin, as neither squad will come as better than the Jayhawks statistically.

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, arein0 said:

Akron beats UCLA

Would be a big one

I will say ...

Bama loses if it's Rutgers but wins if Notre Dame. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

Davidson ends Coach K’s career. I’m tempted to pick Memphis over Gonzaga. We’ll see. 

And of course, Auburn wins the natty. 

Not sure about Davidson.  With you on the other two.

An 8 or 9 seed will beat a 1 seed somewhere.  They are just too good this year.  Question is which one will prevail.  I chose Creighton over Kansas.  That was basically just picking the weakest 1 seed. 

9 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

An 8 or 9 seed will beat a 1 seed somewhere.  They are just too good this year.  Question is which one will prevail.  I chose Creighton over Kansas.  That was basically just picking the weakest 1 seed. 

Baylor is the weakest 1

26 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

Baylor is the weakest 1

I have been considering having Marquette take them down

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Lol. Why do you guys hate gonzaga so?

Who is your sleeper? 

Colgate over Wisconsin and LSU, only to lose to AU in the Sweet 16. Also, no #1 seeds in the Final 4 (T. Tech, Kentucky, Villanova, AU). 

Edited by AUStew87

12 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Who is your sleeper? 

I didn't really keep up with other teams outside of the SEC. Just guys that had NBA talent. 

I may would say UCLA and Purdue just because good guards can do some amazing stuff in the tourney. If Ohio had made it I'd definitely say them. I wanted to see Mark Sears in the tourney on a big stage so bad

• Like 1

Calling It.  We will not have a game shooting it like this.  My goodness how lethal we were. That was fun. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I didn't really keep up with other teams outside of the SEC. Just guys that had NBA talent. 

I may would say UCLA and Purdue just because good guards can do some amazing stuff in the tourney. If Ohio had made it I'd definitely say them. I wanted to see Mark Sears in the tourney on a big stage so bad

I'm high on UCLA. I have them in the 4.

OK, current Final 4 for me (plenty of time to change before it starts Thursday lol) and I will have multiple brackets. 

Gonzaga vs UCLA

Illinois (if they can avoid the early upset)  vs Auburn

Auburn beats Gonzaga in final by 9 in the matchup we wanted to see most of the year. 

Biased? Sure but we have a good enough team to do it, so rolling with it.