Softball vs Arkansas 2022

Peralta strikes out on 3 pitches. Rough day at the plate for her 0-4 with 2 ks and a double play.

Lisenby with a full count but a liner right at 1B. Hit it hard but just unlucky.

Blaine strikes out. :(

3-3 B6th

Full-count walk for Penta. Arkansas has done a great job today of just fouling off so many pitches.

Bunt single runners on 1st and 2nd.

Sac bunt and runners advance.

Fly out to Garcia and run scores. :(

4-3 Arkansas

• Sad 1

Cox with a 1-2 count.

Swinging strikeout. More runners left in scoring position with less than 2 outs. SMH

Auburn loses 4-3

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Thanks 1

We've got to find that fighting spirit when down a run in final at bat.  1 out at 2nd, maybe try to bunt her over.  She got a stolen base on pass ball anyways but then 2 Ks. Geez put the ball in play. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jad0003 said:

This is awful. 

I walked away during the bottom of the 1st. I just came back to the TV and it's now 9-0😯

Arkansas seeing it like a beach ball right now. Every hit is a homerun no matter who is pitching.

It will good for this team to come home and face easier competition this coming weekend and finalize positions and a lineup.

I knew losing Denver would be a big deal, but I didn’t think it would be this bad. It doesn’t help a few players are slumping at the plate. 

We are the youngest team in the SEC, and Arkansas starts 6 5th year seniors. I knew this would be a tough series, but I thought we could take one game. Not looking like it. 

• Like 1

Softball is a LONG season...hope the team doesn't allow this to 'derail' the season...we need to bounce back and get back on the winning track...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

I knew losing Denver would be a big deal, but I didn’t think it would be this bad. It doesn’t help a few players are slumping at the plate. 

I think the bigger problem is losing Lowe.  She was our dominant pitcher last year with 165 innings.  Penta had 88 and Dismukes 60.  She had a 1.48 ERA and a WHIP under 1.00.  If she can't regain last year's form, we're going to struggle.  I hate losing Denver, too.  She was having a great year.

6 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I think the bigger problem is losing Lowe.  

I agree. Penta gives us the best shot at winning these SEC games and there's only one of her. Losing Lowe and not being able to score runners that are on bases are killing us. 

Edited by TD1
  • Like 1