SEC Coaches Ranked

AU-24

10 hours ago, eaglenest said:

you need a life my man, your opinions are just that opinions! you need to go take a break from Auburn because you are wearing me out with all of your negativity, it is pass old and well overdue.

Here's a clue for you: Just scroll past my posts. We'll both be happier.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, eaglenest said:

lets not forget Saban, Smart, miles, urban they didn't have stella first year, but this nonsense on our coach is just plain crazy.

First years: Saban, Alabama 7-6

Smart, Georgia 8-5

Miles, LSU 11-2

Meyer, Florida, 9-3

Lookin' and lookin' at your examples and darned if I can find a single one of those guys that had a losing season their first year their SEC school. Maybe you should try again?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Smart, Georgia 8-5

Miles, LSU 11-2

Meyer, Florida, 9-3

Lookin' and lookin' at your examples and darned if I can find a single one of those guys that had a losing season their first year their SEC school. Maybe you should try again?

You never did answer my question. Do u think Harsin should have been fired after last season based off his performance on the field? Yes or no please

19 hours ago, eaglenest said:

you need a life my man, your opinions are just that opinions! you need to go take a break from Auburn because you are wearing me out with all of your negativity, it is pass old and well overdue.

I love hearing people criticize opinions with opinions as if one has more weight than the other. 

19 hours ago, eaglenest said:

lets not forget Saban, Smart, miles, urban they didn't have stella first year, but this nonsense on our coach is just plain crazy.

Harsin doesn't deserve to hold the jock of any of these coaches. 

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

You never did answer my question. Do u think Harsin should have been fired after last season based off his performance on the field? Yes or no please

I'll give my opinions in this one, after last year, no. After being an utter failure in recruiting needs and anything less than the infamous Gus solid year this year, let's please upgrade. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Smart, Georgia 8-5

Miles, LSU 11-2

Meyer, Florida, 9-3

We beat Saban and lost to one the worst UGA teams since Ray Goff, Gus should have been fired that year. may I add that Meyer never beat Auburn.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

No.

16 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

I'll give my opinions in this one, after last year, no. After being an utter failure in recruiting needs and anything less than the infamous Gus solid year this year, let's please upgrade. 

K fair enuf

12 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

I love hearing people criticize opinions with opinions as if one has more weight than the other. 

Harsin doesn't deserve to hold the jock of any of these coaches. 

No he doesn't, because he is a wolf, all of those coaches I listed  didn't have meddling from rogue BOOSTERS!! trying to run the football operation either.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

We beat Saban and lost to one the worst UGA teams since Ray Goff, Gus should have been fired that year. may I add that Meyer never beat Auburn.

Guy: You held up those four as examples of 1st year bad records. I posted facts that proved you were wrong. I've already listed them individually. Here's their combined first year records: 35-16. Does Harsin's first year remotely resemble the first years of those you held up as slow starters? LMAO!

@Hank2020I'm surprised you got caught up in supporting his inaccurate comments. You don't normally get duped like that.

Edited by Mikey

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No.

Ok thanks. So u think he deserves at least 1 more year. So, if that's the case why not reserve judgment? Everyone gets your points on recruiting,  portal, his record compared to other 1st yr coaches etc... At this point, why does any of that matter since we both agree he deserves more time. The points you make seem to support the idea that you think he should have been replaced. I don't think anyone including Harsin was satisfied with last year. 

20 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

You're funny. Gus wasn't the AU coach during Saban's first year at Tuskaloser. You need to up your research, if you even do any.

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok thanks. So u think he deserves at least 1 more year. So, if that's the case why not reserve judgment? Everyone gets your points on recruiting,  portal, his record compared to other 1st yr coaches etc... At this point, why does any of that matter since we both agree he deserves more time. The points you make seem to support the idea that you think he should have been replaced. I don't think anyone including Harsin was satisfied with last year. 

A lot has happened since the end of last season. Or, more correctly, positive things haven't happened. Whether he deserves more time or not, we are now stuck with him through the coming season.

I reserve the right to be critical of what's going on. How many years did the Gus bashers keep bashing? Several! Can dish it out but can't take it?

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

A lot has happened since the end of last season. Or, more correctly, positive things haven't happened. Whether he deserves more time or not, we are now stuck with him through the coming season.

I reserve the right to be critical of what's going on. How many years did the Gus bashers keep bashing? Several! Can dish it out but can't take it?

Not a matter of dishing it out and taking it. It just makes no difference to point out the bad or to point out the good since we both agree he should be the coach at AU this year.  At this point that's all that really matters. All the rest is just Yada, Yada, yada

Edited by NWALA Tiger

20 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Blah Blah Blah Reaction GIF

So, who do you think is garbage?

B3E88A21-C2BA-464F-AF05-C2DEEDCD3D14.gif

1 hour ago, GunsmithAU said:

Just my opinion, but if Auburn fires Harsin after the season because he flops, there will be no upgrade.

This past offseason made Auburn a Pariah to good coaches.  Will someone come?  Yeah, Auburn offers a lot of money.  Will they be quality?  More than likely, no.

Harsin better prove himself this year..

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

29 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Just my opinion, but if Auburn fires Harsin after the season because he flops, there will be no upgrade.

This past offseason made Auburn a Pariah to good coaches.  Will someone come?  Yeah, Auburn offers a lot of money.  Will they be quality?  More than likely, no.

Harsin better prove himself this year..

Departing players and coaches made complaints, we had to investigate. Now I agree that we’re likely not going to land an “elite” hire but as long as we can get a Pittman/Beamer-level hire, we’re in good hands.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Guy: You held up those four as examples of 1st year bad records. I posted facts that proved you were wrong. I've already listed them individually. Here's their combined first year records: 35-16. Does Harsin's first year remotely resemble the first years of those you held up as slow starters? LMAO!

@Hank2020I'm surprised you got caught up in supporting his inaccurate comments. You don't normally get duped like that.

Your wrong on that too. I’m easily duped (I was a firm Malzahn supporter till he wasn’t our coach anymore). Your correct in that I did not check out the stats he listed. I do believe you are indeed incorrect if you think because he wasn’t as successful in his first year it means he will not be in coming years (if AU wisely keeps him on).

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

You're funny. Gus wasn't the AU coach during Saban's first year at Tuskaloser. You need to up your research, if you even do any.

you are right my fault, but, Gus still lost to a bad smart team.

Why worry about coaching?   This is a money game.  Without big money, you cannot get to the point at which coaching makes a difference.  

Endowments for education have turned into endowments for sports.

It is painful to say but, college athletics is rapidly becoming something that I cannot support.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

Departing players and coaches made complaints, we had to investigate. Now I agree that we’re likely not going to land an “elite” hire but as long as we can get a Pittman/Beamer-level hire, we’re in good hands.

It is a wee bit more than that.  I work at a major research institution with a Div 1 football and athletic program, and I will tell you this, your understanding and theirs are about as far apart as the east is from the west.

Most sports, yeah, they think Auburn hires pretty well, but they understand that Auburn Football's ONLY attraction is money and playing in the SEC. That's it.  And the HC is a candidate that a LOT of people here wanted at Auburn.  And he won't touch it with a 5 mile long pole.

People can face palm and not like this, but when it comes to football, Auburn has a serious perception problem. 

• Thanks 1