Softball Selection Show Watch Party

AU will open up Jane B. for a watch party Sunday night at 6:00. It would be great if some of the local crowd could come out. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, all4AU said:

AU will open up Jane B. for a watch party Sunday night at 6:00. It would be great if some of the local crowd could come out. 

Going to end up at Clemson regional and most likely facing Liberty...... Mizzou RPI is #18 where as Auburn is #31..... we are far from hosting and Clemson is the better draw unless you want FSU again!!! Would like to be there but not going.... I would give up the weak schedule for a few more losses to have a higher RPI and possible chance to host a regional..... just saying!!! My opinion and I know there are those that disagree....

Edited by AU1947

5 hours ago, AU1947 said:

Going to end up at Clemson regional and most likely facing Liberty...... Mizzou RPI is #18 where as Auburn is #31..... we are far from hosting and Clemson is the better draw unless you want FSU again!!! Would like to be there but not going.... I would give up the weak schedule for a few more losses to have a higher RPI and possible chance to host a regional..... just saying!!! My opinion and I know there are those that disagree....

I hope we schedule tougher next year, especially now that we’ve seen a glimpse at what the talent on this team is capable of. 

We have to stop scheduling so many teams that are 200+ in the rpi (Alabama State, NCA&T, Delaware State, Niagara). 

7 hours ago, all4AU said:

I hope we schedule tougher next year, especially now that we’ve seen a glimpse at what the talent on this team is capable of. 

We have to stop scheduling so many teams that are 200+ in the rpi (Alabama State, NCA&T, Delaware State, Niagara). 

Probably will next year and the year after. Remember this was a contract year therefore the early bombshell and awesome record helped CMD to a 4 year contract extension. 

We have a tough regional with Clemson and Louisiana. However, I am glad we do not have to go to FSU because that regional is brutal. 

I do think we have a small chance to make it out of the regional, but we will have to come to play multiple days I. A row. 

Dang how did Louisiana end up as a 3? Must have lost a good bit down the stretch. They always have a tough schedule. 

1 hour ago, Jad0003 said:

We have a tough regional with Clemson and Louisiana. However, I am glad we do not have to go to FSU because that regional is brutal. 

I do think we have a small chance to make it out of the regional, but we will have to come to play multiple days I. A row. 

Yikes with Louisiana being with us.  I'm sure some fans still remember the super we beat them in.  I do.  Always a tough out.

Louisiana is coached by Gerry Glasco, Dean’s original choice for hitting coach at Auburn when he took over. They are a young team with pretty good pitching, lead by Kentucky transfer Megan Schorman, freshman Sam Landry, and Kendra Lamb. They have very solid hitting, which is expected with Glasco as hitting coach.

In terms of their schedule, they beat the majority of teams they were supposed to beat, but they lost a few head scratchers mid season (Georgia State, Georgia Southern, and App State). Texas is their best win, but they lost two other games to them. They also lost two games to both LSU and Bama. 

The Cajuns went 45-11 this year.  Being in the Sun Belt, they don't build much RPI.  The knock on them was always their schedule (at least the past few years). This year, they lost twice to Alabama, twice to LSU and twice to Texas.  They did beat Texas once.  They beat UAB 23-0 in one game, but also lost games to Georgia Southern and Georgia State.

• Like 2

Yea their conference schedule is typically bad except the years that South Alabama was around the top 10 as well.  They've usually tried making up for it with their OOC tourneys etc. But losing those lower Sunbelt games mid year will definitely hurt seeding. 

Glasco tested positive for COVID and did not travel to Clemson with the team today. I am unsure how they handled practice this week or the timeline on the positive test. I assume if he gets a negative test in the next few days Louisiana will fly him up there.

5 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

Glasco tested positive for COVID and did not travel to Clemson with the team today. I am unsure how they handled practice this week or the timeline on the positive test. I assume if he gets a negative test in the next few days Louisiana will fly him up there.

That's a bad time for that to happen.  Hope he's doing fine.  Louisiana does have a 13 game winning streak and 22 of last 23. So they are definitely hot at the moment.