Baseball Regional Series

10 hours ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Will resume play at 2pm tomorrow afternoon.  Auburn will have a 9-run lead and be 11 outs from its 3rd Super Regional in 4 years.  

Butch Thompson is the most underrated coach on Auburn's campus.  It's easy for fans of a football school to take a "national championship or bust" mentality toward success, but the baseball postseason format is truly a grind.  For CBT to take a program that had been stuck in the mud since the late 90s and win 3 regional championships in 4 years, including a Super Regional Championship and a CWS berth,  in the age of LSU/MSU/Arky/Ole Miss all performing at a high level is nothing short of remarkable.  And this is all being done with AU baseball facilities being middle of the road in the conference at best.  

I type all that to put perspective on whenever this Cinderella journey does end, whether it be in Supers or Omaha, I hope the casual Auburn fan can truly comprehend the job CBT has done for our baseball program.

Coach Thompson, Coach Nonnemaker, Coach Gabe Gross and Coach Tim Hudson are true Auburn treasures. Coach Thompson is building something special and even non-baseball fans should appreciate what he has been able to accomplish.  I hope fan support and NIL money can help Auburn catch up with other SEC programs and allows Butch to do everything he wants to do at Auburn. I would really hate to lose him to another program. Let's do what needs to be done to keep him at Plainsman Park.

Edited by Tigerbelle
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Morning boys and girls -- left the park around 12:30 and got back to b'ham around 2:30.   Leaving in 45 minutes headed back.   Admission is FREE today.   Anyone can walk in for FREE.   So come pack this place for Butch and these Auburn players.   If you didn't have a ticket yesterday, you can sit in any seat that isn't taken by a ticket holder.   Please come show these guys how much we appreciate them.

I would give just about anything to be there.  Very upset that I couldn't make it work out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AU4EVR said:

Looks like the game will be on ESPN+ again. At least that's all I can find as of now.  

Some replay of a spring football game on SECN. Why not show a live SEC game/team on that network.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

Coach Thompson, Coach Nonnemaker, Coach Gabe Gross and Coach Tim Hudson are true Auburn treasures. Coach Thompson is building something special and even non-baseball fans should appreciate what he has been able to accomplish.  I hope fan support and NIL money can help Auburn catch up with other SEC programs and allows Butch to do everything he wants to do at Auburn. I would really hate to lose him to another program. Let's do what needs to be done to keep him at Plainsman Park.

Well after 2018, Auburn ponied up the money so Mississippi State couldn't take him when they were looking for a coach. And you know MSU is one of those programs that will pay up for baseball. I imagine after the last 3 full seasons, he's due another extension/pay raise. 2021 was rough but with COVID ruining training and him losing 10 pitchers within the first month of the season, I'm going to blame more on circumstance rather than coaching. He's done more with less and on general college baseball forums I've seen other fans acknowledge that Auburn's done well with their limitations(and it's almost always compared to Bama's because Bohannon has complained about scholarships and insulted a lot of teams/fanbases as a result).

Honestly if Bama fires Bohannon, I'll take him back as long as his role only involves recruiting and not coaching but I heard they're planning to keep him another year.

Edited by warbiscuit

8 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Some replay of a spring football game on SECN. Why not show a live SEC game/team on that network.

Because it would interfere with FartBomb.... his unwashed masses would loose they minds

• Like 1

Who's ready to win the Regional today?

No idea who is gonna be on the mound when we resume play in about 7 minutes. I'm assuming Skipper.

Also, Vandy/Oregon State will start at 3 PM so I'll also be updating the score for that game if anyone is interested. A Vandy win paired with an Auburn win and Auburn will host the Super for the first time in history.

• Thanks 1

Skipper on the mound to get us started. I figure we'll see Skipper for 2 innings, Allsup for 1, and then Burkhalter for 1. Use our best arms today for a bit to keep them game ready.

• Like 2

First batter had a strike on him and then strikes out looking on 3 more pitches from Skipper! Great start!

That's out 2 for the Bottom of the 6th.

Skipper gets ahead 0-2. Ground out to 2B!

9-0 Auburn T7th

14 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Who's ready to win the Regional today?

No idea who is gonna be on the mound when we resume play in about 7 minutes. I'm assuming Skipper.

Also, Vandy/Oregon State will start at 3 PM so I'll also be updating the score for that game if anyone is interested. A Vandy win paired with an Auburn win and Auburn will host the Super for the first time in history.

I've always been a Vanderbilt fan, but no more so than today

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tigger1985 said:

That was 3 quick outs

Only 2 outs. :P Barnett got a K to start the B6th last night.

• Haha 1

Streaming on ESPN+/Hulu. No ESPN/2/U/News or SECN coverage. 

• Angry 1

Tredwell in for UCLA and has pitched in 2 other games this weekend. Looks to be their best arm out of the bullpen despite being a freshman.

Rambusch grounds out to 3B.

Foster with a fly out to RF just short of the warning track.

DiChiara falls behind 0-2. Damn, strikes out looking on 3 pitches.

9-0 Auburn B7th

Their freshman looks good. Aside from losing Mason getting us through the sixth and maybe the seventh, losing the offensive momentum was our biggest loss from the weather last night. We scored in three consecutive innings, and we were getting a bead on the kid on Saum. That lead would've swelled last night. Now we're trying to create momentum from scratch.

Skipper with a 4 pitch walk and then falls behind 1-0 to the next batter. LaRue comes out to chat with him.

Falls behind 3-1 ... Single for UCLA. Runners on 1st and 2nd.

Swing and miss on a wild pitch. Both runners move up. Crap!

Sac fly to deep LF. Runner on 2nd stays put.

9-1 Auburn

Edited by tgrogan21

Skipper cannot find the plate right now.

He's not sharp at all. He's just trying to grind out the inning.

Edited by mcgufcm

Full count ... strike out! Huge strike out there!

1-2 count ... single and the run scores. Walk and wild pitch coming back to bite Skipper in the butt.

9-2 Auburn

Edited by tgrogan21