Baseball Regional Series

Struggling to hit this pitcher so far. Peirce falls behind 0-2 on 2 swing and misses. Got lucky to not get called out looking on the 3rd pitch. Liner back to the pitcher who just gets his glove up in time to stop it and throw to 1st.

Carlson with a single through the left side!

Moore falls behind 1-2 ... grounder to 2B, bobbles it and probably saves the double play. Carlson on 2nd with 2 outs.

I didn't think the ump was any tighter today than yesterday. I just saw Skip missing his spots.

Let's get a two-out hit here!

• Like 1

Howell gets ahead 2-0 ... 3-0 ... 4 pitch walk! Lets get that run in, LaRue!

LaRue falls behind 0-2 ... strikes out on 3 pitches. Sigh.

Lets see if Skipper comes back in, I doubt it.

Edit: Just like I thought earlier, Skipper goes 1.2 and then turns it over for Allsup. I'm assuming he'll go 1 and then we'll turn it over to Burkhalter in the 9th to close it out.

9-2 Auburn B8th

Edited by tgrogan21

Glad I'm not Butch. I'm not sure what I'd do here. Skip was not sharp, but generally, I'd run him back out there with the quick hook like @mustache eagle said. Tough call though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Howell gets ahead 2-0 ... 3-0 ... 4 pitch walk! Lets get that run in, LaRue!

LaRue falls behind 0-2 ... strikes out on 3 pitches. Sigh.

Lets see if Skipper comes back in, I doubt it.

Edit: Just like I thought earlier, Skipper goes 1.2 and then turns it over for Allsup. I'm assuming he'll go 1 and then we'll turn it over to Burkhalter in the 9th to close it out.

9-2 Auburn B8th

NVM, don't rely on Statbroadcast to get it correct. lol Burkhalter is coming in now.

1 minute ago, mcgufcm said:

Glad I'm not Butch. I'm not sure what I'd do here. Skip was not sharp, but generally, I'd run him back out there with the quick hook like @mustache eagle said. Tough call though.

If it was a normal schedule I would be fine with keeping Skipper in but with us only playing 1 game in the SEC tournament, Skipper, Burkhalter, and Allsup haven't pitched since last Sunday if I'm not mistaken.

Get them some time just to keep their arms ready to go for next weekend.

Burkhalter gets ahead 0-2 and then gets squeezed a bit on strike 3. Payback for the Peirce non strikeout last half inning.

Nice at bat for UCLA to run the count full. Strike out looking on the 9th pitch of the AB!

s***. None of our pitchers look sharp. Burkhalter got the first K but he missed his spots against the first guy too. Back to back sharp hits.

Edited by mcgufcm

Just now, mcgufcm said:

s***. None of our pitchers look sharp. Burkhalter got the first K but he missed his spots against the first guy too.

In past weekends we’d be getting more strikes.  This dudes zone is tight

1 hour ago, warbiscuit said:

Well after 2018, Auburn ponied up the money so Mississippi State couldn't take him when they were looking for a coach. And you know MSU is one of those programs that will pay up for baseball. I imagine after the last 3 full seasons, he's due another extension/pay raise. 2021 was rough but with COVID ruining training and him losing 10 pitchers within the first month of the season, I'm going to blame more on circumstance rather than coaching. He's done more with less and on general college baseball forums I've seen other fans acknowledge that Auburn's done well with their limitations(and it's almost always compared to Bama's because Bohannon has complained about scholarships and insulted a lot of teams/fanbases as a result).

Honestly if Bama fires Bohannon, I'll take him back as long as his role only involves recruiting and not coaching but I heard they're planning to keep him another year.

Bohannon is a jerk. He can stay at bammer or go elsewhere. Now that he has shown his true colors I'd rather he just stay away. That display at the SEC tournament was disgusting. Auburn doesn't need that kind of toxicity. Auburn doesn't need him. 

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

In past weekends we’d be getting more strikes.  This dudes zone is tight

But it's been that way both ways. Gotta live with it.

• Like 2

The delay has jacked up our rhythm. Combined with our comfortable, maybe too comfortable, lead to start the day, it is making me a bit nervous. 

• Like 1

Burkhalter is struuuuuuuggling.

Edited by mcgufcm
  • Like 1

2-2 count ... fielder's choice to SS. Was always gonna be tough to turn that one.

Burkhalter falls behind 3-0 ... Full count ... bloop single to shallow center. Runners on the corner. Sigh.

Hudson coming out to talk to Burkhalter. UCLA has Yates up who has hit 3 homers already this weekend and just missed one against Skipper.

Burkhalter gets ahead 0-2. COME ON! 1 more strike!

Warning for the UCLA dugout who did not like that 2nd strike.

Great camera work there to miss the swing and hit. Dumbasses.

Single runner scores. Getting WAY nervous now. Burkhalter doesn't have it and needs to get pulled before it gets worse.

9-4 Auburn