Auburn CWS Game Thread

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I mean, there's a lot of stuff I can pick out from last year. lol Gonzalez has been great out of 1 performance this entire season.

I know, that's why I called him a shut down guy. He can easily go 8 innings, which he's done before. And he doesn't give up a lot of runs. He always keeps us in games. But our offense is not very good.

IMHO a shut down pitcher is a guy who is mainly a guy like Mize because and that guy from Oregon State because batters can't hit anything they get from those kinds of pitchers......lots of fast balls.

New guy coming in for Stanford. Has a 2.62 ERA but Stanford has been lights out since they moved him from starter to the bullpen.

This is the pitcher I was actually talking about.  Wow so we couldn't hit the other guy.  Let's make them pay. 

LaRue flies out, runner moves to 3rd. Runners on the corner with 2 outs. Probably gonna get nothing out of this rally when we had 0 outs.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Howell can't even bunt correctly. lol Bunt right back to the pitcher and the runner is out at 3rd.

Whatever the bunt call, if it is foul that is not a problem. Two things you can’t do, pop it up or that!!!  Horrible. 

I am at a loss for words at these rookie mistakes!!!  This is VERY tough to watch. 

LMAO Our team is SO bad. Bad steal attempt, runner gets caught in a rundown. Throw it home, and Foster gets tagged in the rundown. HORRIBLE!

2-0 Stanford B5th

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

LMAO Our team is SO bad. Bad steal attempt, runner gets caught in a rundown. Throw it home, and Foster gets tagged in the rundown. HORRIBLE!

2-0 Stanford B5th

Terrible coaching. Terrible baserunning. Per Sir Charles,  just turrrrible

• Like 1

If we sent Howell there, that's awful coaching. If he went on his own, he should take a seat the rest of the game.

Single to lead off and Stanford with an actual good bunt to move the runner to 2nd.

Edited by tgrogan21

Just now, mcgufcm said:

If we sent Howell there, that's awful coaching. If he went on his own, he should take a seat the rest of the game.

Butch tried this before last year. Unfortunately had the same result. I'm sure ever since Florida successfully executed the delayed double steal in game 3 of the 2018 Supers I'm sure it's been a thing in Butch's mind.

• Like 1

I know Butch is trying to get 1 run out of this but don't like the call with 2 runners on with 2 outs.  Of course that call is made to try to manufacture something since we have not shown to string together hits. 

• Like 1