Psu post game

gr82b4au

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Strategy Question....

Everyone ITT knows Manny Diaz over to blitz a ton. It's been his MO for a while. 

We didn't throw any quick passes or screens until the 3rd and we went all Ashford. 

Seems like having some quick passes or screens earlier in the game were desperately needed to stop the rush....or maybe a hot route

Our play caller didn’t seem particularly impressed by the idea of quick hitters, it felt like

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I'm having a hard time coming up with a reason to not cut him loose today and get the feelers out there early.  The money aspect is one thing but what's the up side?  Do we expect to see improvement at QB, the play calling, the OL, DL, defensive gameplan?  I don't.  

I'm with you here. Cut him loose, play the interim card on someone and be ready to pony up for the next guy at seasons end. This goose is already overdone!

• Love 1

I also don’t get the point of punting down by 28 and the other team is STILL driving on you even with their backups. If they’re STILL actively scoring, it’s not like you’re protecting the scoreboard (which shouldn’t matter - an ass kicking is an…). Attempting to win the game, or at least put yourself in the position to do so, should be the goal until the end

• Love 1

Even though today looked pretty bad let’s see what the next two games look like. Missouri should be a win. Auburn normally beats LSU at home when they aren’t very good. Maybe shuffle the oline. There has to be someone that can make a block. Really need a Prosch that can help open holes

Edited by e808

13 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Our play caller didn’t seem particularly impressed by the idea of quick hitters, it felt like

Quick hitters to a TE maybe?

Troxell should not be starting. Brenden Coffey should immediately replace Troxell. 

Just watch #68. That dude can't move, he has no punch and is soft as baby powder. 

Edited by maryland tiger
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, e808 said:

Even though today looked pretty bad let’s see what the next two games look like. Missouri should be a win. Auburn normally beats LSU at home when they aren’t very good. Maybe shuffle the oline. There has to be someone that can make a block. Really need a Prosch that can help open holes

Yeah let’s not smoke hopium so much. Just accept this team as what they are. I think Mizzou should be a win, but most likely a toss up, and let’s not even think about beating LSU.

Edited by Taco
Words

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Glad you are explaining all this to me. The top team of the Pac (whatever) wanted him, got him and he’s now there starting QB, that just crushed the number 12 team in the nation today.  But he is mediocre at best. I think, I understand now. Thank you.

USC and Utah did not want him

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, e808 said:

Did you watch LSU?  They look pretty decent.

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Surprised Auburn wanted him to stay, and Oregon wanted him to go there, since he’s so bad and everything.

Dang man, Bo Nix is gone.  Let it go man.

Auburn has major issues to deal with, that have absolutely nothing to do with Nix.

Edited by keesler
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Dang man, Bo Nix is gone.  Let it go man.

Auburn had major issues to deal other that have absolutely nothing to do with Nix.

Tom Brady could have been our QB today and we still lose by 28.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Did you watch LSU?  They look pretty decent.

Yea , I watched them. Hopefully, Missouri gives the team an opportunity to clean some things up and get a little confidence 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Tom Brady could have been our QB today and we still lose by 28.

Absolutely! 
I just fail to understand why an AU fan would be on here pumping up Bo Nix right now? 
He's no longer part of this program and never will be, it’s time to move on from him.

• Like 1

I don’t know who needs to hear this to see how bad we really are. 

Penn State caused more turnovers against Auburn at JHS than they did against Ohio and Purdue. 

This offense is out of sync and bad. 

And I hope nobody talks **** about Derek Mason anymore tbh cause Schmedding is terrible. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

Absolutely! 
I just fail to understand why an AU fan would be on here pumping up Bo Nix right now? 
He's no longer part of this program and never will be, it’s time to move on from him.

I haven’t been on the board long but that guy seems like he can’t let goof Bo or Gus and along with a couple others on here is actively hoping for exactly what happened today so he can be right.  

And if he follows his typical MO he will respond to you and possibly this with some BS response. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tigers77 said:

I haven’t been on the board long but that guy seems like he can’t let goof Bo or Gus and along with a couple others on here is actively hoping for exactly what happened today so he can be right.  

And if he follows his typical MO he will respond to you and possibly this with some BS response. 

You nailed it!

None of us are happy with what we’re seeing from this staff or the play on the field right now.  But damned if it helps anything to harp on people that are no longer part of the program.  And then to come in here asking it we watched a former QB’s game today?  WTH, why would any of us give a crap about watching a kid that left? 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, keesler said:

You nailed it!

None of us are happy with what we’re seeing from this staff or the play on the field right now.  But damned if it helps anything to harp on people that are no longer part of the program.  And then to come in here asking it we watched a former QB’s game today?  WTH, why would any of us give a crap about watching a kid that left? 

Yeah I don’t care what Bo does.  I was in JHS today cheering for MY team regardless of the situation.  Honestly couldn’t have told you who Oregon was playing today if others hadn’t mentioned it on here.  

I don’t see a whole lot of folks(if any) on here defending Harsin tonight so don’t know why he feels the need to harp on the Bo thing.  Needs to feed the old ego that he was right about something? I guess? 

Anyway, Auburn does need some change but hiring another wrong guy won’t help so I have no idea where we go from here.

19 minutes ago, keesler said:

It’s what he does. Best to just ignore/not engage. Maybe this next coaching change will put an end to this kind of childish nonsense 

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Missouri should be a win.

I don’t think there is a win left on the schedule. We barely beat San Jose state and we were trounced today. We have no O, no D, and no coaching. 

8 minutes ago, Tigers77 said:

Yeah I don’t care what Bo does.  I was in JHS today cheering for MY team regardless of the situation.  Honestly couldn’t have told you who Oregon was playing today if others hadn’t mentioned it on here.  

I don’t see a whole lot of folks(if any) on here defending Harsin tonight so don’t know why he feels the need to harp on the Bo thing.  Needs to feed the old ego that he was right about something? I guess? 

You're right, that's why he brought up the 10 game Covid season and tried excusing it saying AU would've been 9-3 with the normal 3 "gimme" games. Has nothing to do with AU's problems today