October 16 Softball

Game 1 vs. Pearl River:  We are playing as home team, and lead 2-0 after 1.  Bri Ellis hit her first homer of the fall.  Game 2 vs. Gulf Coast CC will be live-streamed.  We arre playing on their field.

Edit:  It seems I was mistaken, we are playing as visitors.  Anyway, Widra is pitching, and has 5 Ks through 2.  Ellis with another bomb, and Auburn leads 5-0.

Edit:  Elkins drives in a run with her second double of the game, and it's 6-0 Tigers after 5.

Edit:  Auburn wins 7-0 after Lisenby goes yard.  Three homers and two doubles on the game for the good chicks.

Edited by OlderWhiskey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Game 2 vs. Gulf Coast State is live streaming on their website.  See Auburn Twitter page for link.  Auburn leads 8-0 after 1 1/2.  I picked it up at 4-0 with two outs in top 2.  Ellis had a 2-run single and Tresvik a 2-run double, sandwiched around an error by the 3bB on a ball hit by Garcia.  Milanowski struck out looking to end the inning.  Lisenby due up in the 3d.

Edit:  Penta/Godwin the battery, with Cox at 3d, Peralta/McCondichie at the keystone, and I believe Milanowski on first.  GC got a runner on an error by McCondichie, but no score.  Can't really identify the outfielders with this camera.  

Edit:  Auburn scores one in top 3 after Cox doubles, takes 3d on a wild pitch, and scores on a Widra single.  Garcia leaves the bases loaded on a popout to 2B.

Edit:  Side retired in B3.  Some defensive changes; Ellis on first, Lisenby catching, either Milanowski or Roberts at third.  

Edit:  Auburn had bases loaded in top 4 after pitcher walked Roberts and hit Milanowski and Cox.  With two outs, Elkins was up and I had to step away for a minute.  When I came back, Auburn was up 12-0 and the inning was over.

Edit:  Gulf Coast inserted their third pitcher after2 walks to open the inning (mcCrary and someone else).  Smith got on somehow to load the bases.  After a popout, Lisenby walked in a run, then Cox laced a 2-run single and took 2d on the throw.  McCrary with a hard 2-run single off 3B's glove.  Engelkes grounded out on a checked-swing to end the half inning at 17-0 Auburn. 

Edited by OlderWhiskey

Bottom 5:  Widra pitching, McCrary catching, Roberts at 3d, Cox at 2d, Engelkes at 1st.  GC loads the bases with two singles and an error by Peralta.  GC then plates a run on their 3d single of the inning, after which Widra records 3 strikeouts.  17-1 Auburn, looks like we're gonna play some more.

After two flyouts, Smith bunts a single, then Cooper lines  shot past the shortstop.  Lisenby's fly drops behind short, scoring a run.  then we scored 2 more somehow, that I missed,  Then btb homers by Roberts and someone else, 23-1 Auburn.  Engelkes then doubled, followed by a single by Widra, I think.  McCrary strikes out to end the inning, but Auburn scores 6 with two out to lead 23-1 after 5 1/2.

Widra gives up a single in the 6th, a soft liner past Cox, who was playing shallow.  Otherwise retires the side, and the game ends after 6 at 23-1 Auburn.  I noticed during the handshake that we have a player with her left arm in a sling.  She was not wearing a numbered jersey, so I couldn't identify her.  

Edited by OlderWhiskey
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I noticed during the handshake that we have a player with her left arm in a sling.  She was not wearing a numbered jersey, so I couldn't identify her.  

Rose Roach 

I don't recall seeing her name in any of these fall games, but has anyone heard anything about the status of Packer? 

1 hour ago, TD1 said:

Rose Roach 

I don't recall seeing her name in any of these fall games, but has anyone heard anything about the status of Packer? 

Packer was with the team at the Wallace State game but did not play.  Fairly sure she played at UAB.  

• Like 1