I’ve seen enough of Robby

NES

7 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Making posts like this after a win during a season like the current one just screams troll.

It was before the win. War Eagle always love Robby fight and running ability. QB iq and touch and throws not so much. Always Auburn through and through so sorry if I offended you just frustrating convo during the game 

6 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Not to mention it should have just been posted in the official game thread but some people, and this happens every saturday, turn a low level comment in to an entire thread because they just HAVE to be seen and heard

I started the tread apologies Auburn family should have been a comment in the game tread. War Eagle 

23 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Would never want you on my team.  Your negativity is toxic.

If by negativity you mean realistic and applying data to formulate decisions then yes, I'm extremely toxic.

The guy never played a down at Oregon (wonder why?), has more INTs than TDs, has trouble hitting wide open receivers, zero intuition in the pocket, bails out whenever he feels the slightest pressure, etc. What makes you possibly think he can be a competent SEC QB next season? Besides you just feeling good about the guy. You are just a *tad* idealistic when it comes to certain players. That's perfectly fine. You are entitled to your opinion.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, woodford said:

If by negativity you mean realistic and applying data to formulate decisions then yes, I'm extremely toxic.

The guy never played a down at Oregon (wonder why?), has more INTs than TDs, has trouble hitting wide open receivers, zero intuition in the pocket, bails out whenever he feels the slightest pressure, etc. What makes you possibly think he can be a competent SEC QB next season? Besides you just feeling good about the guy. You are just a *tad* idealistic when it comes to certain players. That's perfectly fine. You are entitled to your opinion.

Again, one year with a horrible line and,,, horrible coaching doesn't negate the potential he has shown.

Maybe one day, you can share your data and analysis formulas with us. 😀

16 minutes ago, woodford said:

I agree with you... Robby is an exceptional athlete trying to play QB.. He just doesn't see the field well, does not keep his eyes down field when he bails,  And worst of all has a very strong arm with no ability to put touch on his passes...

• Like 1

Kiffin cut his offer when he arrived at OM for a reason; Gus didnt offer him for a reason; he was red shirted at Oregon for a reason.  I'm glad RA is Auburn through and through, but I hope he comes to the realization like Kodi and chooses to become a WR for the betterment of the team before he is asked to move to WR by the new HC.  Who ever is coming in will be getting a QB from the portal.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So what's the difference between Robby now and Bo when he was a freshman?

Bo could hit the short pass but not the long pass?

4 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Bo could hit the short pass but not the long pass?

Freshman year he had problems with short too, especially against the sec teams. He clearly improved but my point is it took him time to

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

So what's the difference between Robby now and Bo when he was a freshman?

Neither were good, but Robby is a worse passer.  Game logs show that.  8/13 games 60% comp or better vs 2 of 8.  Robby's passing lows are really low

Robby is also a 3rd year player vs a TrFr.

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Neither were good, but Robby is a worse passer.  Game logs show that.  8/13 games 60% comp or better vs 2 of 8.  Robby's passing lows are really low

Robby is also a 3rd year player vs a TrFr.

Yeah and Bo had better talent at o line and at wr his freshman year as opposed to now. I don't really count the classification as this is still Robby's first time actually playing QB

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah and Bo had better talent at o line and at wr his freshman year as opposed to now. I don't really count the classification as this is still Robby's first time actually playing QB

This isn't an argument for Bo, but someone 3 years out of HS with multiple College falls and spring practices under their belt, should be better than he is.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

This isn't an argument for Bo, but someone 3 years out of HS with multiple College falls and spring practices under their belt, should be better than he is.  

Did he go through spring practice at Oregon while playing Baseball? He went through it here last year obviously.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mb711 said:

Did he go through spring practice at Oregon while playing Baseball? He went through it here last year obviously.

According to this he did both & played in the spring game

https://www.registerguard.com/story/sports/college/football/2021/08/07/double-play-oregon-ducks-center-fielder-robby-ashford-plans-make-push-qb-race/5482877001/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Bo freshman year... 2542 yds 16 td 6 Int

Robby this year 1434 yds 6 td 7 Int

With the same bad OL I might add.

23 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

With the same bad OL I might add.

Yeah there is no comparison with the stats Bocephus stats were much better.  But Bo played more freshman yr than Robby has

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

Robby may improve a lot but he wouldn’t start at any other SEC school right now except maybe Vandy. That’s not his fault. He’s a fighter and competitor. It’s the sorry state of AU QB evaluation, recruitment, and development from the last two HCs and staffs. 

Edited by Gowebb11

I seriously wonder if we have a QB on roster that could start at any other SEC school. It’s really depressing that we could even have a debate on it really. 

• Like 1

I would say Robby is a box of chocolates u don’t know what u gonna get. Bo had a way better team around him and a defense that could clean up his errors. Also keep in mind Robby is a RPO type QB that was trying to play a pro style offense. I believe he just needs something easy to get him into a rhythm. He reminds me of Kap when he first played at Nevada had to work some of the baseball 100 mph balls out of him. Robby looks to have some of the same issues. With a year of live action and another spring let’s see what happens.