Internet fight between BG and TM...

BamaGrad03

Honestly, altho I did watch Friends, I willa dmit it wasn't the greatest, altho it's impact on popular cultur is undeniable. From hairstyles to catch phrases and hand gestures, it was pretty much a force for a long time.

Seinfeld is a cult thing. I watched it by default sometimes, because Carl would turn it on, so I saw parts of the Soup Nazi episode, and "sponge worthy", and yeah, those were funny. But the random funny episodes are far outweighed by the other meaningless stupid no plot episodes. Like the one about Jerry being at his parent's house in Florida with Elaine and he takes some guy's pen that writes upside down... how is that funny???

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, altho I did watch Friends, I willa dmit it wasn't the greatest, altho it's impact on popular cultur is undeniable. From hairstyles to catch phrases and hand gestures, it was pretty much a force for a long time.

Seinfeld is a cult thing. I watched it by default sometimes, because Carl would turn it on, so I saw parts of the Soup Nazi episode, and "sponge worthy", and yeah, those were funny. But the random funny episodes are far outweighed by the other meaningless stupid no plot episodes. Like the one about Jerry being at his parent's house in Florida with Elaine and he takes some guy's pen that writes upside down... how is that funny???

It's funny in the way everything is interconnected.

Great example was the whale episode where George saved the whale by plucking a golf ball out of its blowhole and in the end you discover that Kramer was whacking golf balls into the ocean.

I hated Friends. I never found it funny.

When you're going by 2D photos, you can make a case that the girls on Friends were better looking than Elaine. But week to week they weren't -- at least to me.

And no 2D photo can capture sexiness. It comes from more than just looks. Sexy also involves intelligence, wit, personality and a lot of other attributes. The most beautiful woman in the room is not necessarily the sexiest. I found the Friends girls too vapid and cloying to be remotely sexy. Elaine was sexy because of her attitude. There was little doubt that being with Elaine would have been fun and interesting. That's sexy.

Actually, though Julia Louis-Dreyfus isn't bad looking, I thought the Elaine character was a narcissistic ass for the most part. Not sexy.

I find narcissistic assism to be attractive, I suppose. I liked that spunk. That and she seemed rather indiscriminate and open about her sexuality.

Actually, though Julia Louis-Dreyfus isn't bad looking, I thought the Elaine character was a narcissistic ass for the most part. Not sexy.

I find narcissistic assism to be attractive, I suppose. I liked that spunk. That and she seemed rather indiscriminate and open about her sexuality.

So you're saying you like skanks?

Solely for entertainment purposes.

Solely for entertainment purposes.

That's Gold Jerry...Gold.

I never saw Elaine as a skank, really, more like just free spirited. But now that you mention it a little skankiness isn't so bad.

On a slightly different tack, why would any woman want to watch Seinfeld? Not ONE good looking guy - Puddy was as close as you got, and his character was too stupid to view as anything other than man meat. At least on Friends you had Chandler (the best looking of the three) and then various boyfriends - Tom Selleck comes IMMEDIATELY to mind... damn, I wanted Monica to end up with him. Those episodes were HOT!!! Hank Azaria wasn't too shabby, and even the guy Mike that Phoebe married was pretty cute. I even liked Jon Favreau as Monica's onetime boyfriend. And Rachael had two HOT HOT HOT guys after she started working at Ralph Lauren. So lots of variety there - but on Seinfeld? They made any guy who was even SLIGHTLY cute into the butt of the jokes - like being handsome was a bad thing. I think all those short/fat/ugly/bald/stupid guys (or any combination thereof) were just jealous.

You take that back, missy. Frank Costanza was a very handsome looking man!

Guest Tigrinum Major

On a slightly different tack, why would any woman want to watch Seinfeld? Not ONE good looking guy - Puddy was as close as you got, and his character was too stupid to view as anything other than man meat. At least on Friends you had Chandler (the best looking of the three) and then various boyfriends - Tom Selleck comes IMMEDIATELY to mind... damn, I wanted Monica to end up with him. Those episodes were HOT!!! Hank Azaria wasn't too shabby, and even the guy Mike that Phoebe married was pretty cute. I even liked Jon Favreau as Monica's onetime boyfriend. And Rachael had two HOT HOT HOT guys after she started working at Ralph Lauren. So lots of variety there - but on Seinfeld? They made any guy who was even SLIGHTLY cute into the butt of the jokes - like being handsome was a bad thing. I think all those short/fat/ugly/bald/stupid guys (or any combination thereof) were just jealous.

Proof that she hangs out here because we are all so damn good looking.

Tru dat

Proof that I hang out here because it's a message board and I don't have to look at ANY of you...

Guest Tigrinum Major

You know what we look like...and you cannot stay away.

"He's a loathsome, offensive brute, yet I can't look away."

"I love him."

We're slick, we're hip, and all the woman love our cologne!

I have blocked those visuals out of my mind and replaced you all with mental images of the guys from the Firemen of the FDNY calendar...

I have blocked those visuals out of my mind and replaced you all with mental images of the guys from the Firemen of the FDNY calendar...

Yeah, like there's a difference.

Yeah, like there's a difference.

Well there is....."We ain't gay. On that side of the line we ain't going".

Well, if those boys are gay, WHICH I DOUBT, then call me a f*g hag. :big:

Well, if those boys are gay, WHICH I DOUBT, then call me a f*g hag. :big:

Let me guess......You also think the Chippendale dancers are straight?

Fire isn't the only thing those pretty boys turn their hoses on!

Let me guess......You also think the Chippendale dancers are straight?

Who cares? I ain't doin' 'em or datin' 'em. Just looking. With abs of steel, who gives a flip how they roll their hoses...

Archived