WHY??????

C-villetiger1

Will watch what is most likely the worst basketball in the country! Wis is pounding us as we speak and we lost to AUM in the pre-season. My only question is WHY???? Why do we have to be this bad. The kids play hard the coach I think knows what he is doing but have not seen any real evidence of that. But yet we are still the bottom of the class in the sec. We are ranked 112th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DO WE LET THIS HAPPEN???? Cliff was about as bad as it gets what with him getting the most talented team in the country to the sweet 16. But here we are Fla has a national championship, Lsu went to the final four we all know Kentucky and Tenn are always solid BAMA for gods sake is solid VANDY, SC, the only team that even looks like us is UGA. The times have changed in this football conf now is not the time to get pounded into the floor every game we play against decent teams. A little support prolly wouldnt hurt as well!! 2600 at a game is PATHETIC!!!!!! And that is NOT because students were out more students go to Baseball games than do basketball unless we are in the top 25 and then they come out. The culture at Auburn needs to reflect the times and as of right now they dont we support Football and that is it.....PERIOD. Au swiming and Diving is the best in the nation and they only fill up the huge dual meets WHY???? We have a stadium that holds 87000 people and that can be filled at the drop of a dime but we cant fill up a 9000 seat arena and as soon as the projected attendance for the new arena is anounced we discuss how many empty seats there will be COME ON GUYS. Lets get out and support this team or drop it all together we have been horrible to pathetic for the last few years and could use those schollys for the swim team or the softball team!!!!! As I finish this we have just finished a mauling at the hands of Wisconsin and this willbe the theme for the rest of the year I think judging from the way this played out today. PLEASE PITT SHWO US MERCY!!!!!!!!PLEASE DONT DESTROY OUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also one of the guys that fouled out has fouled out of more games than any other Auburn player in THE HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM!!!!! FT has gotten no better at not just fouling people in all of his years. In his freshman year he did the same things. I think he just fouled me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also one of the guys that fouled out has fouled out of more games than any other Auburn player in THE HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM!!!!! FT has gotten no better at not just fouling people in all of his years. In his freshman year he did the same things. I think he just fouled me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have no seniors. You expect to beat Top Ten teams? Give Lebo a few more years.

Patience is a virtue. With the scholarship limitations and Cliff Ellis's questionable decisions for practices and way to run the program it has put us back a few years. Give Lebo a few years. He knows what it takes to win and I believe he is getting there.

But I do agree with you on support. Our support here is PATHETIC.

Auburn has and will always be a football school. While I agree that it shouldn't be this way, perception is reality and that's that. As to why we're not winning, well, because we're simply too young. This team has no seniors, 5 juniors, and enough underclassmen to line up the Great Wall. Also do not forget that several of our players are not playing right now (I don't know why, I think it's suspension but someone please correct me if I am wrong). I don't think this year will be different than last year in term of production, but I do expect a much more competitive team next year.

Oh, someone please tell the team that they really need to start practicing some free throws, they're ABSOLUTELY horrible at those.

Agreed they are young. But what is the reason that LSU was so good last year or Fla they were both very young gping into last season. We have been young for 3 years. I do however want to BLAME The worst coach in the history of college basketball Cliff Ellis for the scholly limitations. Thanks again Cliff for making Auburn basketball the worst it can be....EVER. I do think Lebo is a good coach as I stated but why do we have so many basic problems FREE THROWS. The defenition of a free throw is "A free shot at the basket after absorbing a foul" get it FREEEEEEEE THROOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!! I have carried a lot of frustration from the football team to the basketball team but I see young teams every year win a couple big games I mean BUTLER BEAT GONZAGA.. Where is our big win we fold up the tent when UK comes calling and really the rest of the SEC as well the last 2-3 years. I WANT US TO PROGRESS and this I dont see I hope I am being premature with my evaluations of the team but 2 losses in a row dont get my thoughts pointed in the positive direction. now a one point loss shows progress but a 14 point loss does not. Young or not we need a better result!!

Agreed they are young. But what is the reason that LSU was so good last year or Fla they were both very young gping into last season. We have been young for 3 years. I do however want to BLAME The worst coach in the history of college basketball Cliff Ellis for the scholly limitations. Thanks again Cliff for making Auburn basketball the worst it can be....EVER. I do think Lebo is a good coach as I stated but why do we have so many basic problems FREE THROWS. The defenition of a free throw is "A free shot at the basket after absorbing a foul" get it FREEEEEEEE THROOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!! I have carried a lot of frustration from the football team to the basketball team but I see young teams every year win a couple big games I mean BUTLER BEAT GONZAGA.. Where is our big win we fold up the tent when UK comes calling and really the rest of the SEC as well the last 2-3 years. I WANT US TO PROGRESS and this I dont see I hope I am being premature with my evaluations of the team but 2 losses in a row dont get my thoughts pointed in the positive direction. now a one point loss shows progress but a 14 point loss does not. Young or not we need a better result!!

Our schedule is out of our league this year. I hope, like you, that we can a have a quality program, but I realize it will take a year or two more. We have the number three team in the nation coming to BEMC next weekend to add to the difficulty. The guys are doing well to compete with these teams and we are without one of our best players(dollard) and valuable subs that provide depth when guys like tolbert cant stay out of foul trouble. If you can tolerate another mediocre year this year, we will be a competitive team in 07 and 08 and who knows from there. Maybe by that time we will have the ne arena to boost recruiting along with a competitive team.

Will watch what is most likely the worst basketball in the country! Wis is pounding us as we speak and we lost to AUM in the pre-season. My only question is WHY???? Why do we have to be this bad. The kids play hard the coach I think knows what he is doing but have not seen any real evidence of that. But yet we are still the bottom of the class in the sec. We are ranked 112th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DO WE LET THIS HAPPEN???? Cliff was about as bad as it gets what with him getting the most talented team in the country to the sweet 16. But here we are Fla has a national championship, Lsu went to the final four we all know Kentucky and Tenn are always solid BAMA for gods sake is solid VANDY, SC, the only team that even looks like us is UGA. The times have changed in this football conf now is not the time to get pounded into the floor every game we play against decent teams. A little support prolly wouldnt hurt as well!! 2600 at a game is PATHETIC!!!!!! And that is NOT because students were out more students go to Baseball games than do basketball unless we are in the top 25 and then they come out. The culture at Auburn needs to reflect the times and as of right now they dont we support Football and that is it.....PERIOD. Au swiming and Diving is the best in the nation and they only fill up the huge dual meets WHY???? We have a stadium that holds 87000 people and that can be filled at the drop of a dime but we cant fill up a 9000 seat arena and as soon as the projected attendance for the new arena is anounced we discuss how many empty seats there will be COME ON GUYS. Lets get out and support this team or drop it all together we have been horrible to pathetic for the last few years and could use those schollys for the swim team or the softball team!!!!! As I finish this we have just finished a mauling at the hands of Wisconsin and this willbe the theme for the rest of the year I think judging from the way this played out today. PLEASE PITT SHWO US MERCY!!!!!!!!PLEASE DONT DESTROY OUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an annoying bastage.

Ditto! TT I ask good questions please feel free to reply with good answers!!!

Ditto! TT I ask good questions please feel free to reply with good answers!!!

Actually, your only question is WHY????????

Ask yourself why you are such a crybaby. Give Lebo and the team some time, it isn't like he stepped into a wealth of talent nor a Sunday stroll of a conference.

Ask yourself why you are such a crybaby. Give Lebo and the team some time, it isn't like he stepped into a wealth of talent nor a Sunday stroll of a conference.

Ive watched the same situation play itself out for 25 years with our basketball team and I ask why and this is the response I get. Thanks Slug

Auburn's fan support for anything NOT football is pathetic. I don't care if our basketball team sucks. I don't care if our arena sucks. We should be putting butts in the stands fro most games. Maybe the team would win HALF the games they lose if they had a loud and passionate fanbase to support them. We would still put 75,000 plus into Jordan-Hare for a 0-11 football team about to play Bama or Florida or Georgia or LSU or ANYBODY. You wanna know why we can't get and retain good basketball talent? Because young guys come on a recruiting trip to Auburn and discover that the arena has 12,500 seats and only 2,500 are filled. Would that be encouraging to you if you were a hotshot recruit? Hell no. We have a really beautiful baseball stadium and attendance has been steadily declining for a few years now. Why? I don't get it. We have a dynasty for a swimming and diving program and hardly anybody goes. Why? I don't get it. Same goes for track and field. Brand new facility and stands are half full on a good day. Fan support is great for football, why can't it be the same for everything else?

Ive watched the same situation play itself out for 25 years with our basketball team and I ask why and this is the response I get. Thanks Slug

In the last 25 years AU has made it to the Sweet 16 and Elite 8, and was even a number 1 seed one year, which is better than most programs with so little support. Everyone wants more consistency. If you want to critique, critique, but if you're gonna whine like three year old girl, expect to called on it.

I didnt realize that calling names was calling somone out! I have asked a real question and maybe it isnt important to you that our basketball program does well but it is to me!!!! We support the team by NOT going to games and not filling the building and then make jokes about how many open seats we will have in the new arena. How is me stateing this me whining or crying??? Anyway if this is the way you discuss topics so be it dont reply!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt realize that calling names was calling somone out! I have asked a real question and maybe it isnt important to you that our basketball program does well but it is to me!!!! We support the team by NOT going to games and not filling the building and then make jokes about how many open seats we will have in the new arena. How is me stateing this me whining or crying??? Anyway if this is the way you discuss topics so be it dont reply!!!!

Using excessive exlamation and question marks is whiney!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you think?????????

i know, but...

New Arena=More Money to the Team (players motivated)

New Arena=Fan Draw, Fan appeal.

Fans= More Motivation for lebo and the players.

And a new arena also helps a little with recruiting.

I am glad to see a few posts in here.....even if it's gloom and doom.

I go to 80% of the basketball games (mens) and 70% of the ladies games. You guys keep bitching at home while I sit courtside with general admin. tickets.

In all fairness, our basketball team needs support from the fans. Even with BEMC, if 80% of the place were full for most of the games, it would be better than most schools in the country. But......no one wants to support the team when they are down, only when they are up!

So, fair weather fans......stay home! I'll take your seat anytime :)

I think UGA has looked damn good to start off the year

We finally have NO excuses from the Harrick probation and now have players and depth and talent

Though we lost to WKU, we are young so games like that should be expected

We play Gonzaga next and if we beat them (which I dont think is that terribly far-fetched BUT I admit it is not likely) then we could challenge for a higher NIT spot or maybe possibly an NCAA bid

Archived