AU/Ole Miss

nimsjus

Saturday at BEMC. This is another team we should beat and a win we have to have for the SEC west, SEC tournament, and postseason play. You gotta win the ones your supposed to. Don't know much about Ole Miss this year. I know they still have overweight Dwayne Curtis who transferred from AU a couple of years ago. He was a bigger, slower, not as good version of Big Baby Davis. Ive heard they new coach is converting them to a run and gun/press team, but there old coach ran a slow down motion game. I would assume that means their personel doesn't match their style very well and hence they are stuggling. We will see on Saturday. War Damn Basketball!

i dont really know what their style is but i do know curtis seems to be bigger and slower and gotten worse. I hope they try to play fast with us cause i think thats in our favor. We're a lot more successful when we can get more fast break points rather than having to set up an offense.

All I know is Im ready to make fun of Abernathy.

i dont really know what their style is but i do know curtis seems to be bigger and slower and gotten worse. I hope they try to play fast with us cause i think thats in our favor. We're a lot more successful when we can get more fast break points rather than having to set up an offense.

All I know is Im ready to make fun of Abernathy.

Why hate on Abernathy? You look like him, minus the hair.

Do any of ya'll know if this game with UM is going to be televised, and on what network, at what time? :cheer::au::cheer:

Saturday at BEMC. This is another team we should beat and a win we have to have for the SEC west, SEC tournament, and postseason play. You gotta win the ones your supposed to. Don't know much about Ole Miss this year. I know they still have overweight Dwayne Curtis who transferred from AU a couple of years ago. He was a bigger, slower, not as good version of Big Baby Davis. Ive heard they new coach is converting them to a run and gun/press team, but there old coach ran a slow down motion game. I would assume that means their personel doesn't match their style very well and hence they are stuggling. We will see on Saturday. War Damn Basketball!

You don't know much about them, but you know you should beat them? That is some in-depth analysis. :poke:

You don't know much about them, but you know you should beat them? That is some in-depth analysis. :poke:

Ahh come on, I didn't know much about Alabama but I knew Auburn was going ot beat them. :poke:

I know we are in first place in the SEC West and they are near the bottom. I can read the standings and therefore I infer we are a better team and we need to beat teams like them. I was referring more to offensive/defensive schemes, personel, etc when I said I dont know much about them. Everyone else on here seemed to understand the statement. Good luck with USC today. A win today could help keep you just behind us in the standings.

62-46 UM with 10 minutes to go in second half, and they are still over 50% for 3 pointers. Kind of hard to beat a team when they are hitting the 3's...

I have never been more embarrassed to be an Auburn fan today... Not because we lost to Ole Miss... but because the team had NO hustle or enthusiasm the entire game.

To be honest it looked like they all had hangovers.

The team looked extremely sloppy today. Lots of unforced turnovers and lots of easy baskets for Ole Miss. They beat us when they went small due to foul trouble and they beat us when Curtis and the other guy were in the game. Ole Miss' guards looked way quicker than ours(which I doubt is actually the case because ours are pretty quick). They also beat us to death on switched screens. Our guards would switch with a big man on ball screens and then they would go back to the big guy for easy baskets. We also did a terrible job guarding their cross screens, which is what lead to Sanders hitting 55 three pointers on us of the bench. With the inexpeience we have I guess you have to expect a few ugly unexpected losses to go along with those big wins like UAT and UT.

Mama said there'll be days like this.

oh yeah..and if you wanna come to a game and scream the whole time while your team is leading then at least have the balls to wear your ole miss stuff.

I know we are in first place in the SEC West and they are near the bottom. I can read the standings and therefore I infer we are a better team and we need to beat teams like them. I was referring more to offensive/defensive schemes, personel, etc when I said I dont know much about them. Everyone else on here seemed to understand the statement. Good luck with USC today. A win today could help keep you just behind us in the standings.

Make that just in front of you in the standings. :poke:

I have never been more embarrassed to be an Auburn fan today... Not because we lost to Ole Miss... but because the team had NO hustle or enthusiasm the entire game.

To be honest it looked like they all had hangovers.

no excuse for this one, Auburn had no focus and got beat. They were in a good position and really a must win game. They took Ole Miss for granted. Without an effort like they had against uat, the Arkansas game

could be ugly.

The Shirelles!! Love that song!! The team was so lackluster Sat. The crowd was too, but it was because we were getting stuffed so much. Why couldn't they guard #20 and #12, they got almost every 3 pointer they shot at!! Hope we wake up in Arkansas.

Archived