AU vs GW Thread

nimsjus

I bought two tickets for WVU Thursday and am getting three more for friends who graduated and are in BHam now. I think with Quan we are better than WVU. We aren't talking about the WVU Big East Powerhouse of a few years ago with Pitsnogle(sp?). I like our odds way better than UAT's chances with Gtown. Gtown has looked amazing this year and UAT ha been less than average(lost to Belmont and almost to SW Louisiana). Can't wait for Wednesday night at BJCC.

It's gonna be a tough game. WVU's only loss is to UT by two. They are good and will give us all we can handle. I like this game though and will give us a good sense of where we are as a team. I hope Prowell comes into this game in game shape ( I assume he's been practicing) since he's our best offensive player. I like it that Vot is playing well. I just wish we had someone who could shoot from the outside. Anyway I'm pumped about this season

Does anyone know the reason for the medical redshirt Dollard is taking this year?

I just haven't heard anyone yet who knows....kind of strange.

Prowell is probably our best shooter from the outside. That will improve when he comes back. Reed is a very poor shooter. Tez is an ok shooter from everywhere. Sheem is usually either very hot or cold. Even when he's shooting well, he's better on the midrange jumper than the 3-pointer though. I cant really remember how well Miaway shoots the 3. I know he was never a great shooter and probably never even very good, but I think he shoots it ok from 3.

They aren't gonna say why Dollard is out... Which is how it should be..

Maybe this is a stupid question but if it's a medical redshirt then it's a health related issue. It's just weird to see a player sit out an entire year and not have clue why. Maybe it's a HIPPA thing. If anyone knows anything I'm not trying to be nosy but the whole thing just seems weird and I was just trying to find out some info.

First, It's not a medical redshirt. It's simply a redshirt. Im not sure the implications of that but I think it's because for a medical redshirt whatever the health reason is would have to be released in order for it to be approved for a redshirt.

And we do have a clue why - because he has a health issue. We just dont know what type, and that's probably none of our business.

And it's HIPAA

First, It's not a medical redshirt. It's simply a redshirt. Im not sure the implications of that but I think it's because for a medical redshirt whatever the health reason is would have to be released in order for it to be approved for a redshirt.

And we do have a clue why - because he has a health issue. We just dont know what type, and that's probably none of our business.

And it's HIPAA

Yeah I understand the confidentiality stuff since I'm in that field.....I guess the weird thing is that if you do see a medical redshirt it is mostly for an injury or something like that. This seems to have come out of now where. And by now you would think that it would have leaked as to the reason....Does your mind not wander a little on something like this? Anyway maybe I'm being hyper sensitive but I follow college basketball rather vigilantly and this just seems strange....WDE and let's beat those Mountaineers and give their university a foretaste of what they will have coming to Morgantown on Sept 6th of 2008.

The only negative thing that I saw (and I think this is how they are coached) was how quick we were to shot the ball. It was pretty obvious when we missed 12 3-pointers in a row that the shots weren't falling. If we would have worked the passing game I think it would have opened up the game for Vot to get more opportunities.

I also hope they were working on getting some arc in those free throws.

I also hope they were working on getting some arc in those free throws.

No joke. Sometimes they look like line drives. We need to work on that. No excuse for bad free throw shooting.

Archived