AU - GA game thread

TDAuburn

I tried keeping up with it on gamecast. It only updates every never. Looks like we didnt shoot the ball well though. Is it a final yet?

Ga. hit both foul shots. So, 57 - 54 Ga. AU with 13.1 seconds left. It'll take a miracle at this point. Au's ball, need a 3 pointer to go into OT. Hold your breath.

CRAP! AU missed 2 - 3 point shots, then fouled GA. It's over. AU went stone cold shooting toward the end.

Edit... game over Ga. 59 AU 54. What a disappointing season. Ugh.

Man thats too bad especially to get 2 shots at it. We sure shot tons of threes at a terrible percentage. Oh well, WDE anyway.

You got that right... I survived Barfield... WDE anyway.

It's like which team wants to lose more. About 7 minutes left, AU up by 1. Some really sloppy ball by both teams.

Seems like it's been that way for a few years now in this game. And :au: often ends up as that team.

I'm very irritated that Auburn has lost to South Carolina and Georgia back to back at home. Dave Odom is stepping down after this and Felton is probably going to be fired and yet they leave BEMC with a win. I don't know if Auburn has mailed it in since the season is basically over or what.

I'm very irritated that Auburn has lost to South Carolina and Georgia back to back at home. Dave Odom is stepping down after this and Felton is probably going to be fired and yet they leave BEMC with a win. I don't know if Auburn has mailed it in since the season is basically over or what.

You act as if playing at BEMC is an advantage. I think the depression that sets in with the team when they see/hear the crowd makes it a disadvantage.

Just got back from the game. Four things:

1) Whoever says playing a Beard Eaves is a disadvantage is an f'n MORON. It's ALWAYS better to play at home with your fan base. Have you seen Auburn's road record vs home record? Auburn's two away wins are at Ole Miss and at LSU. Only two home wins (Ole Miss and Alabama) in conference, but at least the games are close at home. And the crowd is not going to change when the new arena comes in. People don't come to games due to a combination of a non-winning program and people don't want to drive 2 hours for a basketball game, especially during the middle of the week.

2) The kids play hard, but our shooting was just bad. UGA playing poor kept us in the ballgame. Lucas Hargrove had a SICK dunk off the missed 3-pt shot. It was CRAZY!

3) Near the end of the game it took too long to foul. The reason: Jeff Lebo screwed up. What was he thinking? Tolbert hits two free throws with 4 fouls. Why the hell did he not come out of the game? We HAD to foul. Him not being able to foul made it virtually 4 on 5. UGA for about 10 seconds had one man open. It should've been longer, but the UGA kid kept the ball when two AU kids had to run about 10 feet to catch up and foul. If he passed the ball, Auburn may have never gotten a chance.

3B) Auburn got the rebound at the end of the game with about 4 seconds left and we called a Time out down 3. But UGA stole the ball a split second before the official blew his whistle. My dad is an official and he admitted the officials blew this one. If the whistle is blown for a TO, then the team with the ball has the ball. You can't call a TO without the ball. Therefore, the official must've changed it to an inadvertent whistle, in which UGA would get the ball via the possession arrow. Even so, the Auburn kid should've made sure he had the ball.

4) Still glad to be in Auburn. Got to go to the Barbeque House just before the game. Apparently the ticket office gave away a bunch of free tickets. My dad got an e-mail for free tickets and has no idea how.

I love how everyone who disagrees with you is an fn moron. I actually said it in a joking manner, but its not far from the truth. Im not even talking about more people coming - which is pretty sad in itself. Im talking about the fans we have constantly sitting on their butts and being quiet. Im just tired of AU fans being lazy (the same goes for baseball). That's all it is, unless they are just embarrassed to cheer for Auburn. Some people will go the whole game without standing up, but the minute a potential tshirt is available they spring to their feet like a bunch of animals. A lot of high school student sections get louder than ours.

You think the players don't notice? Look at their play and comments following the UAT game. They notice. Our court is like a neutral court most of the time. Most other teams actually have an advantage.

It looked to me from this game and the South Carolina game that our guys are mentally and physically beaten down tired...

They have had to play ALOT of minutes... with the lack of depth there was no chance to be able to be "fresh" at this stage of the game...

It looked to me from this game and the South Carolina game that our guys are mentally and physically beaten down tired...

They have had to play ALOT of minutes... with the lack of depth there was no chance to be able to be "fresh" at this stage of the game...

I agree they just dont have the same intensity on either side of the ball that they once had for whatever reason. They also say the first thing to go when you get tired is your shot with the legs and all. In both games we played pretty well opening and then just hit a wall.

Well...two more games and HOPEFULLY we will have a full deck come November of 2008.

When you play 3/4 of the season with basically 7 guys, it's bound to wear on you. Even if the teams we played had losing records, it's not like are that much more talented than them. And definitely not deeper than them. We just are tired and the shots aren't falling. It has nothing to do with a home court advantage, a lack thereof, or fans sitting on their hands (as they will always do).

FYI, it looks like UGA will fire Felton if we are beaten in the first round of the SEC Tournament

Just a rumor but one that a few believe will happen

May not but looks like it will per some

WOOOHHHHHH!

Many are already listing possible people we should go after....it is rather comical

I would list them but I am afraid of possibly killing people from laughter

Many are already listing possible people we should go after....it is rather comical

I would list them but I am afraid of possibly killing people from laughter

Bobby Knight?

Kelvin Sampson?

Hugh Durham?

Someone actually mentioned how we should hire Pat Knight :lol:

No, I meant coaches that have NO REASON whatsoever to go to UGA where they are at yet some believe we would be a better fit

Why? Just because

Archived