ESPN 150 list is out

runswithscissors

the ESPN 150 list has finally been released. i haven't seen a thread on it yet, so i thought i would post.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/...acker%2fespn150

a breakdown of each SEC team by how many commits they have from the list:

LSU - 9

UGA - 6

UF - 4

UA - 3

UT - 3

USC - 2

UM - 1

ARKY - 0

AU - 0

UK - 0

OM - 0

VANDY - 0

i'm pretty sure UA will sign 4-5 more guys from the list, but i guess we'll see.

So is #1-20 all going to sign with Saban? Is this how me makes his list of kids to offer?

1 Matt Barkley QB 6'3" 222 CA 93 USC

2 Russell Shepard ATH 6'1" 183 TX 93 Louisiana State

3 Aaron Murray QB 6'1" 198 FL 93 Georgia

4 Devon Kennard DE 6'3" 257 AZ 91 None

5 Dre Kirkpatrick CB 6'2" 180 AL 90 None

6 Manti Te'o OLB 6'2" 230 HI 88 None

7 Jacobbi McDaniel DT 6'0" 267 FL 87 Florida State

8 Craig Loston S 6'2" 193 TX 87 Clemson

9 Jelani Jenkins OLB 6'1" 210 MD 86 None

10 Rueben Randle WR 6'3" 195 LA 86 None

11 Jaamal Berry RB 5'11" 185 FL 86 None

12 Trent Richardson RB 5'11" 210 FL 85 Alabama

13 Mason Walters OT 6'7" 285 TX 85 Texas

14 Bryce Brown RB 6'0" 212 KS 85 Miami (FL)

15 Damario Jeffery S 6'3" 217 SC 85 South Carolina

16 Dorian Bell OLB 6'0" 226 PA 85 Ohio State

17 Marlon Brown WR 6'5" 205 TN 85 None

18 Ray Ray Armstrong ATH 6'4" 215 FL 84 None

19 Devonte Holloman S 6'2" 213 SC 84 Clemson

20 Vontaze Burfict ILB 6'2" 244 CA

So is #1-20 all going to sign with Saban? Is this how me makes his list of kids to offer?

what in the world are you talking about?

what in the world are you talking about?

What he said.........

also, here is the updated scorecard for commits so far and where teams rank on ESPN's list, and how many commits they have:

LSU #2 17

UGA #4 12

UF #7 9

UA #11 13

UT #12 17

USC #15 12

MSU #26 18

AU #31 22

ARKY #37 9

OM #43 7

VAND #45 9

UK #50 14

Yea, RWS found another ranking where bama is ahead of us. Poor bbay can't find one related to anything happening on the field.

Man, as bad as we are apparently going to be in the next few years, I am so excited about not hearing any more excuses about why we keep winning on the field

Yea, RWS found another ranking where bama is ahead of us. Poor bbay can't find one related to anything happening on the field.

i never even mentioned anything about AU.....get over yourself.

i was pretty impressed with the insane classes UGA and LSU are bringing in though.

• 2 weeks later...

:au: So what. What a stupid, irrelevant list this is. These guys haven't even played their final season in high school........ :au:

yeah, i mean, we may as well get rid of any kind of recruiting rankings for every player in the country too until they play their senior season. because you know, anything they do before their senior season is irrelevant. hey they should employ the same reasoning in NCAA ball too. nobody should be awarded any kind of Heisman, All-SEC, anything until after their senior season. because the way they played any year before their senior year is completely irrelevant. as a matter of fact, lets just stop keeping stats on ANYBODY in HS and NCAA ball until their senior season. how they played before their senior season is irrelevant, so whats the point in keeping stats?

:au: So what. What a stupid, irrelevant list this is. These guys haven't even played their final season in high school........ :au:

All offers Auburn has extended must also be considered "stupid and irrelevant" seeing that they haven't played their final high school season, too, right?

Same goes for commitments. Stupid. Irrelevant.

All offers Auburn has extended must also be considered "stupid and irrelevant" seeing that they haven't played their final high school season, too, right?

Same goes for commitments. Stupid. Irrelevant.

no WC, all offers ANY school in the country has to any of these kids is stupid and irrelevant. i don't see how every coach in the country can be so stupid that they don't realize the only season that matters in a HS kids' career is his senior season. we need somebody like Tigerwalkin to show these coaches how it is done. just think of the money that could be saved by stopping the recruiting trips, the trips out to schools to evaluate, the trips or phone calls to check academic status, etc.

:au: Alright girls, go and play on your forums.

Half of these guys will drop out of the "TOP 150" and others will take their place.....AFTER they have completed their final season. :au:

Half of these guys will drop out of the "TOP 150" and others will take their place.....AFTER they have completed their final season. :au:

translation:

pwned.

translation:

pwned.

I was under the impression that our verbal commitments recieve an additional star.

• 1 month later...

i never even mentioned anything about AU.....get over yourself.

i was pretty impressed with the insane classes UGA and LSU are bringing in though.

No, you just come to an AU board to brag about YOUR recruiting class. B)

:au::homer:

So, does ESPN rank JUCO and Prep prospects? They stated that Auburn has 22, when Auburn has 26 commitments. I'm just guessing that they aren't counting the JUCO and Prep. Oh Well....Auburn just picked up the #1 Post Grad RB in the Country today. WDE

So, does ESPN rank JUCO and Prep prospects? They stated that Auburn has 22, when Auburn has 26 commitments. I'm just guessing that they aren't counting the JUCO and Prep. Oh Well....Auburn just picked up the #1 Prep RB in the Country today. WDE

according to ESPN, AU has 25 commits (they have not updated for McCalebb yet) i have no idea if they do give JUCO/Prep guys a ranking and when they do rank them if so.

oh well......i guess we will just have to settle for the #1 RB in the country. wait, what school will he be defecting to this week?

So, does ESPN rank JUCO and Prep prospects? They stated that Auburn has 22, when Auburn has 26 commitments. I'm just guessing that they aren't counting the JUCO and Prep. Oh Well....Auburn just picked up the #1 Prep RB in the Country today. WDE

according to ESPN, AU has 25 commits (they have not updated for McCalebb yet) i have no idea if they do give JUCO/Prep guys a ranking and when they do rank them if so.

oh well......i guess we will just have to settle for the #1 RB in the country. wait, what school will he be defecting to this week?

So, when you stated that ESPN has Auburn ranked 31st in the Country with (22) prospects...I'm guessing you were wrong? When at the time the rankings were done, Auburn had 25. Also, is there a link for the updated ESPN Team Rankings that you posted?

Oh Well.....Looks like Florida or LSU will be a pretty big time player for the #2 HS RB in the Country, right now, I'm hearing UF is getting some strong looks from him. And, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with them.

So, when you stated that ESPN has Auburn ranked 31st in the Country with (22) prospects...I'm guessing you were wrong? When at the time the rankings were done, Auburn had 25. Also, is there a link for the updated ESPN Team Rankings that you posted?

Oh Well.....Looks like Florida or LSU will be a pretty big time player for the #2 HS RB in the Country, right now, I'm hearing UF is getting some strong looks from him. And, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with them.

are you on crack? i created this thread August 8th, and thats when the rankings were posted. how did AU have 25 commits on August 8th, 4 guys commited, and now you have 26? :gofig: now that ESPN has accounted for McCalebb, they have you as having 26 commited.

as for the current class rankings, here is the updated link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/...&id=3530137

he only gives the first 10 teams, so who knows. here is a quote i was surprised to see:

As for the rest of the Top 10, here's the deal: We have decided to shuffle things up a bit. With the announcement of the ESPNU 150 now complete, we sat down as a group and argued many points for and against each team. In our opinion, the USC Trojans are the team that we felt had a slight leg up at this stage. So they take over the No. 1 spot in our team rankings.

i mean, at least with Scout and Rivals there is a numeric formula for ranking a recruit and a class. not just sitting around with a box of Krispy Kreme for 10 minutes and just deciding on your own who goes where.

My bad, I didn't notice the date of the thread.

he only gives the first 10 teams, so who knows.

That's what I saw, and I was just wondering if there was another list somewhere else. Chomping at the bit, just doesn't do anything for me and I hope that they eventually finish their boxes of KK and hammer out the rest of the list.

Yeah, you'd think that ESPN would have some sort of Number System.....But, if you think about it, more than likely they'll come pretty close to what the other services have. I know they ranked uat third last year, when everyone else had them #1, until Rivals re-evaluated the classes and put y'all #2 behind ND. But still, as I've said before, if your team's recruiting classes averages out to a Top 15 or Top 10 class every four years, then more than likely, you'll have a really good to a Damn Good football team.

Archived