McCain's Medical Records

Raven_tiger

Raises several question due to the cancer and his age.

McCain's Records

McCain Medical Records, Cancer History, Raised By Top Dems

September 17, 2008 11:54 AM

With three prominent Democratic senators now on record raising the issue of John McCain's health, and an independent group set to make a push for the full release of the Arizonan's medical records later this week, the issue of the Republican nominee's age is being dragged further out into the political spotlight.

Speaking to ABC's George Stephanopolous on Sunday, Sen. Claire McCaskill refused to back away from her statement, earlier in the week, that Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin wants to serve one heartbeat away from "one of the oldest presidents" in history. Given the opportunity to walk back the remarks -- which McCain aides derided as ageism -- McCaskill did the opposite, saying: "I think what we're talking about is a reality. Other people talk about his melanoma. We're talking about a reality here that we have to face."

In the Senate Democratic cloakroom, at least, she's not alone. During the Democratic convention, OpenLeft's Matt Stoller asked Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and senior New York Senator Charles Schumer about McCain's cancer history. Both replied that a full release of McCain's medical records would be an appropriate way to satisfy the public's right to know.

"We learned that going back a long time ago...when Tom Eagleton, because of his depression, had had shock treatment. So this isn't something we just dreamed up, it's important," Reid said, adding, "I think there should be total transparency when a person is running for President of the United States." Schumer took a similar line: "When you're running for President everything should be public including your full medical records."

But on Thursday, the progressive group Brave New Films is prepared to list the names of 2,000 doctors who say McCain's word is not sufficient on this score, and that he should release his entire medical records to the public. Previously, McCain made his medical records available to select members of the press for only a few hours -- a time span during which electronic devices were prohibited and copies could not be made.

(You can read the text of the Brave New Films letter signed by doctors, and watch an accompanying video, here.)

While McCain's choice of a relative unknown like Sarah Palin has been praised as genius politics in some circles, it appears her selection may have also opened the door to more direct implications about the senator's age and health. Whether or not that increased attention sways any voters, however, remains to be seen.

What is McCain hiding?

Raises several question due to the cancer and his age.

What is McCain hiding?

He isn't hiding anything.

The only question it raises, is that howard dean is a douche bag.

Hey, I got a deal for you. Any amount of mcash you want to wager. I will get copies of McCain's medical records if you first bring me a copy of Bill Clinton's medical records or John Kerry's service record.

BTW, you will never get even one.

Hey, I got a deal for you. Any amount of mcash you want to wager. I will get copies of McCain's medical records if you first bring me a copy of Bill Clinton's medical records or John Kerry's service record.

Is that because you have another inside source???

What office is Bill Clinton running for that should require him to disclose his medical records today?

John Kerry's medical records??? You mean these:

kerry service records

After that tangent, back to the question. What is John Kerry hiding? Why no full disclosure of his medical records?

Is that because you have another inside source???

What office is Bill Clinton running for that should require him to disclose his medical records today?

kerry service records

After that tangent, back to the question. What is John Kerry hiding? Why no full disclosure of his medical records?

What? Your confusing me! Do you mean Barack Obama? :poke:

DKW seems to think that Bill Clinton and John Kerry are still running for the "public" office of the president! Living in the past just like a Bama fan and a Republican!

Kerry has said for 100 times that he would release ALL his service records. He hasnt and I think he still runs for Senate, just in case you forgot.

Clinton, never released his medical records all the while running for the presidency. The press were only given access to part of his records ala McCain. So why the fuss?

Funny, no lib in America seemed to have a problem with that. BTW, I am not supporting McCain after his bailout fiasco. He is just another politician just like Obama.

Kerry has said for 100 times that he would release ALL his service records. He hasnt and I think he still runs for Senate, just in case you forgot.

Clinton, never released his medical records all the while running for the presidency. The press were only given access to part of his records ala McCain. So why the fuss?

Funny, no lib in America seemed to have a problem with that. BTW, I am not supporting McCain after his bailout fiasco. He is just another politician just like Obama.

McCain IS 72!!!!! HE HAS HAD EVERY TYPE OF SKIN CANCER!!!! MALIGNANT MELANOMA IS VERY SERIOUS!!!!! I think it is better we find out if he is sick or not now before he gets into office!

Another McCain Health Article

updated 4:55 p.m. EDT, Thu May 22, 2008

(CNN) -- Sen. John McCain will give select members of the media a three-hour glimpse at his medical records Friday.

Sen. John McCain will release his medical records to a select group of reporters on Friday.

If elected, McCain, the 71-year-old presumed Republican nominee, would be the oldest president of the United States, beating Ronald Reagan by three years on inauguration day.

Presidents and candidates have released records in the past, and some, like McCain, have stipulated that the records cannot leave the room.

McCain, a cancer survivor, is particularly under pressure to prove to the public that he is physically fit for office.

Democratic candidates Sen. Barack Obama and Sen. Hillary Clinton have not made their health records public, but whoever secures the nomination probably will, said David Mark, senior editor at Politico.

McCain has told reporters not to expect surprises, and that doctors told him everything is fine.

In 2000, the Arizona senator was diagnosed with invasive melanoma, the most serious form of skin cancer, on his left temple. He has a scar and swelling on his left cheek as a result of the operation to remove the cancer that year. In his life, McCain has had four melanomas.

"My health is excellent. I see my dermatologist every three months," McCain said in April 2007.

Heart disease, the leading cause of death in America, could be a risk factor for McCain because of his age and family history, making his blood pressure and cholesterol levels relevant. His campaign said he takes baby aspirin to prevent heart attacks, as well as Vytorin to lower cholesterol.

His father, Adm. John S. McCain Jr., died of a heart attack at age 70.

For most of his adult life, McCain has lived with physical disabilities and trauma as a result of his experience as a Navy pilot in Vietnam. Both his arms and one of his legs were broken when a Vietnamese missile shot down his U.S. Navy A-4E Skyhawk over Hanoi in 1967.

Other injuries included a bayonet stabbing and kicking and punching from a mob that discovered him. As a prisoner of war for more than five years, he also endured torture.

Today, more than 30 years after being released from prison, McCain is not able to fully raise his arms. He sometimes experiences knee aches that result in a visible limp, Time Magazine reported.

McCain last revealed his medical records in 1999, making 1,500 pages of records available to reporters when he was competing with George W. Bush for the Republican nomination. The records spanned his time in the Navy to his failed bid for the White House.

The newer batch of records has strict security guidelines attached. Only certain news networks and newspapers will be permitted to enter the room, and they will have only three hours to examine the papers.

No cell phones or Internet access will be allowed in the room, located in a resort outside Phoenix, Arizona. Copying the records is also prohibited.

Anyone who leaves the room for any reason except the bathroom will not be allowed back.

McCain's campaign says the rules allow for a "thorough and substantive review" of McCain's medical history.

Although the document-viewing window closes after three hours, the campaign plans to post some details of McCain's medical history on the senator's Web site. This will include summaries from each of the doctors who have treated him.

And what office exactly is George Bush running for?

kerry service records

Actually that is not John Kerry's entire service record.

DKW seems to think that Bill Clinton and John Kerry are still running for the "public" office of the president! Living in the past just like a Bama fan and a Republican!

And what office exactly is George Bush running for?

McCain IS 72!!!!! HE HAS HAD EVERY TYPE OF SKIN CANCER!!!! MALIGNANT MELANOMA IS VERY SERIOUS!!!!! I think it is better we find out if he is sick or not now before he gets into office!

You never exaggerate do you?

There are a lot of people who think we should know the full extent of the Obama - Ayers relationship.

Archived