Why banish WARTIM?

jaydubb121

Why would you go to the trouble of publicly demanding that Tim change his ways and then kick him out anyway?

That was David's call and it's not a banning, it's a seven day suspension. He felt that a rest from the board was in order.

He will be allowed back on the board on Saturday and given a chance to prove that he's changed his ways.

Does he know he's been suspended? Was slinky given the seven day cooling off period too? You can't really argue with yourself you know.

Well since he's reading this post right now, I guess he does. I'm not privy to every conversation between Tim and David.

SouthLink has been on the receiving end of a lot more crap from Tim than he's dished out. In probably 90% of the flamefests involving Tim, it's he that exacerbates the situation, not the other person. If we think SouthLink gets out of line, we'll deal with him. It's not like we're afraid to pull the trigger on a rival poster. Ask ugababe, Jean LaFitte or LSUtigah if you don't think that's so.

I'm not trying to get myself suspended or anything, I'm just askin'. Maybe y'all should of gotten together before you made your ultimatum post. Seems stupid to me to put a threat out there like that and then go ahead to your third choice anyway.

We don't suspend or ban people for asking questions.

I put the ultimatum up there, but when David got back to the boards the next day, he decided he'd seen enough and gave Tim a week's vacation anyway. He and Tim can hash that out.

A cooling off period may be a good thing and give Tim the opportunity to decide if he wants to continue on the board. Things were getting out of hand. I can handle the one-liners and usually just overlooked the "$puat, snot-nosed puppy coach, skinny kid in the dark pink jersey" response to every subject. But, when things deteriorate to the point of calling someone out for an A$$ whooping, something had to be done. I'm like Jaydubb. I don't know what went on behind the scenes. I don't care either. It just should not have spilled over to this board.

I think Tim is obviously the most passionate AU fan on the board and I hope he comes back with a new attitude. He would probably add a lot if he would put his mind to contributing to the subject at hand and not throwing a jab at rival teams and posters in every single post.

Here's to Tim's return.

I am doubtful that the cooling off period will change attitudes. He'll just be goaded into confrontations with others who don't agree. Besides his attitude is allright. If he just puts his mind to contributing to the subject at hand and not throwing jabs at rival posters, he might as well stay gone. Nice knowin' ya WARTIM.

If he just puts his mind to contributing to the subject at hand and not throwing jabs at rival posters, he might as well stay gone.

I feel the same way. If the old WarTim comes back after Saturday, then it will be a short-lived return so it would probably be best if he just stayed gone.

Look, no one ever said (in fact, I know I said pretty much the opposite) that ribbing a rival or making a sarcastic remark is not allowed. The problem with WarTim almost from the beginning is that he has no internal guide that tells him when enough is enough. It gets to where almost every post he makes contains a jab at somebody. Most of the time it's Bama or their fans or other rivals. Sometimes it's liberals. But sighting a WarTim post without some jab or another is like spotting Sasquatch or the Loch Ness Monster. That gets old really quick and frankly, was allowed to go on too long in his case. He puts out more lame-ass jokes and comments per minute than Amateur Night at the Apollo.

I find it amazing that you and he cannot see the difference in what most posters who love Auburn, hate bammer, and give rivals a hard time now and then do and what WarTim does almost constantly.

I don't remember stating that I don't see a difference. I do. And I agreed with your Friday post about chilling out(even though that post is deleted now). So save your amazement for another subject.

I don't remember stating that I don't see a difference. I do. And I agreed with your Friday post about chilling out(even though that post is deleted now). So save your amazement for another subject.

Hmm. My bad. I guess this quote:

Besides his attitude is allright.

...and the subsequent sentiment that basically said that if WT was to change his ways, he may was well stay gone threw me off. Seems to me that someone who sees a difference in WT's attitude as displayed on this board wouldn't make such a statement. Silly me. :roll:

Which begs the question "Why would a grown man feel obligated to stir **** up at every available opportunity?" That is something you might expect out of an obnoxious pre-teen, not someone who should know better.

I think the ignore button will be a welcome addition.

Hmm. My bad. I guess this quote:

Besides his attitude is allright.

...and the subsequent sentiment that basically said that if WT was to change his ways, he may was well stay gone threw me off. Seems to me that someone who sees a difference in WT's attitude as displayed on this board wouldn't make such a statement. Silly me. :roll:

What I was trying to say(not very well I might add), is that Tim doesn't have a bad attitude. Now what he posts here sometimes might seem that way, and I realize that's all y'all have to go on. But that's just not really Tim. He does get carried away here at times.

And I was saying that if he comes back and doesn't take ANY shots at ANYONE, there's no sense in WarTim returning. It wouldn't be him.

Your sarcasm and condescending tone towards me are greatly appreciated, as I for one appreciate that demeanor in folks.

Ignore buttons are not necessary to ignore people but if that helps people, I too, look forward to the added feature.

So save your amazement for another subject.

Again, sorry. I tend to get a little more sarcastic when I get snotty replies. It's apparent that I misunderstood what you were trying to say which resulted in a downward spiral in the level of discourse from there. I think it would be best for all involved to just drop the subject for now and let Tim determine his future here starting on Saturday.

I concur whole-heartedly with your assessment of the current situation and will abide accordingly.

However, as a personal sacrifice to members of the surrounding communities I will be lifting my moratorium on football discussions during the offseason so someone(who will remain nameless), will be able to vent and discuss issues somewhere. My, this seven days is looking longer all the time.

jay,

WarTim is suspended. That means he doesn't get to post neither through his own keyboard or that of a surrogate. Please abide by this. Tim could use a cooling off period anyway.

I concur whole-heartedly with your assessment of the current situation and will abide accordingly.

However, as a personal sacrifice to members of the surrounding communities I will be lifting my moratorium on football discussions during the offseason so someone(who will remain nameless), will be able to vent and discuss issues somewhere. My, this seven days is looking longer all the time.

LOL . believe me I will in no way even attempt to be a surrogate poster for WarTim. I'm just saying he can unload on me this week, instead of y'all. Methinks me must need an English class. Can't seem to get lucid points across today. Oh, never mind. It's Monday.

Guest AuNuma1

Let's not forget that this is a FREE forum that David has allowed us to post our OPINIONS on. When it's obvious that someone is acting like a pest and is also generously given a break from the site by the OWNER, what reason do you have for getting so bent out of shape? Why would you even care? :huh:

To ask why he was kicked off after being told to shape up or leave. Was given the chance to do neither.

IMHO, Tim is by far not the first person I would kick off this board for be <_< ing controversial, obnoxious, etc. I have my moments with Tim too but don't see cause to kick him off or dictate that he change his attitude. Did someone request a suspension? In fact, If WT is ever kicked off the board permanently, I will have to seriously consider my own future participation. Hold the cheers please. :D

Jay, You obviously know the guy and said you'll be talking to him this week. I know I don't speak for everyone and won't try to, but I do think most folks don't mind a good natured jab and I, for one, would not want Tim back without seeing a few from him. I mean, who else is going to keep the bammers in line? :P

I don't want to see the guy go and I'd ask you to simply encourage him to tone down the shots a little and just try to offer a little input to whatever subject being discussed. He can always sneak in a snot nosed puppy coach barb at the end. B)

It appears the mods have reached their limit, and maybe rightfully so. His feud with Link just got way out of hand and wound up in the wrong place. It's just that Tim has been an incredibly faithful participant on this board and it'd be a shame to lose him. Again, I'm only addressing you cause' you know the guy. If you have any influence, do us a favor and talk to him and get him back on the board to discuss some Auburn football. (And throw in the occasional skinny kid wearing the dark pink jersey shot :poke: )

Archived