NEW YORK YANKEE THREAD

AUAeroEngineer

Can we get a mod to delete this thread or lock it or something so that it goes away. Baseball is for losers that can't play a real sport like football or hockey.

Unless your name is Bo Jackson.

Thank you Westie. I needed a good laugh this morning.

wow 7 posts on that World Series thread. Damn it exciting tonight Tigers oh my bad Rangers I think their in Tx. ahead. J/K guys love the World Series you got to realize its just not the same w/o the Yankees hate them or not.

• 5 weeks later...

Come on baseball season

If you're a Yankees fan you gotta be thrilled with the Red Sox's hire of Bobby Valentine. That man is a damn fool.

Come on baseball season

If you're a Yankees fan you gotta be thrilled with the Red Sox's hire of Bobby Valentine. That man is a damn fool.

Best news I heard in a long time. His not only a fool but a damn nut case.

• 1 month later...

Posada to make retirement official

A very good hard nose player. All 17 years with The Yankees

Former Yankees catcher and designated hitter Jorge Posada will announce his retirement Tuesday at Yankee Stadium, the team announced this morning.

The news comes as no surprise, although Posada, 40, headed into this offseason as a free agent with the intention of continuing his career.

Jorge Posada was a five-time All-Star. (AP Photo)However, as a market for him failed to develop, he admitted to losing the fire required to prepare for the coming season. He confirmed to MLB.com last week that he was done.

Posada finishes his 17-season career, all with the Yankees, with a .273 career batting average, with 1,664 hits and 275 home runs, and was a five-time All-Star. He was part of Yankees World Championships in 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2009.

However, Posada's last season in pinstripes was noteworth for its acrimony, which became public in May when he asked to be removed from the lineup in a nationally televised game against the Red Sox. Posada was angry because manager Joe Girardi had dropped him to ninth in the batting order.

Things eventually were smoothed over, although it was clear that Posada wasn’t going to return to the Yankees, even after projected DH Jesus Montero was traded to the Mariners last week. The team and Posada are on good enough terms that his retirement announcement will be made at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Yankee Stadium.

Not being a Yankee fan, he was the one I hated seeing come to the plate in a crucial situation.  More times than not if they needed a big hit he would provide it.  Didn't like him but always respected him for his abilities.  

I despise the Yanks but I never minded Posada and Jeter much. They were/are both professionals and spent a long time with New York--unlike the rest of the purchased roster.

• 3 weeks later...