UGA wins national title...

quietfan

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38524448/ns/us_news-life/

We're No. 1! UGA tops party schools ranking

ATLANTA — The University of Georgia won a national title this year — top party school.

The Princeton Review announced Monday that Georgia is the No. 1 party school on its now infamous annual ranking. The school of about 30,000 students has been on the list 10 times since the ranking was created in 1992, but this is the first time the university has taken the top spot.

For the campus — surrounded by nearly 100 bars in tiny downtown Athens — parties are just part of life from August to May each year. Many students gear up for the weekend on Thursdays and sometimes don't rest until Monday morning.

"That's what people look forward to starting Thursday — Thursday night is the new Friday night," said junior Andrew Chappell, 20. "The party atmosphere is such a big part of Georgia."

University of Georgia spokesman Tom Jackson said the list is not one the school wants to lead. He said he'd rather emphasize that the school made Princeton Review's top 50 "Best Values" list or the "Green Honor Roll" of the nation's top environmentally conscious campuses.

Georgia beat out Pennsylvania State University, West Virginia University and University of Florida — which were the top party schools over the last three years. Those three made the top 10 this year, while Ohio University ranked second.

Guess ex-AD Damon Evans was leading the way to national titles in some things... :rolleyes::poke:

Here's the thing..... I was at Auburn from 1996-2002. Thursdays were MY FAVORITE nights, b/c everyone was ready to party their asses off. Personally, when I was in school I would of been proud to of gotten this award, b/c trust me, we earned it! I guess partying isn't good for some students, but for alot , that freedom is worth it's price in gold! As for me, I wouldn't trade those late nights, random hookups, random road trips, penny liquor nghts, or even the hungver breakfast of bloody marys for the world! ( not that I still act like that, just sayin it was important and fun as he'll then)

Archived