Comments on Brandon Henderson's cool-ade story

AUTigressPen

I love this article, but I don't think Brandon went far enough.  I think the play of Mike Dyer and Ontario McCaleb has been great too.....especially the past few weeks. 

I have been drinking orange cool-ade for many years.  So far, this is one of the best seasons, and that cool-ade is tasting better all the time. 

WDE!!  Go after Ole Miss!

:wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle:

I hear people talking about "Drinking the Kool-Aid" all the time.  Announcer's do it constantly.  Coaches even talk about it.

I wonder if they know where the saying comes from???  I wonder if they know it was a mass cult suicide where almost 1000 people died?

Not trying to condemn anyone for saying it.  I don't judge anyone, especially on something petty like what saying they prefer to use.  But I bet people would be shocked if they knew the origin of the saying.

I hear people talking about "Drinking the Kool-Aid" all the time.  Announcer's do it constantly.  Coaches even talk about it.

I wonder if they know where the saying comes from???  I wonder if they know it was a mass cult suicide where almost 1000 people died?

Not trying to condemn anyone for saying it.  I don't judge anyone, especially on something petty like what saying they prefer to use.  But I bet people would be shocked if they knew the origin of the saying.

I'm very familiar with the origin of the saying and it doesn't shock me.  Then again, I prosecute pedophiles for a living so nothing really shocks me.

It's the origin of the saying that gives it meaning.  I prefer to use it in negative contexts, i.e., "Stupid kool-aid drinking bammers."  I don't drink orange kool-aid.  I wear orange and blue colored sunglasses.

Well I was told that I was drinking the orange cool-ade at the beginning of the season, so just quoting those that thought I was crazy. Its drinking cool-ade if you think I am crazy, its orange and blue sunglasses if you are trying to be nice.

Well I was told that I was drinking the orange cool-ade at the beginning of the season, so just quoting those that thought I was crazy. Its drinking cool-ade if you think I am crazy, its orange and blue sunglasses if you are trying to be nice.

I don't care if you drink O&B koolaid.  As long as you leave some for me we're alright!

Have y'all realized we've been the favorite in every game played this year?

It's just that...after all the turmoil since the 2008 season....this is so much fun! Pour me a glass and fill it to the rim. :thumbsup:

sign me up!!

:we:

Did somebody mention that the reference is to how Jim Jones used a juice drink to poison his followers in Guyana?  Drinking the Kool-Aid means thinking you're getting something that's good for you when it's actually dangerous.

Did somebody mention that the reference is to how Jim Jones used a juice drink to poison his followers in Guyana?  Drinking the Kool-Aid means thinking you're getting something that's good for you when it's actually dangerous.

how did you come up with that when those people knew exactly what was in the drink? they werent told the drink was good for them, they were brainwashed into believing Jones was their path to salvation.

Archived