Surprise Recruit To AU?

aun

A recruit not talked about a lot is Bluechip DB prospect Wayne Lyons.

He will likely be a TIGER in the end and a HUGE pickup at that in addition to Rose, Florence, Roberson, and others.

gonna need a little more from you than 'just trust me on on this one'

I seriously doubt a kid who has never been to Auburn..., doesnt give us one of his five officials... would come here sight unseen

===========

per his own words on a rivals article on 10/25

He has visited UCLA and Notre Dame..., and after the season his final 3 official visits will be to Nebraska, Stanford, and Michagan.

Every recruiting service has Auburn nowhere to be found..., and no insiders or mods on the pay sites have him even listed as a remote possibility

I get that; but he aint committing without setting foot on campus..., and from his own words on his latest update he has no plans to visit Auburn.

in noels defense, noone saw Benton coming.

only the coaches and the recruits know whats really going on

even the mods here are always going to be slightly in the dark on true intents

I get that; but he aint committing without setting foot on campus..., and from his own words on his latest update he has no plans to visit Auburn

i dont remember Benton visiting us actually, Bonomolo didnt visit us i dont think either

I get that; but he aint committing without setting foot on campus..., and from his own words on his latest update he has no plans to visit Auburn

i dont remember Benton visiting us actually, Bonomolo didnt visit us i dont think either

I know for a fact Benton visited us. He left without talking to any reporters.

People, give him the benefit of te doubt. If he's wrong then you can stake him to an ant hill, but let's just wait and see before we do it.  BTW, I hope your right.

I wouldn't bet against anyone that Tommy Thigpen is recruiting...for all the talk about Trooper, Gus, and Rocker, Thigpen often gets overlooked.  He's as good a recruiter as anybody out there!  Heck, Rivals has honored him in their Top 25 Recruiters list multiple times.

On Rivals it shows he has low interest in us. I will take your word for it though man stranger things have happened before. Here is to Lyons coming to AU  :we:

Scouts has Wayne Lyons, @ med interest and AU offer = Yes. No visit date.

School        Interest                  offer            official visit

Auburn Med Interest         Yes   None

Michigan Med Interest         Yes   None

Nebraska     Med Interest         Yes   None

Notre Dame Med Interest Yes 09/11/2010

Stanford       Med Interest Yes   None

UCLA             Med Interest        Yes   09/18/2010

Florida     Low Interest         Yes None

Florida State Low Interest Yes   None

Miami (Fl)     Low Interest  Yes   None

Lyons does have interests in Auburn. I'm not sure if Auburn will take him or not. It's all according to how the numbers shake out secondary wise.

Lyons does have interests in Auburn. I'm not sure if Auburn will take him or not. It's all according to how the numbers shake out secondary wise.

This is why Lyons will not be a Tiger. Unless something along the lines of Blakely happens, DB's are all done except announcing. I will say that if something happens Lyons is not far down the list.

This is why Lyons will not be a Tiger. Unless something along the lines of Blakely happens, DB's are all done except announcing. I will say that if something happens Lyons is not far down the list.

Actually Noel might have something. Iv heard from people in the recruiting dept. that we are targeting lyons because issues came up with others

Don't forget guys. Lanier may not be AU on NSD so there would be room if that happens for Lyons and Florence at safety and Rose, Roberson, Therezie. and Whitehead or Dukes at CB...If that happens then that would be an AUSOME secondary!!!!!!!  :wedance:

There is no way our coaches pass on a guy like Lyons.  He is great academically and would only improve the image of the coaching staff.  Additionally he is a great player and we need all the great players we can get in the secondary.  With a high IQ like Lyons has, the sky is the limit.

People, give him the benefit of te doubt. If he's wrong then you can stake him to an ant hill, but let's just wait and see before we do it.  BTW, I hope your right.

I hope he is wrong because staking someone to an ant hill sounds like hella fun.

Noel where do you get info? You have a source or just guessing/hoping? He would be big but nothing points to him coming here.

Mr. I?  :dunno: J/k!  ;D Ironically enough there is a BRAND new interview on Scout.com's main page with Lyons. In it he does say that Auburn is STILL in the running, although he says that he will probably NOT take an official visit here. He claims to favor UCLA, Nebraska, Michigan, Auburn, Stanford and Notre Dame. He's already taken official visits to UCLA and Notre Dame. He claims to have had a REALLY good visit UCLA, but he says that he doesn't have a real "leader" yet. He had another official visit scheduled to Nebraska, but he decided to reschedule it, so that he could rehab his injured knee and be ready to play in his HS's last game of the season. Lyons says that for his final two official visits, he will probably use one to visit Michigan, and for the last one, he says he will "probably end up taking an official visit to Stanford over Auburn after the football season just to see it", because he says, "it’s a good school.”

When asked to describe what he liked at each school, Lyons said that UCLA was more than he expected, and is a program on the rise... Nebraska, b/c he would have the chance to play early, as they have several DB's leaving next year... Michigan, b/c of early PT, and b/c it's a good school... Stanford, b/c their academics, and b/c he thinks that they will be a Top 10 team soon... Notre Dame, b/c of their tradition and history... and Auburn, b/c of their coaching staff, who Lyons claims could "coach him up at his position".

It doesn't look good for AU in that interview, but who knows?!?  :dunno:

I tend to lean toward THIS vvv unfortunately.

The coaches only plan on taking 1 more safety so I find this highly unlikely.

Florence would get the nod here.

Archived