Surprise Recruit To AU?

aun

Noel where do you get info? You have a source or just guessing/hoping? He would be big but nothing points to him coming here.

Since Noel has referred the site to everyone on here before, I would imagine he gets his info from the auburn site on facebook.

Noel where do you get info? You have a source or just guessing/hoping? He would be big but nothing points to him coming here.

Since Noel has referred the site to everyone on here before, I would imagine he gets his info from the auburn site on facebook.

The Auburn site on facebook is my site. WDE!

This is just my take on his situation and I could be wrong but this is the way I see it. He may have decided to take his official visits(paid for) to places farther away that he is interested in and take unofficial visits(he and his family's money) to places like UF and AU that are a lot closer and not nearly as expensive to visit. He has also said that one of his major factors in his decision will be attending a great engineering program, which both UF and AU have. I know he has a lot of ties to UF, so that is why I assumed he was leaning there.

Mr. I?  :dunno: J/k!  ;D Ironically enough there is a BRAND new interview on Scout.com's main page with Lyons. In it he does say that Auburn is STILL in the running, although he says that he will probably NOT take an official visit here. He claims to favor UCLA, Nebraska, Michigan, Auburn, Stanford and Notre Dame. He's already taken official visits to UCLA and Notre Dame. He claims to have had a REALLY good visit UCLA, but he says that he doesn't have a real "leader" yet. He had another official visit scheduled to Nebraska, but he decided to reschedule it, so that he could rehab his injured knee and be ready to play in his HS's last game of the season. Lyons says that for his final two official visits, he will probably use one to visit Michigan, and for the last one, he says he will "probably end up taking an official visit to Stanford over Auburn after the football season just to see it", because he says, "it’s a good school.”

When asked to describe what he liked at each school, Lyons said that UCLA was more than he expected, and is a program on the rise... Nebraska, b/c he would have the chance to play early, as they have several DB's leaving next year... Michigan, b/c of early PT, and b/c it's a good school... Stanford, b/c their academics, and b/c he thinks that they will be a Top 10 team soon... Notre Dame, b/c of their tradition and history... and Auburn, b/c of their coaching staff, who Lyons claims could "coach him up at his position".

It doesn't look good for AU in that interview, but who knows?!?  :dunno:

I tend to lean toward THIS vvv unfortunately.

The coaches only plan on taking 1 more safety so I find this highly unlikely.

Florence would get the nod here.

;D DJ, hasn't Lyons been thought to be a heavy UF lean?

Well, I see a common denominator in all of his official visits.........far away from home.  He could always take a road trip to AU after the season and have time to see all he needs.  Just sayin.

That was the consensus thought from everyone, since his sister attends there currently. But with all of the youth in their secondary added to the fact that they ALREADY have FIVE DB's  :o committed there for this year, Lyons may have waited to long to board that ship, or either UF may have just not been able to wait for him to decide! Either way, he says that these are the schools that he is considering, and I don't have any reason to doubt him. If he was still SERIOUSLY considering UF, you would think he would've at LEAST mentioned taking another visit there at some point.

That was the consensus thought from everyone, since his sister attends there currently. But with all of the youth in their secondary added to the fact that they ALREADY have FIVE DB's  :o committed there for this year, Lyons may have waited to long to board that ship, or either UF may have just not been able to wait for him to decide! Either way, he says that these are the schools that he is considering, and I don't have any reason to doubt him. If he was still SERIOUSLY considering UF, you would think he would've at LEAST mentioned taking another visit there at some point.

Goodness, UF does have a lot of DB's committed plus they signed several TOP DBs last year as well. Good point. Well the door might've opened up for us then since we have an AUsome engineering program as well. I hope Noel is right. We could use all the DB help we can get, IMO. I wouldn't think he would be the type of recruit/player/student we would/could turn down.

Goodness, UF does have a lot of DB's committed plus they signed several TOP DBs last year as well. Good point. Well the door might've opened up for us then since we have an AUsome engineering program as well. I hope Noel is right. We could use all the DB help we can get, IMO. I wouldn't think he would be the type of recruit/player/student we would/could turn down.

I saw on ESPN's bottom line yesterday that UF kicked off Jonathan Dowling from the team for not following team rules or something like that. He was their top-ranked safety recruit last year.

People, give him the benefit of te doubt. If he's wrong then you can stake him to an ant hill, but let's just wait and see before we do it.  BTW, I hope your right.

I hope he is wrong because staking someone to an ant hill sounds like hella fun.

Logistics, man, logistics.  How would we all GET there?

With the news that Lanier is pretty much out, what Noel says makes sense. We have to take more than one safety in this class. We will be terribly thin next year if we just take Florence. Also, you have to remember his school Dillard is a major Auburn pipeline.

If Lanier doesn't qualify then maybe the coaches can sell to Lyons, MR, and EF that they could be apart of the something special as a whole along with JR. Should be easy to show they could come in play right away, especially with the DB play we have had this year.

With the news that Lanier is pretty much out, what Noel says makes sense. We have to take more than one safety in this class. We will be terribly thin next year if we just take Florence. Also, you have to remember his school Dillard is a major Auburn pipeline.

Or one more running back!!

I respectfully disagree. 2 backs will be enough to get us to the stellar 2012 class. We need all the quality DBs and safeties we can get.

I respectfully disagree. 2 backs will be enough to get us to the stellar 2012 class. We need all the quality DBs and safeties we can get.

And I respectivefully disagree.  But it's all ok;  Lord willing, I'll repeat this in February!!

And I respectivefully disagree.  But it's all ok;  Lord willing, I'll repeat this in February!!

:laugh:

We are in much better shape at RB than Db. I would hate to see us miss out on a super stud like TJ Yeldon for example next year because we take a 3rd true RB this year.

We should be using JRose as lead recruiter for Florence, Roberson, Therezie, and Lyons...nothing like elite talent convincing other elite talent that they would be even more elite if they were all together...wait, what?! You get my point. :dunno:

We should be using JRose as lead recruiter for Florence, Roberson, Therezie, and Lyons...nothing like elite talent convincing other elite talent that they would be even more elite if they were all together...wait, what?! You get my point. :dunno:

What a DB class that will, i mean would be...  :thumbsup:  :we:

What a DB class that will, i mean would be...  :thumbsup:   :we:

Don't forget we are recruiting Whitehead hard too. If we got 6 4* DBs I will do cartwheels.  :wedance:

I get that; but he aint committing without setting foot on campus..., and from his own words on his latest update he has no plans to visit Auburn.

in noels defense, noone saw Benton coming.

only the coaches and the recruits know whats really going on

even the mods here are always going to be slightly in the dark on true intents

Cedrick McCafee commited to FIU with out ever visiting them but now hes a AU commit

2 backs? You're preaching to choir young man!

2 backs? You're preaching to choir young man!

Let me clarify. I do expect us to get Quan Bray but he is a hybrid player IMO. If you guys are counting Bray as your 3rd back then we are on the same page after all.

Archived