ESPN just now...

SAA1

ESPN just recapped our win today and their on the scene reporter Howard Gomez or whatever gave a review of the 'Cam Situation' and made a big deal about Cam 'not knowing why' he couldn't say anything about the matter.  Gomez (?) also stated that Cam might have solicited money for his recruitment and that both Cam and AU are 'still under investigation.'

I just had ESPN on in the background so that could relish in the UAT loss.  I have now been reminded why I rarely watch those clowns.

Watching too much ESPN is proven to cause serious health problems.

will lower your IQ too.

Other side effects include...

Extreme arrogance, inflated ego, love for the color crimson, worship of a coach who hates his fans...I could go on, but you get the picture.

ESPN just recapped our win today and their on the scene reporter Howard Gomez or whatever gave a review of the 'Cam Situation' and made a big deal about Cam 'not knowing why' he couldn't say anything about the matter.  Gomez (?) also stated that Cam might have solicited money for his recruitment and that both Cam and AU are 'still under investigation.'

I just had ESPN on in the background so that could relish in the UAT loss.  I have now been reminded why I rarely watch those clowns.

sorry, but i didnt hear any of this. i saw the same thing you saw. :dunno: :dunno:

I thought the same thing.  He was like, "Cam wasn't sure why he couldn't talk about it".  There are some snakes slithering around on the plains this week.

sorry, but i didnt hear any of this. i saw the same thing you saw. :dunno: :dunno:

Not sure why there is the discrepancy; maybe we interpreted him differently.  The way his statements were worded definitely gave me the impression that Cam was directly involved in the situation and that both he and Auburn were being investigated.

The entire report had a negative spin IMO.

I was in the press conference. Before Cam came out, everyone was told to limit all questions to football only. Of course a few didn't listen. He was asked why he couldn't talk about the situation and he responded he wanted to talk about it but couldn't. He was then asked how he felt about not being able to speak on it and he said he felt like 10-0. He was questioned again about and said he didn't know why he couldn't speak on it but he did nothing wrong. He's an AU athlete and he loves being at AU. He appreciates the support he's gotten from the team, coaches and fans. He handled the presser like a seasoned veteran and stayed the course and didn't get rattled. Chizik did get a little upset with the questions but kept his cool. He did speak on how great of a kid that Cam is. He was given the opportunity to defend Cam and he took it and knocked it out of the park IMO.

The shadiest part of the whole segment was Pedro Bonds's, I mean Gomez's, insistance to repeate 3 times in one minute that "Newton and Chizik repeatedly refused to answer questions".  

Pedro:  they are bound by NCAA rules to not speak about any subject that could involve any type of NCAA inquiry (whether past, present, or future.  They told you they wish they could, but they CAN'T BY RULE.  What a dumb@ss.

Very negative spin on the ESPN piece.

!. They know good and well neither Cam nor the University can comment...and they know why...yet instead of "As is customary during NCAA matters of interest, the involved parties declined comment"..we get "Newton and Chizik repeatedly refused to answer questions".

Further they go with "When asked why, Newton said he 'didn't know why' he couldn't answer."

And here is a doozie for ya...."As dark clouds swirl around Newton and the Auburn program..."

All this at a time when any half brained journalist can tell you that they should be creating some distance on this story. See Forde's absolutely ridiculous articles which he wrote within 24 hours of each other.

Wag the dog boys. wag the dog.

Idiots are getting to me.

I feel bad for the Newton family having to go through all this because of a couple of sleazy ex-MSU players.  I'm sure the NCAA will be pulling financials for Cecils older son.  I think he used to play for the J'ville Jags and he's the one that paid for the repairs to the church.

Not sure why there is the discrepancy; maybe we interpreted him differently.  The way his statements were worded definitely gave me the impression that Cam was directly involved in the situation and that both he and Auburn were being investigated.

The entire report had a negative spin IMO.

You weren't hearing things. That's exactly what was said, negative the whole way.  :dunno:

Guest In the Village

Very negative spin on the ESPN piece.

!. They know good and well neither Cam nor the University can comment...and they know why...yet instead of "As is customary during NCAA matters of interest, the involved parties declined comment"..we get "Newton and Chizik repeatedly refused to answer questions".

Further they go with "When asked why, Newton said he 'didn't know why' he couldn't answer."

And here is a doozie for ya...."As dark clouds swirl around Newton and the Auburn program..."

All this at a time when any half brained journalist can tell you that they should be creating some distance on this story. See Forde's absolutely ridiculous articles which he wrote within 24 hours of each other.

Wag the dog boys. wag the dog.

Idiots are getting to me.

Wheere is Forde's second artical?   I too did not like the dark cloud comment

I think some of the ESPN,producers and talent will circle the wagons.It is obvious,by now,that Cam and AU are clean and the original writers(Low,Schlabaugh,that NYT doofus) were somebodys pawn.The whole idea of leaking this thing now was to make AU sit CAM out untill the NCAA resolved everything IMO.Or possibly to rattle him and the team into getting off their game,keeping them out of the title game. So look for ESPN to really turn up the heat on this story,they have come under heavy critisizm the last couple of days, with.Knowing the  media,this will make them fight like wounded dogs,even when they are in the wrong.There will be elemnts on ESPN and elsewhere that will NOT  let this story go,because it fits their narrative of "Look how corrupt the NCAA is,even the leading Heisman canidate is crooked",reguardless of the facts.

I have a book here by my bed that says,"the truth shall set you free",as long as we have the truth on our side,its all going to be good,no matter what Gomez,Schlabagh,the NYT,the moron at Fox sports,Forde or ESPN says.

DWWD!!!! :we:

I think some of the ESPN,producers and talent will circle the wagons.It is obvious,by now,that Cam and AU are clean and the original writers(Low,Schlabaugh,that NYT doofus) were somebodys pawn.The whole idea of leaking this thing now was to make AU sit CAM out untill the NCAA resolved everything IMO.Or possibly to rattle him and the team into getting off their game,keeping them out of the title game. So look for ESPN to really turn up the heat on this story,they have come under heavy critisizm the last couple of days, with.Knowing the  media,this will make them fight like wounded dogs,even when they are in the wrong.There will be elemnts on ESPN and elsewhere that will NOT  let this story go,because it fits their narrative of "Look how corrupt the NCAA is,even the leading Heisman canidate is crooked",reguardless of the facts.

I have a book here by my bed that says,"the truth shall set you free",as long as we have the truth on our side,its all going to be good,no matter what Gomez,Schlabagh,the NYT,the moron at Fox sports,Forde or ESPN says.

Agreed with this exception, the Book says the truth will "make you free", not "set".

Agreed with this exception, the Book says the truth will "make you free", not "set".

Uhhhh.....Any reason that you can see what the book by his bed says?  :dunno:

Uhhhh.....Any reason that you can see what the book by his bed says?  :dunno:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, originally, the Book said something neither one of us would understand, because it was all in Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic. Now, I imagine you could find a version of the Book that says that exact same thing not only in those two ways, but in at least a dozen or so other ways.

Either way, let's just drop the whole thing before it devolves into a religious spat without even trying to.

So, to continue on, I think ESPN is holding onto it because it makes people stay tuned, not anything particularly against Auburn. The longer they stay tuned, the better the ratings, the more $$$$ in advertising. Just my opinion.

It might well have been orchestrated as an attempt to make Auburn sit Cam, though.

Just realized that he was talking about THE Book.  :-[  :laugh:

:laugh: I thought you were just kidding...

Archived