Yards Per Carry

shceagle

Stat, I know you are the king of numbers, but after crunching the numbers of our rushing attack, I had to post this.

Here are some YPC numbers.  We lead the country with 6.6 YPC as a team! I am shocked at the production of our running game!  I know AU is a traditional power running team, but these numbers are straight up nasty. I'm talking XBOX numbers.  Let's not forget about the "Big Nasties" up front! War Eagle!

Newton - 6.5 avg

Dyer- 6.4

Fannin- 6.8

McCalebb- 9.3 (Yes 9.3! Best individual YPC in the country!)

:tdau:

I hope Dyer rips off a couple long ones this weekend to get that YPC higher than Cam's. Then when 98% of the college football world says the standard "Cam is a one man show" comment we have become so accustomed to, the other 2% with actual common sense can point out he actually has the lowest YPC of anyone on the team.

Newtons would be even higher, but hes taken a vacation from running the ball lately, had a couple of sacks here and there.

Chances are, he will be involved with the running game a little bit more in the last two games. Auburn has so many play makers that he doesnt have to carry the load himself.

Itll be interesting to see if Georgia and Bama try to make Newton beat them with his arm, because so far he has shown that he can.

Where can I find sec records like team single season ypc, player ypc, team total rushing reg season.  I'd like to project out and see where we might measure up all time.  Thx.

Where can I find sec records like team single season ypc, player ypc, team total rushing reg season.  I'd like to project out and see where we might measure up all time.  Thx.

you can try secsports.com/ maybe even Auburntigers.com

you can try secsports.com/ maybe even Auburntigers.com

Thx

Archived