University Strategy

87aubie

JMO, of course, but if AU isn't guilty of some infraction, I don't think the University can maintain this "mums the word" stance much longer unless they have some commitment from the NCAA or SEC to release information clearing AU.  We are absolutely getting crucified in the court of public opinion and that has far reaching implications.  I said earlier that I was concerned that our leadership had been very brazen in the past 72 hours about the integrity and transparency of our football program.  You can only take body blows without retaliation for so long before the internal bleeding becomes an issue.

AU can stay quiet as long as they want.

I'm 90% sure AU is the whistle blower and the "tape" is against MSU/Rogers/Bond.

ESPN is making big $$$ off of this.

I'm 90% sure AU is the whistle blower and the "tape" is against MSU/Rogers/Bond.

Now that you say this... this is my opinion

thinking about it... no one from Auburn will comment accept on saying cam is eligible to play

possible

the NCAA said newtons eligibility is not being investigated nor is Auburn... just his recruitment... if you read between the lines that points at MSU

the FBI is meeting with John Bond... not newton nor Auburn

Bond is considered a booster for MSU now

thinking about it... no one from Auburn will comment accept on saying cam is eligible to play

possible

the NCAA said newtons eligibility is not being investigated nor is Auburn... just his recruitment... if you read between the lines that points at MSU

ding ding.

You know what really gets me? Reggie Bush and USC NEVER went through anything like this, and IMHO that infraction was much worse. They were blatant with it, and refused to cooperate. Pete Carroll just ignored their phone calls. RB got a LOT of money, and everybody knew it. But there was never the outrage in the media that the story deserved, even when RB paid people off in the lawsuit and they could no longer talk to the NCAA. USC had been allowing their athletes to get paid for a long time. RB was just a little too arrogant about it, and he was the one who caused the cookie train to derail.

It's like Cam is having to pay for Reggie Bush, and Auburn is getting the reputation slashing that belongs with USC. The media has just unloaded, but it's more than likely misdirected. :devil:

You know what really gets me? Reggie Bush and USC NEVER went through anything like this, and IMHO that infraction was much worse. They were blatant with it, and refused to cooperate. Pete Carroll just ignored their phone calls. RB got a LOT of money, and everybody knew it. But there was never the outrage in the media that the story deserved, even when RB paid people off in the lawsuit and they could no longer talk to the NCAA. USC had been allowing their athletes to get paid for a long time. RB was just a little too arrogant about it, and he was the one who caused the cookie train to derail.

It's like Cam is having to pay for Reggie Bush, and Auburn is getting the reputation slashing that belongs with USC. The media has just unloaded, but it's more than likely misdirected. :devil:

I think it more the media than the NCAA!

possible

According to the report, the interest is not in Bond, per se, but in whether "young men are being shopped to colleges."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/11/report-fbi-wants-to-talk-with-john-bond-about-cam-newton-recruiting-allegations/1

Archived