bowl projections

Guest midnight

Guest midnight

scout - bcs auburn vs tcu, phil steele - bcs auburn vs oregon, cbs - sugar auburn vs boise state, rivals - sugar auburn vs boise state, espn -bcs auburn vs oregon, sugar auburn vs boise state, aol fanhouse - sugar auburn vs iowa

No after 2004, and having 1 and 2 loss SEC teams beat out undefeated non-AQ team in 06,07, and 08, they will not keep an undefeated Auburn out of the national champ game if we beat Bama. Especially since the computers don't know about the Cam allegations.

No after 2004, and having 1 and 2 loss SEC teams beat out undefeated non-AQ team in 06,07, and 08, they will not keep an undefeated Auburn out of the national champ game if we beat Bama. Especially since the computers don't know about the Cam allegations.

This ^^^^

Guest simonsez

Ive been thinking about something.  I posted it earlier and then Finebaum hinted to it later today.  The nation thinks auburn is a dirty program and doesnt deserve the National Championship.  If Auburn struggles in the next 3 games like it has a few earlier this year, the voters will be justified in dropping us a few spots without admitting that they just dont want us in the championship game.  We'll maintain the #1 spot in the computers but dropping in the human polls will keep us out of the top 2 spots in the BCS.

wait i thought espn hated us.. conspiracy right?

ESPN has stopped making projections and instead are placing teams as if the season ended today.

incorrect. Schlabach and some girl are making projections.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

• 1 year later...

I found this interesting.........

When I got to my Jordan-Hare seat today, there was plenty of Chick-fil-A Bowl information at my seat, and I saw no other bowl information in the general vicinity. From what I’ve seen so far, most prognosticators have Auburn headed to the Chick-fil-A to play the ACC’s No. 2 team, but if Clemson falls to that slot, the opponent could change. Clemson and Auburn are scheduled to start the 2012 season in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic next year.

second article down...."Pregame: Auburn vs. Samford"

http://www.wareagleextra.com/

oh crud....I pulled up a thread from 2010   :laugh:  well, that will teach me to not use the search function anymore.

When I got to my Jordan-Hare seat today, there was plenty of Chick-fil-A Bowl information at my seat, and I saw no other bowl information in the general vicinity. From what I’ve seen so far, most prognosticators have Auburn headed to the Chick-fil-A to play the ACC’s No. 2 team, but if Clemson falls to that slot, the opponent could change. Clemson and Auburn are scheduled to start the 2012 season in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic next year.

oh crud....I pulled up a thread from 2010   :laugh:  well, that will teach me to not use the search function anymore.

I will not be clemson. My prediction is Florida state because IMO at worst Va. Tech will be a BCS at large team.

I will not be clemson. My prediction is Florida state because IMO at worst Va. Tech will be a BCS at large team.

FSU is on the gumpdykes level in my book. I would love to kick FSU a new one. Do you really think the ACC gets two BCS teams considering their BCS record though?

Because Vanderbilt lost, the Chick-Fil-A bowl will have to pick Auburn, unless Florida upsets FSU. This is because bowls must pick a 7 win team over a 6 win team. I don't see FSU losing though. If Florida pulls off the upset, the Chick-Fil-A bowl may pick UF over Auburn as they may not want Auburn in a rematch against Clemson if Clemson loses to VT/UVA. If that happens, Auburn would go to the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville on January 2nd.

FSU is on the gumpdykes level in my book. I would love to kick FSU a new one. Do you really think the ACC gets two BCS teams considering their BCS record though?

I never said the ACC would get 2 in the BCS. If Clemson wins the ACC title game over Va. Tech then yes they will because the Hokies will be in the top 14 even with another loss. If they get past Virginia this weekthey will likely be #3 in the BCS. Auburn is almost a lock for the Chick fila bowl. If Clemson loses to the Hokies they will be passed up for FSU in the Chick fila bowl.

I wouldn't mind an Auburn-FSU Chick-fil-A bowl game.  I think that game is a national draw and sells out.

The Chick-Fil-ABowl always sells out. I think it has sold out for ten or twelve straight years.  They have a good sponser and corporate involvement from the Atlanta area.  But I think it would be a good game for both schools if it happens.

It's gonna be the chicken bowl vs clemson....it will be a huge draw and the committee will make an even bigger deal since they will face each other again to start next season

It's gonna be the chicken bowl vs clemson....it will be a huge draw and the committee will make an even bigger deal since they will face each other again to start next season

Playing Clemson 3 times in a 12 month period?

Playing Clemson 3 times in a 12 month period?

Yes...Nebraska did it last year I believe...can't remember the other team right off hand

Archived