The War Bloger's Inside Info on Cam

TigerTaz

Wow... Someone who actually gives an upfront disclaimer about the reliability of his source.  :bow: Wonders never cease

I would like if this were the case. But if it were, what was the point the NCAA meeting with the Newtons last Thursday?

Maybe to decide how to release the exact quote about Cecil having talks about Money...I don't know. Hopefully. It seems that they could also just be giving feedback about any additional information found from the investigation. That being said, my question is why Cecil would claim, when initially asked by the press, that Kenny Rogers solicited the money on his own. Wouldn't he have had already been more prepared than to lie which makes his credibility come into question?

I would like if this were the case. But if it were, what was the point the NCAA meeting with the Newtons last Thursday?

Maybe to decide how to release the exact quote about Cecil having talks about Money...I don't know. Hopefully. It seems that they could also just be giving feedback about any additional information found from the investigation. That being said, my question is why Cecil would claim, when initially asked by the press, that Kenny Rogers solicited the money on his own. Wouldn't he have had already been more prepared than to lie which makes his credibility come into question?

Because that MAYBE where Cecil got the idea to begin with. The Power of Suggestion.

Could be Rogers was thought by Cecil to be doing this on his own without actually talking to MSU.

paraphrased: ""If he talked to MSU,  he did it without my knowledge..."" 

or

Rogers "we can get you money for Cam."

Cecil:  "Hmmm,  Maybe"

Later ...Cecil: "No,  we do not want in on that."

Rogers thinking a day or two later:  "dang!  I shouldn't have talked to MSU about this before Cecil agreed to it"

That one says that the FBI talked to JW.

Not credible.  NCAA talked to JW (from what I've heard).

Where did it say that?  Ne never mentioned the FBI.

Besides , we all know the FBI is in this to shut down AU because it's a front for laundering Victoryland Money.  :rolleyes:

Cecil Newton's two statements are not necessarily inconsistent.  Think about it.  It is possible that Rogers approached Newton about money (that's the "we had a discussion" statement) and Newton's response was simply to listen.  Since we're assuming everything anyway, just assume that he didn't say "Yeah, great idea.  Work it out."  Whatever was or wasn't said, Rogers decides to initiate action with MSU thinking he'll get ahead of the game and be able to seal the deal by coming back to Newton and saying "I got the money.  Let's sign Cam."  If that was the case, then Newton's statement that Rogers was not representing the Newtons would also be true.  This is just one of the soon to be millions of possibilities.

^^^^^^^ This makes sense. Whatever happened that weekend, I believe the Newtons were turned off immediately based on this article...http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1023016...this the first article that mentions Cam after that weekend.  Auburn has not even been mentioned yet as an option in the media.

FWIW, Jay Tate presented this same scenario as a "what if" speculation sometime last week. He wasn't reporting it as a fact, but I've found that his speculations usually turn out to eventually be facts.

If AU turned everything in even before signing Cam, then I think that helps Auburn's case enormously. And it would account for the initial confidence that AU showed in declaring that Cam is eligible.

^^^^^^^ This makes sense.  Whatever happened that weekend, I believe the Newtons were turned off immediately based on this article...http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1023016...this the first article that mentions Cam after that weekend.  Auburn has not even been mentioned yet as an option in the media.

Can you summarize that article for those of us who don't have Rivals access?

^^^^^^^ This makes sense.  Whatever happened that weekend, I believe the Newtons were turned off immediately based on this article...http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1023016...this the first article that mentions Cam after that weekend.  Auburn has not even been mentioned yet as an option in the media.

Can you summarize that article for those of us who don't have Rivals access?

It was an article from Nov 30, 2009 that talked about the possibility of several Blinn JUCO players going to Kansas State.  Cam was one of the players.  This was after he visited MSU.  One of the Blinn players quoted in the article said that Cam had been telling him that KSU was #1 on his list.  Auburn, at this point, had not even entered the picture.

Archived