Living in S.C. this week has been rough...

I've been here now for 9 years and love living here. You don't see to many Auburn fans around so I am pretty much on my own here.  But this past week has been unbearable from the USCe fan base.  They have been non-stop with the "Cam is a cheater and so is Auburn" or "You guys got lucky the first time we played" talk.  Didn't know if any other S.C. residents have had the same problems I have? USCe fans can't even have a rational conversation about the game. They are taking this game personal like we are their biggest and most hated rival.  :dunno:  I'm not trying to bash a fan base but I have said since I moved here and attended a USCe game, that of all the SEC fan bases I have seen, USCe are the worst.  Most are trying to tell me that Auburn fans are rude, arrogant, and obnoxious. If that was the case then why did one of their own students write this article?  http://www.dailygamecock.com/viewpoints/auburn-hospitality-sets-standards-1.1648337  Oh well, I just hope we blow them outta the water tomorrow. Then I will just let my Auburn car flags do the talking, until they start stoning my car  :laugh: 

:wareagle:

I feel your pain.  There have been a few us that live here in S.C. that have been talking about the same thing.  I don't know if it is because this is the first time the cocks have ever had a good season or what but they are acting like they beat Auburn 50 - 0 the first time.

All I hear about is the turnovers that USCe had but they never mention the fact that Auburn had 2 turnovers in the first half and that the last 2 ints by Auburn prevented a possible tie and not a win.  Auburn also beat the 2 teams that beat them.

Oh well, here I ramble on again - my one consolation is that there are a ton of Auburn fans here in Charleston.

Yes I live in Columbia, SC and have to hear it all the time. I was in the locker yesterday changing to go work out and ESPN was on in the locker talking about Cam. I had my Auburn hat on and all the USC fans just went off talking about how this is bad for college football and Auburn + Cam are cheaters. They didn't mind I was standing right there with my Auburn hat on. I on the other hand have always been nice and supportive to them. I am not much of a smack talker it just doesn't do anything for me.

I feel your pain.  There have been a few us that live here in S.C. that have been talking about the same thing.  I don't know if it is because this is the first time the cocks have ever had a good season or what but they are acting like they beat Auburn 50 - 0 the first time.

All I hear about is the turnovers that USCe had but they never mention the fact that Auburn had 2 turnovers in the first half and that the last 2 ints by Auburn prevented a possible tie and not a win.  Auburn also beat the 2 teams that beat them.

Oh well, here I ramble on again - my one consolation is that there are a ton of Auburn fans here in Charleston.

There are none that i'm aware of here in Myrtle Beach. Can't wait for things to kick off tomorrow! Nice to know I'm not the only one get blasted here in this state.  :wareagle:

I live in Charleston and couldn't agree more with the OP. The thing that makes them so obnoxious is that their collective football IQ is barely double digits.

The Gamecock team is good, and we will have to play well to beat them. I am not disparaging the team or Spurrier, but their fans are like turd fans except the team they cheer for has never won a damn thing.

We still need to bring it tomorrow. All in.

I've been here now for 9 years and love living here. You don't see to many Auburn fans around so I am pretty much on my own here.  But this past week has been unbearable from the USCe fan base.  They have been non-stop with the "Cam is a cheater and so is Auburn" or "You guys got lucky the first time we played" talk.  Didn't know if any other S.C. residents have had the same problems I have? USCe fans can't even have a rational conversation about the game. They are taking this game personal like we are their biggest and most hated rival.  :dunno:  I'm not trying to bash a fan base but I have said since I moved here and attended a USCe game, that of all the SEC fan bases I have seen, USCe are the worst.  Most are trying to tell me that Auburn fans are rude, arrogant, and obnoxious. If that was the case then why did one of their own students write this article?   http://www.dailygamecock.com/viewpoints/auburn-hospitality-sets-standards-1.1648337  Oh well, I just hope we blow them outta the water tomorrow. Then I will just let my Auburn car flags do the talking, until they start stoning my car  :laugh: 

I feel for you. I live in NC and have seen more Cock car magnets, plates, stickers, etc as the season has progressed. Nothing wrong with school pride at all. This week Cocks are coming out of the woodwork, I mean from EVERYWHERE. I think they are feeling empowered by the media's hate for Auburn and the masses calling into sports talk shows that obviously want them to win. The haters in the press wanted bama to "do college FB a favor" and beat us. I think for whatever reason this has added to the confidence of the Cock fan base. They think they should have beaten us the first time (AU turnovers don't count), they are better now (AU not better ?) and have the nation behind them. I hope this plays out like the LaBron/Miami hate fest last night.

War Eagle !

It's not just USCe fans, pretty much every fan base is having the Auburn + Cam are cheaters discussion. The media has turned the nation against us, and we are just going to have to deal with it.

I'm good friends with a couple of big USCe fans and they have been fine, but they actually earned a degree from there. Just attribute everything you hear to jealousy. One of my aforementioned buddies came for the game back in Sept and I was very proud that several AU fans went out of their way to be gracious to him. War Eagle!

Im in Greenville and clemson fans are worse..I promise..

Really? They seem okay to me, I have a few friends that are Clemson fans. Other than destroying my picking ability(pick against them they win, pick them to win they loose...gah..), I haven't had much problem with them.

The only fans I've ever had any issues with here are USCe fans. The Clemson fans i know are pretty nice but every team has their group of morons.  :laugh:  I will say however that I heard nothing but great things from the USCe fans I know that went to Auburn for the game. They couldn't believe our hospitality. I just smiled and told the "That's Auburn"  :wareagle:

We live in Greenville after 3 years in Chicago and 18 in Atlanta. We have not been bothered much but the 4 kids have been getting ribbed. After the time in Chicago, where college sports (other than Notre Dame) are nonexistent, I am glad to be back home in a region where College Football is KING!

God Bless and War-Eagle!

Archived