Urban Meyer

Jackson-Sullivan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If true.... what are the chances they go after Coach Chizik?

Zero.... If he leaves I see them making a SERIOUS push to get Mullen.

I'm with Aubie, unless they are wheeling stuff out of his office,  I'm not buying it. I hope he does, but remember how many tweets have been sent about AU lately that have no basis in reality. I'm going to have to see it to believe it.

that he is stepping down AGAIN as UF's coach.

Believe me, I am as weary as anybody about "rumors" after what our fan base has been through the last month, but here is the initial tweet from Brett McMurphy, an AOL FanHouse writer located in Tampa. He sent out this tweet about 15 min ago:

"Urban Meyer stepping down as Florida's coach, sources tell FanHouse. Press conference this evening to announce decision"

Strange IF (let me emphasize IF) true, and it sucks.

Malzahn would definitely take this job!

I think you guys are wrong wrong wrong on Dan Mullen............they will go after Gus Malzahn you heard it here.

No, they'll go after a HC.... Coach Chiz is a UF grad.  That's got me a little worried.

I think you guys are wrong wrong wrong on Dan Mullen............they will go after Gus Malzahn you heard it here.

I don't know, many coordinators don't do well in a HC position, Mullen has proven his ability to be a HC. I think the smarter move would be Mullen.

Got an email from one of my coworkers about the same. Funny thing is I was listening to Rivals radio at lunch and someone called in asking if Florida would go after Chizik if Meyer was to leave since he was a Florida graduate. Radio guy laughed at him and told him Auburn was a pretty good job to have and so no reason to leave for Florida.

'Just a little something to think about.  What job just came open in the NFL and why did CUM decide not to wait until after signing day?  Just a little something I was thinking about.  'May be nothing to it...

'Just a little something to think about.  What job just came open in the NFL and why did CUM decide not to wait until after signing day?  Just a little something I was thinking about.  'May be nothing to it...

Denver... but I'm not worried about him.  We've got two guys that are hot right now.

Believe me, I am as weary as anybody about "rumors" after what our fan base has been through the last month, but here is the initial tweet from Brett McMurphy, an AOL FanHouse writer located in Tampa. He sent out this tweet about 15 min ago:

"Urban Meyer stepping down as Florida's coach, sources tell FanHouse. Press conference this evening to announce decision"

I wouldn't be a surprise after last year. It may help pull some recruits away.

I don't think they go after Malzahn. They will be after someone to straighten everything out right away and not some one to take a chance on.

I'm pretty sure mullen is a shoe-in

You may be right but after the rumors we've dealt with and his "retirement" last year, I'm not buying until I hear about stuff moving out of the athletic offices.

Archived