Urban Meyer

Jackson-Sullivan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it has been confirmed. Urban has resigned. He started having heart health issues again the week of the UGA game. Goodbye Coach Malzahn....

it has been confirmed. Urban has resigned. He started having heart health issues again the week of the UGA game. Goodbye Coach Malzahn....

So you talked to Coach Malzahn? I believe he's a little busy right now, but you can give Mullen a call.

I think you guys are wrong wrong wrong on Dan Mullen............they will go after Gus Malzahn you heard it here.

Zero chance... they will be looking for someone who's proven he can succeed as a HC.  With the money that program has the WILL NOT go after a coordinator. 

Seems unlikely a program as big as Florida would hire a first time college HC.  Mullen or Strong seem much more in the vein of what we've seen.  Especially if Urban is not heading to another HC job. 

No offense but why does everyone freak out and assume our coaches are going to leave with every HC job that becomes available? Do you really think that these other positions are better than Auburn because I sure don't. Take pride and comfort in the fact that we have a great institution here at Auburn. One in which any coach would be lucky to be employed by. Gus has already told Keihl's dad that he will be on the sidelines at Auburn. Most of the mods here have confirmed it also. I take Gus as a man of his word. If he wasn't I guarantee you Chizik wouldn't have hired him. Also why in the world would Chizik leave? The guy has his team in the National Championship game! Why take a step down? 

No offense but why does everyone freak out and assume our coaches are going to leave with every HC job that becomes available? Do you really think that these other positions are better than Auburn because I sure don't. Take pride and comfort in the fact that we have a great institution here at Auburn. One in which any coach would be lucky to be employed by. Gus has already told Keihl's dad that he will be on the sidelines at Auburn. Most of the mods here have confirmed it also. I take Gus as a man of his word. If he wasn't I guarantee you Chizik wouldn't have hired him. Also why in the world would Chizik leave? The guy has his team in the National Championship game! Why take a step down? 

Exactly right.  Chizik would not leave at this point.  Why become a legend at one school and then make a nearly lateral move to Florida?  If Chizik wins a NC at Auburn this year and remains competitive winning a few more SEC championships and maybe competing for NC or two; Auburn will need to find a field, a stadium, a building, something to name after him.  That's a fact.  He has been part of two of the greatest seasons in Auburn history.  Auburn brings home the championship, then I would hope Chizik never leaves Auburn.  

It is plausible that Florida would take Mullen, and MSU would go after Malzahn.

IF (big if) Malzahn was going to leave this is a much more realistic scenario. Miss St can't shell out the money for big name coach so they are likely to go after a top coordinator like they did with Mullen.  FL has way too much money at stake to risk handing a program over to someone who's never been a HC and hasn't been in college football for very long (compared to most people who get HC jobs).

You know Tubs has to be kicking himself that he didn't wait another year before going back now that Miami has opened up.

My sources are telling me Bobby Bowden to UF as HC with Tommy as DC and Terry as OC.  Terry was the lone hold out, until he found out they had a 5-8 190lb starting running back.  :laugh:

Archived