Gus accepts Offer to Vandy *****RUMOR*****

lylesm

Could we stop poking at KF's dad about everything that happens?  I'm sure there's more on his mind than posting on the internets at this moment.  Appreciate his comments when they come, but stop hounding him for it imo.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone here is well aware of the business aspects, but we've also been told he made promises to incoming players about his commitment to being here.  THAT is the disappointing part of this to me...

ST on FB:

Scott Reaves

As of right now, Malzahn hasn't accepted the offer. They have made a very strong offer this morning and he should have a decision sometime tonight.

Scott Reaves

As of right now, Malzahn hasn't accepted the offer. They have made a very strong offer this morning and he should have a decision sometime tonight.

lol idk why people thought he wouldnt jump ship just because he loved AU..come on now get real its all about the $$$$$$$$

I don't think it's all about the money with Gus, but it is a great opportunity for him.  Put yourself in his shoes.

I support Gus taking a head coaching position, but how many people lead a successful coaching career after being head coach at Vandy?

As far as who we might look at to replace CGM as OC...my initial response would be nobody, as in nobody is going to completely replace the guy who (literally) wrote the book on the Hurry Up No Huddle offense.  However, here are a few guys I would definitely take a look at:

http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/holgorsen_dana00.html

http://www.tulsahurricane.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/morris_chad00.html

http://www.broncosports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=54307&SPID=4061&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=9900&ATCLID=578847&Q_SEASON=2010

As far as QB Coach, I think we should look at Rhett Lashlee.  He's young, but he is a winner and has been CGM's understudy for a few years.  I've watched him before games when CGM does his mental review of the game plan with the QBs out on the field and he listens intently and soaks it all in.  Certainly should be considered.

That's all I got.  We'll be okay either way, but obviously one way is more painful than the other!

War Eagle!!

That's a good list.  But knowing Auburn, we'll pull a rabbit out of the hat and make a hire that trumps even that list.  It won't be a question of "if", but "who" the next GREAT AU COORDINATOR will be!  War Eagle!

Does Nevada alos run a spread?  If so, their OC would be a good hire, but it has to be somebody that fits in and is also as valuable recruiter as Gus was.

ST on FB:

Scott Reaves

It'll be interesting to see what Chizik and Jacobs can do to keep Gus at AU.

lol idk why people thought he wouldnt jump ship just because he loved AU..come on now get real its all about the $$$$$$$$

Probably the same reason he left Tulsa to come to AU.

This is not an emotional thing for these guys, it is job, a career, and I don't fault any of them for doing what they think is best for themselves and their family.

It is not like colleges, including AU, have not fired coaches who were under contract.

ST on FB:

Scott Reaves

what time did Scott post this?

nm

If he interviewed for the job and they made an exceptable offer it's fairly same to assume he's gone...wish him all the best but this sucks.

Obviously, AU can't pay him $3 million a year to be OC.  Again, it's about his commitment he made to be through next year...

Gus is a great OC, as we all know, but if he does take the Vandy job, do you think that Auburn is gonna roll over and just quit football? PUHLEASE!

Auburn has a very good background of hiring great Coordinators and I'm confident that there will be a line around the building for OC's wanting to work at Auburn and with Coach Chizik.

And if Malzahn does take the job, I will root for him in every game except when he plays Auburn.

OK so histprically Vandy has been football's dead man walking in coaching. However, if reports are tru he is getting a big payday has asked for them to do major upgrades. If CGM does do some good things there he will get his HC experience and will have made many contacts within the SEC as a HC. Will be able to move up in a couple of years. If true good for Coach and his family.

OK so histprically Vandy has been football's dead man walking in coaching. However, if reports are tru he is getting a big payday has asked for them to do major upgrades. If CGM does do some good things there he will get his HC experience and will have made many contacts within the SEC as a HC. Will be able to move up in a couple of years. If true good for Coach and his family.

Where are you seeing these 'reports?'

Obviously, AU can't pay him $3 million a year to be OC.  Again, it's about his commitment he made to be through next year...

Give me a break. Do you think he would tell recruits NEXT year that he might be leaving? They have to say that every year. This is not a character issue, it is the way big time college football works. No different than the CGC with Iowa State.

Archived