AN Early Look At 2011. (12/20 UPDATE)

aun

Auburn will sign Sigler. He is a high priority recruit.

Frost is headed to Michigan. And I do believe Collins comes with Hill.

I don't mean this as any disrespect to Sigler, the guy will get a D-1 scholarship somewhere. But when you have guys like Drew and Tuitt and Jenkins on your board.......  :banghead:

Rankings don't mean jack s**t. DREW is the only must out of those 3 guys IMO. The coaches obviously see something special in Sigler. I'll go with them on this one. Tuitt would be great to have but if he doesn't wanna be here then it wouldn't be good for him or Auburn to have him.

I completely understand your point and concur to the stance that if a recruit does not want to be in Auburn then he should take his services elsewhere, but as far as him wanting to be here we were in contention from the beginning and my understanding is the coaches stayed in touch throughout. Drew recommneded he think things over and suggested Auburn, you put one and two together there. The guy is shy and reminds me of Corey Lemonier, who I saw come into work the other night with Jake Holland and Stephen Clark (O'Charley's at Tiger Town) but I digress. Anyways, I have a feeling the guy would thoroughly enjoy his time here and if made the choice to come here last week, there has to be a part of him that could see himself here for the next 3-5 years of his life. And Tuitt would could possibly make instant impact at the Strongside with Lemonier and Drew on the Weakside. I like the odds, the coaches got him on campus, I have a pretty good feeling. Especially if he comes back in January with Drew.

what about Jeremy Richardson is he still comin to auburn  :wareagle:

Hopefully in the next class

In 2012. He will not have enough credits to be in 2011.

Personally, I would like to see us bring in Huggins, Hill as "big back", and Mason as the tweener/slot guy. Along with Collins coming with Hill.

I just want to see two good backs commited. I'm sure it will happen but there seems to be a good deal of worry on our part about the matter(our part being fans not coaches).

I've seen several "Bray projects in the slot" comments but I think for this class,  the main goals are an O-Mac replacement and a feature back.  I think Mason and Bray are interchangeable as a speed back, and I expect Huggins or Crowell to be the feature back.  If we sign Hill, he'll probably be an H-back, IMO. 

I just want to see two good backs commited. I'm sure it will happen but there seems to be a good deal of worry on our part about the matter(our part being fans not coaches).

I believe we have 2 at the moment, at the very least one.

Total 25:

(1) Kiehl Frazier QB 6'3 215 FR Springdale, AR (Shiloh Christian Schools)

(2) C.J. Uzomah TE 6'5 238 FR Suwanee, GA (North Gwinett HS)

(3) Justin "Da Team AU" Garrett LB 6'2 200 FR Tucker, GA (Tucker HS)

(4) Angelo Blackson DL 6'5 295 FR Bear, DE (Red Lion Christian Academy)

(5) Chris Landrum LB 6'3 221 FR Sweet Water, AL (Sweet Water HS)

(6) Anthony Swain LB 6'3 210 FR Gadsden, AL (Gadsden City HS)

(7) Keymiya Harrell DL 6'5 245 FR Plantersville, AL (Dallas County HS)

(8) Jaylon Denson WR 6'3 190 FR Hoover, AL (Hoover HS)

(9) Sammie Coates WR 6'3 175 FR Leroy, AL (Leroy HS)

(10) Jabarian Niles DL 6'3 270 FR Mobile, AL (W P Davidson HS)

(11) Greg Robinson OL 6'5 290 FR Thibodaux, LA (Thibodaux HS)

(12) Marcus Roberson DB 6'0 180 FR Fort Lauderdale, FL (St. Thomas Aquinas HS)

(13) Erique Florence DB 6'3 190 FR Valley, AL (Valley HS)

(14) Gabriel Wright DL 6'3 300 FR Columbus, GA (Carver HS)

(15) Quan Bray ATH 5'10 180 FR LaGrange, GA (Troup County HS)

(16) Robensen Therezie DB 5'10 190 FR Miami, FL (Miami Jackson HS)

(17) Brandon Fulse TE 6'5 245 FR Fort Meade, FL (Fort Meade HS)

(18) Christian Westerman OL 6'5 295 FR Chandler, AZ (Hamilton HS)

(19) Savon Huggins RB 6'0 200 FR Jersey City, NJ (St. Peters Preparatory School)

(20) Ray Drew DL 6'5 253 FR Thomasville, GA (Thomas County Central HS)

(21) Devaunte Sigler DL 6'3 251 FR Mobile, AL (Ben C Rain HS)

(22) Jeremy Hill RB 6'1 229 FR Baton Rouge, LA (Redemptorist Sr HS)

(23) Jonathan Rose DB 6'2 180 FR Leeds, AL (Leeds HS)

(24) Reese Dismukes OL 6'4 290 FR Spanish Fort, AL (Spanish Fort HS)

(25) Thomas O'Reilly OL 6'4 310 FR Marietta, GA (Pope HS)

** Shon Coleman OL 6'6 290 FR Olive Branch, MS (Olive Branch HS)**

The only way we take Jeremy Hill is if we get La'el Collins. That's what I've thought and that's basically what ST said. So for me it's either Hill and Collins; take out Sigler, or Mason and Frost/Tuitt replacing Hill and Sigler

I didn't say that's the only way we would take him but he is down the lists when it comes to RBs so a lot would have to happen for him to have a firm offer. Right now, Auburn feels very good about a couple of RBs higher up the lists.

I've seen several "Bray projects in the slot" comments but I think for this class,  the main goals are an O-Mac replacement and a feature back.  I think Mason and Bray are interchangeable as a speed back, and I expect Huggins or Crowell to be the feature back.  If we sign Hill, he'll probably be an H-back, IMO. 

I think that's a fair assessment, but Bray is a couple of inches taller than Mason, so he probably projects better as a receiver. In reality, though, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the coaches weren't playing things this way so they can get three running backs without those backs being so worried about splitting carries..

And just think if we get Huggins, Mason, and Bray this year, then get TJ Yeldon next year...even if TJ is the only back we sign, that would give us a pretty full deck!

Archived