Ray Drew

Not A Insider

This from SBNation seems to say a lot!

Georgia Recruiting: Ray Drew Won't Be A Member Of The "Dream Team"

Jan 25 10:41a by Brian Jones

Georgia head coach Mark Richt has put together a "dream team" of recruits that he thinks will help get Georgia back to their winning ways. They have done a good job so far by grabbing star prospects from Valdosta High School, Jay Rome and Malcolm Mitchell. But the Bulldogs got a hit to the gut, as super star prospect Ray Drew is possibly ruling out Georgia as his college of choice.

Drew broke the news last night on Score Atlanta's The Official Visit, a recruiting radio show on 790 the Zone. One of the things he mentioned about Georgia is he is not sure how he will fit into the 3-4 defensive scheme. He also said that Georgia is looking to put him as a outside linebacker rather than his natural position, defensive end.

Many have said Drew is the best prospect in the state, and some have gone further and said he is one of the 10 best prospects in the country. He is set to make his decision on Friday. Some of the finalists could be Auburn, LSU and Clemson.

For more on this, you can go to the Sports by Fletch blog, which is ran by Fletcher Proctor, the co-host of the Official Visit. He has quotes from the interview with Drew.

:thumbsup: It's all good!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone seen his facebook status where he says he is going to shock everyone and is not going to AU, UGA, or LSU?   ;)

Nope! We've neither seen it NOR been talking about it since it happened! :tease:

He's totally going to not play football at all but use this as a chance to tell everyone not to get so caught up with sports in general.  That'll shock the world ;).

:laugh: :laugh:   and announce he is committing to Jamaica and going on a one year mission trip.

I am sorry what was that again????????  The last i read was he is going to play Cricket on Indian team....(I have my source Thayer Evans).....

Georgia head coach Mark Richt has put together a "dream team" of recruits that he thinks will help get Georgia back to their winning ways. They have done a good job so far by grabbing star prospects from Valdosta High School, Jay Rome and Malcolm Mitchell. But the Bulldogs got a hit to the gut, as super star prospect Ray Drew is possibly ruling out Georgia as his college of choice.

Drew broke the news last night on Score Atlanta's The Official Visit, a recruiting radio show on 790 the Zone. One of the things he mentioned about Georgia is he is not sure how he will fit into the 3-4 defensive scheme. He also said that Georgia is looking to put him as a outside linebacker rather than his natural position, defensive end.

Many have said Drew is the best prospect in the state, and some have gone further and said he is one of the 10 best prospects in the country. He is set to make his decision on Friday. Some of the finalists could be Auburn, LSU and Clemson.

For more on this, you can go to the Sports by Fletch blog, which is ran by Fletcher Proctor, the co-host of the Official Visit. He has quotes from the interview with Drew.

posted a page or 2 back. I am still saying the shocker is FSU.

I asked this earlier - did anyone actually hear the interview? I wonder if Drew was as blunt as this article makes him out to be? If so, I think the UGA boards would be in more of a meltdown than they are....seems like another "joke" at this point?

i wonder if Drew reads message boards... if he is really going for mass confusion about where he is going he sure accomplished that!

im telling you he is going to UGA. He has been trying to throw analysts of his trail for months with all these supposed "digs" at Georgia. He is having a great time throwing every fan base into a tizzy because it is obviously working..

Personally I cant wait til Friday, even if he does go elsewhere bcuz I am tired of hearing about him.. Sorry just being honest.

I was under the impression AUQBDAD had put this to rest.  He indicated this very a.m. that we should prepare to be dissapointed. jus sayin

He also said he was trying to temper expectations.

I posted this earlier, but a current players dad posted on rivals yesterday and this morning that he got info from 2 different sources that made him go from being pessimistic about Drew to being very optimistic. This guy has always had incredibly solid info and he would not be posting that unless he felt really good about what he had been told.

He is this years Seastrunk IMO. He loves the attention. Personally I cant wait til Friday, even if he does go elsewhere bcuz I am tired of hearing about him.. Sorry just being honest.

What is the point in even posting this?  It's a somewhat negative post, and does anyone really care that you're tired of hearing about him?

Belv...

My point is that some of these athletes take the publicity that recruiting brings them too the extreme. Now personally I really don't care if you care or not.

Belv...

My point is that some of these athletes take the publicity that recruiting brings them too the extreme. Now personally I really don't care if you care or not.

I'm not going to go as far as assume he's loving the attention, but I'm pretty confused as to why he's forcing things to play out this way.  Seems to really go against what we know of his personality.

Belv...

You my friend are not the only one who feels this way. Just the only one brave enough to post it. :-X

Is there an exploding head emoticon?  Might be a bit graphic, but could come in handy from time to time.  

just take a picture of anyone reading this thread....

:thumbsup:

Belv...

It's all good with these young superstars now. Let em play games and enjoy themselves cause once they get on the practice field I'm sure our upperclassmen will bring em back to earth quick!  :laugh:

:wareagle:

Archived