Ray Drew

Not A Insider

This is a disappointing day in AU recruiting. Missing on Drew hurts. He was one of my favorites (along with Blakely). :(

Focus on our recent wins more imo: Westerman, Fris Frost, Calloway, Bray, Therezie :wareagle:

EDIT: man I've needed to pump a lot of sunshine today...people need to calm down a bit :P.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think we are 50/50 with Drew.  I don't know how J.Lee's post today on Rivals could be anything BUT good for us? 

1) He said he got a message from a friend out of the blue that he hadn't talked to in a long time, and it was about how not to worry about pleasing everyone and do what the Lord is calling you to do.  He said it was a confirmation of what he should do and was an answer to his prayers.  --------- To me, this sounds like it would help AU.  "Doing what everyone is wanting you to do" could be a reference to the people in GA wanting him to stay home.  Also, with Drew being so spiritual, you would think that also helps us out, considering Gene is always giving credit to God and I think our program has a good strong bunch of Christian men who care about developing players as great men, not just their physical football ability.

2) He confirms that he already knows and is concrete on where he is going.  He also said he let other coaches know that they'd be wasting their time to come visit him.  Why in the world if he (of course assuming he's told coaches where he is going? Which I understand could not be the case) has already told Chizik, that they would spend their time visiting him on Thursday with so much going on this last week of recruitment?  I suppose CGC could still want to go regardless to give it his all, but if Drew is so firm on his commitment and tired of the recruiting process, why would he want more visits?

It doesn't all make sense, but just from being on the outside reading quotes and using common sense, it's hard not to think that it's still the same 50/50 shot?

FYI. all the thing you mentioned could be good for Miami also since they are visiting him on Wednesday.

Except for the whole paragraph I wrote for bullet number 1.

No. There is also not any pressure for him to choose the U. The only pressure is with uga.

Spiritual argument?

gorillakokoreadingherfa.jpg

Not getting Drew is the end of Auburn. Heck, it may be the end of the world. Is that the sky I see falling????

Is there an exploding head emoticon?  Might be a bit graphic, but could come in handy from time to time.  

Just saw this and thought I'd help...

computeranger.gif

FTR, I hope THIS^^^ isn't any of you next week if we don't sign your favorite player!  :(

Is there an exploding head emoticon?  Might be a bit graphic, but could come in handy from time to time.  

Just saw this and thought I'd help...

computeranger.gif

FTR, I hope THIS^^^ isn't any of you next week if we don't sign your favorite player!  :(

haha and I'll bring the

troll_spray.jpg

We're doing ok but damn i was expecting to get at least one top 10 player this year...Next years class will be loaded though...

Will you settle for a Top 4 to 6 class because that is what you are getting.

This is an interesting blog from Fletcher Proctor the cohost of The Official Visit on Georgia's 790 The Zone. Apparently they did an interview with him last night sounds like its down to Auburn and Miami. He really doesn't like the 3-4 at  UGA and they want him to move to OLB. http://sportsbyfletch.blogspot.com/2011/01/why-ray-drew-wont-be-member-of-dream.html

This is an interesting blog from Fletcher Proctor the cohost of The Official Visit on Georgia's 790 The Zone. Apparently they did an interview with him last night sounds like its down to Auburn and Miami. He really doesn't like the 3-4 at  UGA and they want him to move to OLB. http://sportsbyfletch.blogspot.com/2011/01/why-ray-drew-wont-be-member-of-dream.html

I think he's just screwing with everyone. I am starting to think that the 3-4 defense is not really of any concern to him. Everything seems to be facade. 

There was a time not so very long ago as to where Auburn took mostly projects and coached and worked them into something very good.

Now we're getting some of the elite and coaching and working them into something very good.

I like the change.......

Please don't factor his facebook wall into any conclusions you make on his choice.  He has been all over the place with his wall.  I guess he is having fun watching the responses.  I still think we are 50% at worst.  

Ik one thing we better clean up in next years class...

We're doing ok but damn i was expecting to get at least one top 10 player this year...Next years class will be loaded though...

Really?  We're doing ok?  :rolleyes:  Go read Jonesy's thread for some enlightenment...

Ik one thing we better clean up in next years class...

Really?  We're doing ok?  :rolleyes:  Go read Jonesy's thread for some enlightenment...

^^^^^^^^^ This x1000

To call this class "OK" is a joke. It is a great class filled with stars who want to be at Auburn. Are there some who I would love to add to it? Of course - but there are some legitimate ALL AMERICAN candidates coming to us in this class - combined with last year's class, we will be set for years to come - and that doesn't even begin to factor in next year's class that you are referencing.

War Eagle!!

Looks like Drew is Shocking the World with the Canes. They need his spiritual leadership and on field leadership as much as uga does.

Looks like Drew is Shocking the World with the Canes. They need his spiritual leadership and on field leadership as much as uga does.

If we lose Drew I would rather it be to the Canes than UGA

Please don't factor his facebook wall into any conclusions you make on his choice.  He has been all over the place with his wall.  I guess he is having fun watching the responses.  I still think we are 50% at worst.  

And you are still saying this even after J-S and Dad are saying it's a longshot?  :dunno:

All these wall posts on facebook are CRAZY.  If I was a recruit, I'd stay off facebook completely until after signing day.

Ray Drew is a great kidand much more than a FB player. He could have Cam like influence on the field and off the field. I really hate to see us miss on this kid. I wish him the best when we are not playing his team.

War Eagle !

Archived