Ray Drew

Not A Insider

Our class is very good. I understand why some are feeling disappointment. We had hopes of landing 3 more 5 star guys and we aren't going to land any of them. One top of that Roberson surprised us and went to TT and on top of all that we have done a big whiff on the RB position. Blakley, Huggins, Crowell,  Hart, and perhaps Mason. I see us ending like this

Sigler

Wright

Fulse

Florence

Ameer....maybe

That is a nice group but not the BANG many were looking for with Crowell, Wright, Fulse, Florence, Drew, Roberson, etc....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chip Towers of the AJC quotes Ray Drew on OL Xavier Ward's commitment to UGA ..."I look forward to going against him one Saturday."

Old facebook quote (so pretty much meaningless).  Also, realize that going to the same school might mean you go against a person more often ;).

Please don't factor his facebook wall into any conclusions you make on his choice.  He has been all over the place with his wall.  I guess he is having fun watching the responses.  I still think we are 50% at worst.  

And you are still saying this even after J-S and Dad are saying it's a longshot?  :dunno:

Nope ;D

Chip Towers of the AJC quotes Ray Drew on OL Xavier Ward's commitment to UGA ..."I look forward to going against him one Saturday."

Old facebook quote (so pretty much meaningless).  Also, realize that going to the same school might mean you go against a person more often ;).

He also sent him a text Sunday that said "WDE"

He also sent him a text Sunday that said "WDE"

He enjoys watered down eggplants?

I said it doesn't look good right now but never completely shut the door.  Yesterday, there were lots within our AD who were very confident.  It's not looking good already today.  I'll say this, though.  Our coaches are the best and if anyone can sway him on a last minute visit then it's them.  Let's wait and see what happens but the fact of the matter is, it doesn't look good right now.

I said it doesn't look good right now but never completely shut the door.  Yesterday, there were lots within our AD who were very confident.  It's not looking good already today.  I'll say this, though.  Our coaches are the best and if anyone can sway him on a last minute visit then it's them.  Let's wait and see what happens but the fact of the matter is, it doesn't look good right now.

Where do u think he's headed as of this moment?

University of Ontario

Guys. 2 of the 5 best insiders at AE, Mr. Beech and J-S, are concedeing Drew to uga so it is basically over except the announcement and the fax so let's move on. This one is basically over unfortunately.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Haha.  I like the way you think. DREW TO AU

BYU. He's going to convert the entire school to Baptist.

Not bad. ;D

Not bad. ;D

That's pretty funny because I'm pretty sure coach Grimes was well on his way to doing that while there.  Ha!

Per the Greenviile News, he's headed to Clemson

Oh yeah? How do they know? It doesn't seem like anyone else knows.

JLee's latest post today says it is not looking good right now for Crowell or Drew.  He says right now all signs point to Drew to UGA.  This is really tough to swallow right now but Crowell was a long shot and Drew was a "great to have" but not necessarily a need.  I just hope we get Mason at this point so we can add some quality depth at RB.

Great Call!!

:wareagle:

Well congratulations to those that were naysayers the whole time. I guess you guys are thrilled we're not getting a 5* DE like him. I know that has you guys so pumped up because, you ended up being right and what else matters than being right? Well, I wish Ray Drew the best and hope that he has successful career other than when he plays Auburn. I'll be paying attention to him for many years to come.

Well congratulations to those that were naysayers the whole time. I guess you guys are thrilled we're not getting a 5* DE like him. I know that has you guys so pumped up because, you ended up being right and what else matters than being right? Well, I wish Ray Drew the best and hope that he has successful career other than when he plays Auburn. I'll be paying attention to him for many years to come.

Wow slow that roll Tiger not sure anyone that was saying no was glad to see they were right. Come on brah what true AU fan would be happy to lose a 5*? Auburn will be OK guys I think some of the bad press didn't help here in some situations. We still end up inside top 10 for recruiting. I would say that is still plenty to be thankful for.  ;D

Okay, I preface this by saying I have no information or clue about Ray Drew's intentions, but I will go on the record and call it right here and now:

Ray Drew will pick up an Auburn hat at his announcement and commit to Auburn.  And yes, it will be shocking news.

Guys its not over just yet. Doesn't look good for the good guys. But one never knows. If it does not happen AU will be fine.

I thought he was going to make a final decision about a week before his announcement and let the coaches know his decision. I guess he hasn't made a decision yet?

the most telling thing is that every UGA beat writer and online analyst in existence will be in attendance, and I dont think any of our guys will be there, or any other school for that matter. Equae, Lemonier, Sanders, Bonomolo, Ford, Delaine, Sigler, Niles, I think we can live without Drew.

Archived