Ray Drew

Not A Insider

Sigler finally got his committable offer and has set up a press conference for Thursday night.  The fat lady has sung boys.

Sigler's offer was never contingent on Drew.  That's completely erroneous. Sigler would be announcing for AU on Thursday even if we were getting Drew.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now that Auburn and UGA have both conceded Drew, where is he going?

I'm sure if he calls one of those schools on Friday to commit, they'll tell him that they already gave his spot to someone else because they thought he wasn't coming ;)

Why would the coaches being going to see him Thursday if we weren't in it?  Seems like a big waste of time when you're 4 days or so before signing day to just go and hang out with a recruit that told you no already?

Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  I think that even the insiders are in between on this one and that it'll be 8am on Friday before anyone really know what is going through his head.

Why would the coaches being going to see him Thursday if we weren't in it?  Seems like a big waste of time when you're 4 days or so before signing day to just go and hang out with a recruit that told you no already?

Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  I think that even the insiders are in between on this one and that it'll be 8am on Friday before anyone really know what is going through his head.

It mever hurts to take a last ditch shot since Chizik has not taken his 1 visit to see Drew yet...But it does not look good.

I see your point, but I also could see the visit as a last ditch effort to get him to sign with us. He's the type of player you don't just move on from when told no

First, I think Drew goes to Miami along with Jenkins.... HOWEVER.... :)

I used to be a Rivals member but did not like how they handled a few things and left. While I was there it was pretty common that the school's site that broke the announcement story or something similar was usually the school they went to. Kind of like if you watch what school's rivals reports were going to the press conference was a big tell as to where they were going to school.

The last Drew article was written by AU's guys. Probably nothing, but I noticed that a minute ago.

Anyone know if Hokanson or Lee are planning on going to the press conference Friday? That could also tell us a lot.

But, like I said, I think he goes to the U based on his and Jenkins's comments in recent articles. Also, I think the people above were on to something too with the commitment of DS now.

I still think we are 50/50 with Drew.  I don't know how J.Lee's post today on Rivals could be anything BUT good for us? 

1) He said he got a message from a friend out of the blue that he hadn't talked to in a long time, and it was about how not to worry about pleasing everyone and do what the Lord is calling you to do.  He said it was a confirmation of what he should do and was an answer to his prayers.  --------- To me, this sounds like it would help AU.  "Doing what everyone is wanting you to do" could be a reference to the people in GA wanting him to stay home.  Also, with Drew being so spiritual, you would think that also helps us out, considering Gene is always giving credit to God and I think our program has a good strong bunch of Christian men who care about developing players as great men, not just their physical football ability.

2) He confirms that he already knows and is concrete on where he is going.  He also said he let other coaches know that they'd be wasting their time to come visit him.  Why in the world if he (of course assuming he's told coaches where he is going? Which I understand could not be the case) has already told Chizik, that they would spend their time visiting him on Thursday with so much going on this last week of recruitment?  I suppose CGC could still want to go regardless to give it his all, but if Drew is so firm on his commitment and tired of the recruiting process, why would he want more visits?

It doesn't all make sense, but just from being on the outside reading quotes and using common sense, it's hard not to think that it's still the same 50/50 shot?

Let me say a few things.

First, Ray Drew is just as good of a guy today as he was yesterday and will be Friday and beyond, so remember what we've said about any negative comments.

Second, to address JS's comment, if RD does indeed go to thUGA, maybe he truly was sold by CMR on a concept of coming in and leading a team that has huge on AND off the field issues back both on AND off the field.  As someone previously mentioned, RD may even see this as a challenge in his walk, a new level of ministry.  I would not be surprised at ALL if CMR presented him a vision of being the team leader from day one academically, athletically and spiritually and that was very attractive to him.  Men with his personality typically like challenges.  With the strong moral leadership we have at AU from the top down through CGC and Brother Chette, AU has not had anything close to the challenges many other football programs have had (UGA, UF, UT, UA, etc.).  Maybe he even saw what we have at AU and was inspired to do it elsewhere.  dunno.gif

Sure, it's all speculation at this point, but whether he comes to AU or not, I wish him well.  He made his choice and it was his to make.  I wish he would come to AU.  But we'll be fine either way even though this one stings a little more today only a week from NSD than if we had found out last month or last year that he wasn't interested.

Regardless, I believe in Auburn and Love it...and we're still the National Champions!!!  we.gif

I still think we are 50/50 with Drew.  I don't know how J.Lee's post today on Rivals could be anything BUT good for us? 

1) He said he got a message from a friend out of the blue that he hadn't talked to in a long time, and it was about how not to worry about pleasing everyone and do what the Lord is calling you to do.  He said it was a confirmation of what he should do and was an answer to his prayers.  --------- To me, this sounds like it would help AU.  "Doing what everyone is wanting you to do" could be a reference to the people in GA wanting him to stay home.  Also, with Drew being so spiritual, you would think that also helps us out, considering Gene is always giving credit to God and I think our program has a good strong bunch of Christian men who care about developing players as great men, not just their physical football ability.

2) He confirms that he already knows and is concrete on where he is going.  He also said he let other coaches know that they'd be wasting their time to come visit him.  Why in the world if he (of course assuming he's told coaches where he is going? Which I understand could not be the case) has already told Chizik, that they would spend their time visiting him on Thursday with so much going on this last week of recruitment?  I suppose CGC could still want to go regardless to give it his all, but if Drew is so firm on his commitment and tired of the recruiting process, why would he want more visits?

It doesn't all make sense, but just from being on the outside reading quotes and using common sense, it's hard not to think that it's still the same 50/50 shot?

FYI. all the thing you mentioned could be good for Miami also since they are visiting him on Wednesday.

What happened to the comments I read yesterday by a writer that pressed him for a leader and he said  AUBURN ? Reading these last few pages seems very Lattamore like.

The "shock" could be

1) He is coming to Auburn since all the GA folks think he is a GA lock

2) He and another "Dream Team" member will annonce Friday which could be GA Dream or AU earth shattering !

3) He is going to FL and is Mushchamps first big win.

We need a stellar RB badly (Crowell), but I think all of our D targets are MUST HAVE signees. Our D simply must be a stout D in 2012 to allow an OC transition time if Gus takes a HC slot after this year.

War Eagle !

Give me a 2 star that isn't the "look at me" type and is ALL about being an Auburn Tiger so bad he can't stand it.

you can have that, and I'll take Ray Drew.

+1

Let me say a few things.

First, Ray Drew is just as good of a guy today as he was yesterday and will be Friday and beyond, so remember what we've said about any negative comments.

Second, to address JS's comment, if RD does indeed go to thUGA, maybe he truly was sold by CMR on a concept of coming in and leading a team that has huge on AND off the field issues back both on AND off the field.  As someone previously mentioned, RD may even see this as a challenge in his walk, a new level of ministry.  I would not be surprised at ALL if CMR presented him a vision of being the team leader from day one academically, athletically and spiritually and that was very attractive to him.  Men with his personality typically like challenges.  With the strong moral leadership we have at AU from the top down through CGC and Brother Chette, AU has not had anything close to the challenges many other football programs have had (UGA, UF, UT, UA, etc.).  Maybe he even saw what we have at AU and was inspired to do it elsewhere.  dunno.gif

Sure, it's all speculation at this point, but whether he comes to AU or not, I wish him well.  He made his choice and it was his to make.  I wish he would come to AU.  But we'll be fine either way even though this one stings a little more today only a week from NSD than if we had found out last month or last year that he wasn't interested.

Regardless, I believe in Auburn and Love it...and we're still the National Champions!!!  we.gif

That was a great fresh look at the situation, I had never even thought of that view on the situation yet but it makes a lot sense. I also agree with you completely....everyone getting so worked up about Drew messing around on his own personal facebook can get a life.  He is an 18 year old kid who is just having a little fun, and the ones that are legitimately getting upset about it should step back from the recruiting boards for a few days and clear their head.  I know this is exciting and nerve-racking, but to change your view on Drew for harmless jokes is ridiculous. 

JLee's latest post today says it is not looking good right now for Crowell or Drew.  He says right now all signs point to Drew to UGA.  This is really tough to swallow right now but Crowell was a long shot and Drew was a "great to have" but not necessarily a need.  I just hope we get Mason at this point so we can add some quality depth at RB.

I think most people here are really putting too much emphasis on one recruit. While Drew would be a great catch it will not be the end of the world if we don't get him.  He seems like a great kid and I wish him the best where ever he ends up.

FYI. all the thing you mentioned could be good for Miami also since they are visiting him on Wednesday.

Except for the whole paragraph I wrote for bullet number 1.

Let me say a few things.

exactly how I would have recruited him if I was Richt and something I had been wondering about all along.

Except for the whole paragraph I wrote for bullet number 1.

No. There is also not any pressure for him to choose the U. The only pressure is with uga.

Archived