Ray Drew

Not A Insider

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a lot of our initial gut feelings re: the fact that Drew was just trying to stir up excitement were correct unfortunately. 2 days ago, I was pretty confident he was just messing with us with all the facebook stuff, but once he started telling reporters that it would be AU, even I assumed that he wouldn't go to all that trouble just to mess with one fan base. I'm sure he enjoyed it though so I guess it was worth it for him.

Either way, we just won a national title. Drew would have been a great addition to our class, but we will be more than fine without him. We are pulling in a top 6 class on the heals of a top 4 class with very little to sell recruits on for the majority of both recruiting cycles other than Chizik's vision for our program. Success on the field this year helped with guys like Westerman, but for the vast majority of recruits, they are close to having their mind made up before the season even begins. The impact of our SEC and national title is already being felt in the next recruiting cycle and I don't think its unrealistic at all to expect our coaches to top last years year's class. Its going to be fun to watch what our coaches can do now that Chizik's vision of our program at the top is a reality.

Excellent post!  :) BTW, there has been A LOT of "bickering" on here from the so-called "nay-sayers" camp and the "sunshine-pumpers" camp! I'm just gonna encourage you all to just COOL IT! If you stick around long enough and want to follow recruiting, you WILL ultimately learn that recruits are GOING to do whatever they want to do! My best advise would be to NOT get too emotionally invested in it! IF you read a post on a message board about a recruit supposedly "leaning" toward another school (not AU), like many have mentioned today on here about Drew, and you get a tight feeling in your gut like your gf/bf has just broken up with you or your dog just died or something... then you are TOO emotionally attached! You are setting yourself up to have this feeling EVERY year, b/c I can tell you from experience that we will NEVER get every recruit that we are after! This time last year, everyone was ALL OVER Bryan Jones from Arky, and there were LOTS of "experts" who were certain that he was coming to AU... what happened? He chose Arky, and everyone FREAKED out and said "Why would he go there?" and "He's gonna regret that decision!" And now a lot of those SAME people are saying the SAME thing about Drew and Crowell! I guess my point is let's just try and be POSITIVE and focus on the the guys that we ARE getting, and NOT forget the ones we've already got! And for those who want to keep hope alive with Drew/Crowell... that's fine! Just come on here and say, "My name's DJ, and I want it to be known that I BELIEVE that Ray Drew WILL/WILL NOT sign with AU/UGa/Clemson/FSU/LSU! Thank you!" And then let it be! The problem is that people can't seem to do that! For some reason they want EVERYONE else to think the way that they do, and that's just NOT possible!

Let's just all TRY... for me  ;D... to play nice! And let's sit back and ENJOY another ELITE signing class for our beloved Tigers!

:we:

I'm new to posting here, but I've been posting on rivals for several years. Your tips are pretty good for anyone who's new to recruiting though.

Bottom line is that we are much bigger than any one recruit at this point. During Tubs days, losing out on elite player like Drew would be a killer because we just didn't sign many guys of his caliber. Even if we end up missing on all of the 5*s left on our board, this will still end up being one of the best classes in AU history. Not as good as last year, the 95 class or Dye's best class in the mid 80s, but still one of the top 5 classes in AU history. The scary part is like I said above, our coaches now have an SEC and national title to sell on the recruiting trail.

The thing is, if Ray Drew doesn't commit to Auburn, wouldn't with all the things he's said leave us with a bitter taste in our mouths? I know if he doesn't commit to us, I wouldn't be too happy with him messing with the Auburn family. I'm only 19, so I find it hard for what I say to be called offensive or negative towards a recruit.

I understand where you're coming from, but you've got to keep all this recruiting stuff in perspective.

At 19, I was into "recruiting"... but it had LESS to do with football and more to do with las chicas bonitas! ladys-man.gif

Hi, my names DJ, and I want it to be known that I BELIEVE that Ray Drew WILL/WILL NOT sign with AU/UGa/Clemson/FSU/LSU! Thank you!  ;D

Ahhh - that feels better already!  :party:

Disappointed_anim.gif

There's always one, isn't there DJ.

They are saying on TD that the AU caoches are supposed to be at the announcment friday.

Anyone know if they are or not?

I am not sure why else they would be there.

Coaches can't attend announcements. They are probably referring to the coaches visiting him on Thursday.

I ain't going to say anything cause if I was being recruited like him, I would commit the day Bama offered me and then swap on NSD without notifing them. Saban could find out on Fox6 at 5 with their fans.

I ain't going to say anything cause if I was being recruited like him, I would commit the day Bama offered me and then swap on NSD without notifing them. Saban could find out on Fox6 at 5 with their fans.

^^^This^^^ Lots of lolz!

I would LOVE for us to land Ray Drew, but if we don't I still think we have some huge playmakers at the defensive end position. I mean we have Lemonier, Ford, Eguae, and Bonomolo should be healthy....we'll be just fine, but still my fingers are crossed.lol

If you take it personally that RD isnt coming to AU and that he poked fun at this insane process called recruiting,you should not get so hung up on where an 18 kid may play ball.

^^^^^This x1000

Ive missed something...whats the new on Ray?

Nothing really new. He's going to UGA.

How did this come about?

From what I have gathered no one has any solid info or proof anywhere and its all speculation

Jlee, AUQBDAD, and JS have come out and said it's not looking good for AU. After that it's all the smoke and mirrors that RD has produced on FB and the discussions about them. That's the cliffs

How did this come about?

From what I have gathered no one has any solid info or proof anywhere and its all speculation

I stillsay Miami is the shicker pick here.

How did this come about?

I stillsay Miami is the shicker pick here.

I thought you said FSU?

Archived