Ray Drew

Not A Insider

the most telling thing is that every UGA beat writer and online analyst in existence will be in attendance, and I dont think any of our guys will be there, or any other school for that matter. Equae, Lemonier, Sanders, Bonomolo, Ford, Delaine, Sigler, Niles, I think we can live without Drew.

agree...

losing out on another DE (even one of Drew's calibur) will not break us

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see why anyone would go to U. of Miami unless you are from that area. The facilities are poor and they can't even sell out their games. Now imagine walking out of the tunnel at JH and 80,000 plus people cheering your name and going crazy for the Orange and Blue. That is something you won't get at UM. Plus the way UM gets rid of coaches in a hurry it doesn't sound like a stable program to me. Our WHOLE staff will be together for a third season. That means Auburn = Family.

What happened from yesterday, if it was looking good yesterday.  If his recruitment is goingt to go like this lets just hope it looks good Friday!

He is finally leaking real info on his choice. This is recruiting and things happen really fast at this point in the game.

I said it doesn't look good right now but never completely shut the door.  Yesterday, there were lots within our AD who were very confident.  It's not looking good already today.  I'll say this, though.  Our coaches are the best and if anyone can sway him on a last minute visit then it's them.  Let's wait and see what happens but the fact of the matter is, it doesn't look good right now.

Where do u think he's headed as of this moment?

BYU. He's going to convert the entire school to Baptist.

:laugh:  Now that's a mission field!

Well congratulations to those that were naysayers the whole time. I guess you guys are thrilled we're not getting a 5* DE like him. I know that has you guys so pumped up because, you ended up being right and what else matters than being right?

Seriously?  I was one of the guys that was predicting Drew to UGA.  It seemed to me that the writing was on the wall and has been for some time.  I will be absolutely thrilled if he decides to come to the Plains.  Just because I don't believe we are going to get every single recruit we are going after does not mean I am a naysayer.  on the contrary, your post seems to indicate that you are a sunshine pumper and you resent people that try to have an unbiased perspective.  

That being said, I will be anxiously awaiting Drew's announcement regardless, as I did with Lattimore last year.  I don't know if my heart will be able to take it if he pulls the old hat switcheroo, though.

I just don't see him going from us leading to then miami without a visit or anything since he named us.

I think him saying Auburn leads was more of him having fun.

Looks like a lot of our initial gut feelings re: the fact that Drew was just trying to stir up excitement were correct unfortunately. 2 days ago, I was pretty confident he was just messing with us with all the facebook stuff, but once he started telling reporters that it would be AU, even I assumed that he wouldn't go to all that trouble just to mess with one fan base. I'm sure he enjoyed it though so I guess it was worth it for him.

Either way, we just won a national title. Drew would have been a great addition to our class, but we will be more than fine without him. We are pulling in a top 6 class on the heals of a top 4 class with very little to sell recruits on for the majority of both recruiting cycles other than Chizik's vision for our program. Success on the field this year helped with guys like Westerman, but for the vast majority of recruits, they are close to having their mind made up before the season even begins. The impact of our SEC and national title is already being felt in the next recruiting cycle and I don't think its unrealistic at all to expect our coaches to top last years year's class. Its going to be fun to watch what our coaches can do now that Chizik's vision of our program at the top is a reality.

I don't know about y'all, but I don't like being messed around with.  Drew is just one player, he's a heck of a player, but still...just one player.  A player that was "having fun" at our expense, if that is the case.

One thing is for SURE...if he does not pick Auburn he will be going up against a NASTY offensive line when he plays them for the next 4 years of his career if he stays in the SEC!

Looks like a lot of our initial gut feelings re: the fact that Drew was just trying to stir up excitement were correct unfortunately. 2 days ago, I was pretty confident he was just messing with us with all the facebook stuff, but once he started telling reporters that it would be AU, even I assumed that he wouldn't go to all that trouble just to mess with one fan base. I'm sure he enjoyed it though so I guess it was worth it for him.

Either way, we just won a national title. Drew would have been a great addition to our class, but we will be more than fine without him. We are pulling in a top 6 class on the heals of a top 4 class with very little to sell recruits on for the majority of both recruiting cycles other than Chizik's vision for our program. Success on the field this year helped with guys like Westerman, but for the vast majority of recruits, they are close to having their mind made up before the season even begins. The impact of our SEC and national title is already being felt in the next recruiting cycle and I don't think its unrealistic at all to expect our coaches to top last years year's class. Its going to be fun to watch what our coaches can do now that Chizik's vision of our program at the top is a reality.

Excellent post!  :) BTW, there has been A LOT of "bickering" on here from the so-called "nay-sayers" camp and the "sunshine-pumpers" camp! I'm just gonna encourage you all to just COOL IT! If you stick around long enough and want to follow recruiting, you WILL ultimately learn that recruits are GOING to do whatever they want to do! My best advise would be to NOT get too emotionally invested in it! IF you read a post on a message board about a recruit supposedly "leaning" toward another school (not AU), like many have mentioned today on here about Drew, and you get a tight feeling in your gut like your gf/bf has just broken up with you or your dog just died or something... then you are TOO emotionally attached! You are setting yourself up to have this feeling EVERY year, b/c I can tell you from experience that we will NEVER get every recruit that we are after! This time last year, everyone was ALL OVER Bryan Jones from Arky, and there were LOTS of "experts" who were certain that he was coming to AU... what happened? He chose Arky, and everyone FREAKED out and said "Why would he go there?" and "He's gonna regret that decision!" And now a lot of those SAME people are saying the SAME thing about Drew and Crowell! I guess my point is let's just try and be POSITIVE and focus on the the guys that we ARE getting, and NOT forget the ones we've already got! And for those who want to keep hope alive with Drew/Crowell... that's fine! Just come on here and say, "My name's DJ, and I want it to be known that I BELIEVE that Ray Drew WILL/WILL NOT sign with AU/UGa/Clemson/FSU/LSU! Thank you!" And then let it be! The problem is that people can't seem to do that! For some reason they want EVERYONE else to think the way that they do, and that's just NOT possible!

Let's just all TRY... for me  ;D... to play nice! And let's sit back and ENJOY another ELITE signing class for our beloved Tigers!

:we:

Hi, my names DJ, and I want it to be known that I BELIEVE that Ray Drew WILL/WILL NOT sign with AU/UGa/Clemson/FSU/LSU! Thank you!  ;D

Ahhh - that feels better already!  :party:

Excellent post!  :) BTW, there has been A LOT of "bickering" on here from the so-called "nay-sayers" camp and the "sunshine-pumpers" camp! I'm just gonna encourage you all to just COOL IT! If you stick around long enough and want to follow recruiting, you WILL ultimately learn that recruits are GOING to do whatever they want to do! My best advise would be to NOT get too emotionally invested in it! IF you read a post on a message board about a recruit supposedly "leaning" toward another school (not AU), like many have mentioned today on here about Drew, and you get a tight feeling in your gut like your gf/bf has just broken up with you or your dog just died or something... then you are TOO emotionally attached! You are setting yourself up to have this feeling EVERY year, b/c I can tell you from experience that we will NEVER get every recruit that we are after! This time last year, everyone was ALL OVER Bryan Jones from Arky, and there were LOTS of "experts" who were certain that he was coming to AU... what happened? He chose Arky, and everyone FREAKED out and said "Why would he go there?" and "He's gonna regret that decision!" And now a lot of those SAME people are saying the SAME thing about Drew and Crowell! I guess my point is let's just try and be POSITIVE and focus on the the guys that we ARE getting, and NOT forget the ones we've already got! And for those who want to keep hope alive with Drew/Crowell... that's fine! Just come on here and say, "My name's DJ, and I want it to be known that I BELIEVE that Ray Drew WILL/WILL NOT sign with AU/UGa/Clemson/FSU/LSU! Thank you!" And then let it be! The problem is that people can't seem to do that! For some reason they want EVERYONE else to think the way that they do, and that's just NOT possible!

Let's just all TRY... for me  ;D... to play nice! And let's sit back and ENJOY another ELITE signing class for our beloved Tigers!

:we:

And I think we are still National Champs!!!!!!! Even without Bryan Jones! :wareagle:

Guest shirley4au9

Well congratulations to those that were naysayers the whole time. I guess you guys are thrilled we're not getting a 5* DE like him. I know that has you guys so pumped up because, you ended up being right and what else matters than being right? Well, I wish Ray Drew the best and hope that he has successful career other than when he plays Auburn. I'll be paying attention to him for many years to come.

What? I suggest you step away from the computer for a few. You'll have health issues if you continue to be so angry. Auburn will be fine...Just breathe.

I heard that Drew had chicken for supper tonight.  Not sure what this means in terms of our chances to sign him....

I went to a zoo once and they fed the tigers chicken for dinner, so IMHO, Drew is going to be a Tiger b/c they feed chickens to Tigers and tigers eat chicken TIFWIW (I'm the source).

I heard that Drew had chicken for supper tonight.  Not sure what this means in terms of our chances to sign him....

I went to a zoo once and they fed the tigers chicken for dinner, so IMHO, Drew is going to be a Tiger b/c they feed chickens to Tigers and tigers eat chicken TIFWIW (I'm the source).

Whoa!  I had a flashback to the SECCG!

The thing is, if Ray Drew doesn't commit to Auburn, wouldn't with all the things he's said leave us with a bitter taste in our mouths? I know if he doesn't commit to us, I wouldn't be too happy with him messing with the Auburn family. I'm only 19, so I find it hard for what I say to be called offensive or negative towards a recruit.

Whoa!  I had a flashback to the SECCG!

and ducks too! Year of the foul (or not). Cue the Bird!

They are saying on TD that the AU caoches are supposed to be at the announcment friday.

Anyone know if they are or not?

I am not sure why else they would be there.

The thing is, if Ray Drew doesn't commit to Auburn, wouldn't with all the things he's said leave us with a bitter taste in our mouths? I know if he doesn't commit to us, I wouldn't be too happy with him messing with the Auburn family. I'm only 19, so I find it hard for what I say to be called offensive or negative towards a recruit.

I understand where you're coming from, but you've got to keep all this recruiting stuff in perspective.

Hi, my names DJ, and I want it to be known that I BELIEVE that Ray Drew WILL/WILL NOT sign with AU/UGa/Clemson/FSU/LSU! Thank you!  ;D

Ahhh - that feels better already!  :party:

Disappointed_anim.gif

Archived