ALL THINGS Cyrus...

Hate to post something off of bams rivals page, but this is not on AU rivals page yet.  His HS coach just said he thinks he sticks with AU in the end!!  BUT through in things might change, he didn't know for sure. 

When a HS coach goes on record with stuff like this, to me they better know what's up.  War Eagle and looking very good as of right now.

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1185036

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The chance that CK won't pan out is very slim.  CK is a man-child.  If he sign with us, he will win a starting spot at OT.

It amazes me that CK is my age. The guy is a monster I have never seen anybody that big in person that is my age.

WarBlogle WarBlogle.com RT @tommydeas Kouandjio tells Chizik he is not ready to decide, meeting with high school coach to discuss decision... 1 minute ago

So he has made a decision??  He coach seems to think he goes to AU in the end.  Maybe his coach will tell him to go with the ole gut.

WarBlogle WarBlogle.com RT @tommydeas Kouandjio tells Chizik he is not ready to decide, meeting with high school coach to discuss decision... 1 minute ago

So he has made a decision??  He coach seems to think he goes to AU in the end.  Maybe his coach will tell him to go with the ole gut.

He hasn't made a decision to my knowledge, but another board said the announcement would come tomorrow morning.

He hasn't made a decision to my knowledge, but another board said the announcement would come tomorrow morning.

That tweet was from earlier in the day.  Or it's exactly the same wording.

One thing of note. His dad said he had not slept in 3 days. There was an article saying he developed a nervous tick due to stress. Then on the other hand you have them drawing out this process even further thus compounding the stress. One would think that for his health, they would be more hurried in their approach.

I'd like to commend the high school coach in this matter. He seems level headed and fair(Integrity). He may not have had the turds drop 75K in his facilities but at this point he seems to be doing what is the correct thing.

According to kristen kenney who broke this story, Cyrus told his HS coach today at noon he still considers himself an Auburn commitment.  The coach asked him why he couldn't go ahead and send in his fax and he told him he couldn't do that right now.  He feels like he has one foot in and one foot out.

I went to a rival HS in MD before going to Auburn, and I've always had a high opinion of Coach McGregor.  I definitely think that he would do things the right way, and I highly doubt that the REC can reach its tentacles as far as DeMatha.

If in the end he doesn't choose to go to AU, I don't think it would be because of a shady HS coach.

If he is still deciding, he's going to uat.

Not sure that I follow your logic.

He has either decided or not.  The reports that he will have "a decision" means, to me, he is backing off.

He has either decided or not.  The reports that he will have "a decision" means, to me, he is backing off.

Read the last few pages.  I believe your logic may be flawed. 

Then why would he still consider himself an Auburn commitment?

Here is what Stewart Mandell of Sports illustrated had to say...

Speaking of needs, one ought to consider them in giving proper context to the ongoing Kouandjio saga. As if Alabama and Auburn fans needed anything else to lord over each other, the elite tackle's eventual decision (assuming it's not New Mexico) will surely provide more fodder. But for the Tigers, adding Kouandjio would be a luxury; for Nick Saban's Crimson Tide, it's more a necessity.

Auburn already has signatures from the nation's top center (Reese Dismukes) and a top-three guard (Christian Westerman) and tackle (Greg Robinson). Its offensive line class is stacked regardless. Alabama on the other hand failed to land two other four-star tackles (Brandon Shell and Aaron Morris). It was counting on Kouandjio, and failing to get him could be the one glaring hole in an otherwise sterling class.

"That franchise left tackle is somehow alluding [Alabama]," said 247Sports.com National Analyst J.C. Shurburtt. "I think it would definitely hurt Alabama more. If Auburn loses Cyrus, it's still one of the top offensive line classes in the country."

Maybe it won't matter. Maybe Kouandjio won't pan out.

Or maybe he'll make the key block on the winning score in the 2013 Iron Bowl. It's entirely possible. Maybe Alabama will lose 28-27, like it did last year, because it couldn't protect its quarterback.

That's why Signing Day matters. Technically, all the thousands of hours and miles the coaches log leading up to it matter more, but those 15-second announcements are far more fun to watch -- especially when live animals are involved.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/02/02/signing-day-awards/index.html#ixzz1CwDs4xOq'>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/02/02/signing-day-awards/index.html#ixzz1CwDs4xOq

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/02/02/signing-day-awards/index.html

I love Mandel's honesty and objectivity even when I don't agree with what he has to say. He only does it during three season but if you haven't given it a try listen to his podcast, The Mandel Initiative. He was never too high or too low on us all season.

I can't remember where I read this.....but I read that Cyrus won't have an "announcement"...he'll just call the coaches and tell them...so we'll prob only get an update on espn

I can't remember where I read this.....but I read that Cyrus won't have an "announcement"...he'll just call the coaches and tell them...so we'll prob only get an update on espn

I betcha ol' ST finds out before ESPN!

AE will know before BSPN.  

I betcha ol' ST finds out before ESPN!

lol well yeah  :tease:

Archived