ALL THINGS Cyrus...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna go with our guys and continue to be optimistic, but Tommy Deas (tidesports.com) just tweeted the following:

New Tidesports.com update: Kouandjio tells Chizik he is not ready to decide, meeting with high school coach to discuss decision...

If true, gotta like the high school coach having a role.

Guys I know in many situations we look to see what school is the source of articles to try to figure where a player is going. Throw that out of the equation in this case. 80-90% of the media outlets in Alabama is pro-bammer.

Tidesports contacted Cyrus' coach. The quotes are from the coach.

The coach also said in the article that it was important to him that Cyrus understands that the decision is his and that his decision can't be to make anyone else happy, including his parents, siblings, and coaches.

AND .... WHY are you following tidesports?   :dunno:      :tease:

Just because someone goes there to read what's being said does not mean the are FOLLOWING it.  I

AND .... WHY are you following tidesports?   :dunno:      :tease:

Just because someone goes there to read what's being said does not mean the are FOLLOWING it.  I

Thus the big TEASE at the end.

http://auburn.scout.com/2/1045274.html

SIAP.  In this video, you can see the confusion and indecision he has.   It seems kind of like the word game, OK say the first thing that comes to mind when I say......football  -  Auburn.  I think he wants to come to Auburn, but that will be the road less traveled and the more difficult decision for him to make.  If he chooses AU after all of this, I think it will say a lot about his will and courage to take the more difficult path. (Not to say that if he goes somewhere else that he has any less character) just that AU is where he truly wants to be in his heart.  

I hope he does talk with his coach and he encourages him to bring his parents to Auburn for a visit.

When it comes to bammer, it aint over till the fat lady farts!

The more this goes on the more you can see that Nicky has his hands all in this. I saw on AL.com that Iowa is now in play. My guess is that after he said Auburn, Nicky lost it, and threaten to pull his brothers scholarship. There is no doubt that this young man has been put in a bad position by Bama.

The more this goes on the more you can see that Nicky has his hands all in this. I saw on AL.com that Iowa is now in play. My guess is that after he said Auburn, Nicky lost it, and threaten to pull his brothers scholarship. There is no doubt that this young man has been put in a bad position by Bama.

I sincerely doubt that Iowa is actually back in it.  As for the conspiracy theories about Saban pulling Arie's scholarship: just stop it.  Don't get me wrong, as a Miami Dolphins and Auburn Tigers fan, I hate Saban as much as anyone.  With that said, suggesting that Saban would pull Arie's scholarship if Cyrus signed with Auburn is nothing short of ridiculous.  You can take off the tinfoil hat now, and join the rest of in simply crossing your fingers.

I sincerely doubt that Iowa is actually back in it.  As for the conspiracy theories about Saban pulling Arie's scholarship: just stop it.  Don't get me wrong, as a Miami Dolphins and Auburn Tigers fan, I hate Saban as much as anyone.  With that said, suggesting that Saban would pull Arie's scholarship if Cyrus signed with Auburn is nothing short of ridiculous.  You can take off the tinfoil hat now, and join the rest of in simply crossing your fingers.

I don't think Saban threatened Arie's scholarship but I don't believe that Saban is above making a threat like that.

I sincerely doubt that Iowa is actually back in it. As for the conspiracy theories about Saban pulling Arie's scholarship: just stop it. Don't get me wrong, as a Miami Dolphins and Auburn Tigers fan, I hate Saban as much as anyone. With that said, suggesting that Saban would pull Arie's scholarship if Cyrus signed with Auburn is nothing short of ridiculous. You can take off the tinfoil hat now, and join the rest of in simply crossing your fingers.

Amen!! Geez guys some of you are starting to sound like the psycho tin foil hat bammer conspiracy theorists. It is possible the CK just wasnt quite ready to make a decision and wants a little more time. Hell, come to think of it, that makes more sense that any of these crazy Saban theories etc. Come to think of it, that is the simplest, most logical explanation for the whole situation. Auburn has just signed back to back the two best classes in the history of our football program, REGARDLESS of where CK ends up and some of us need to realize that and stop taking the decision of these KIDS so seriously and stop being so arrogant as to think that just because we love Auburn that it is the only school in the country. We just won the National Championship for cryin out loud. Everything is gonna be ok. Saban isnt the boogeyman

A couple of thoughts.

First, I do not follow TideSports.  On Twitter you can just search Kouandjio. Y'all did know that, right?  ;)  Seeing that tweet, I felt obliged to share it.

Second, I do not see Saban's malicious hand in this.  I don't like him, but let's go back to the moment of the announcement.  When Cyrus said, "Auburn," I literally gasped.  I was so excited.  But just before that, it didn't look like he knew what he was going to say.  It was a very awkward moment (some commented on it right at the time).  Looks to me like the confusion was all CK's.

I do think Saban fights hard for his recruits.  Apparently he kicked our butt on Calloway -- wish Brent the best, but I wonder how he feels.  He surely kicked our butt on Dee Hart.  And we got him with CK (we shouldn't even be in the race, apart from our coaches and 2011 recruits), Diskmukes, and Florence (Region, too).  I'll hand it to him:  he's good at what he does.

Do not care anymore where he ends up... If you aren't 100% sure you wanna be here, don't come. There were hundreds of other kids who stepped up yesterday and pulled the trigger for a school. I doubt all of them were 120% sure of their choice, but they sacked up and made one anyway. Picking one school or another does not significantly increase or decrease your chances of making it to the NFL.

Guys saban did not threaten his bro....

The same people that believe that believe we created the moon landing in a Hollywood studio. Conspiracy, conspiracy, conspiracy!!!!

The same people that believe that believe we created the moon landing in a Hollywood studio. Conspiracy, conspiracy, conspiracy!!!!

F'baum is going off! lol He just said he wouldn't put it past Saban to threaten Cyrus' brother. He also said Saban is probably the second best recruiter in the state now.

Probably not, but even Fbaum is saying right now that he wouldn't put it past saban to imply to someone close to CK that Arie's situation may be affected by his decision.

Unless anyone is in the room when a conversation takes place, you can't say with certainty that Saban would or wouldn't. You saying "no, he wouldn't do that" contains no more proof than the person saying he would.

Do not care anymore where he ends up... If you aren't 100% sure you wanna be here, don't come. There were hundreds of other kids who stepped up yesterday and pulled the trigger for a school. I doubt all of them were 120% sure of their choice, but they sacked up and made one anyway. Picking one school or another does not significantly increase or decrease your chances of making it to the NFL.

Calm down brother. He's a kid, and his parents apparently weren't happy with the decision he made and/or the fact that he didn't tell them that decision until his announcement, so he is delaying to get all his ducks in a row. What would you have him do? Thumb his nose at his biological family and proclaim that he has a new Family now? Come on man, I know this is frustrating, but try to have respect for the human beings who are making decisions that will shape the rest of their lives.

Archived